• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Seikon no Qwaser ep.1
vAZgB0a.jpg

I thought you guys said this was good? This first episode was umm, quite the experience, lol. I wasn't expecting it to be that edgy at all. I actually think that made Strike the Blood look like a children's cartoon almost, lol. So, the MC is 13 with a bunch of 16 year old girls and he just gets to go around doing those lewd things to them as a power up? WTF, lol.

Sterok

Joker Game 5

Better than the last episode I think. At least this time our spy went through some actual troubles and didn't have full control of the situation.

DANBALL SENKI - 28

HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP WHAT AN EPISODE.

So the Innovators, not screwing around anymore, HIJACK A TRAIN with their TINY TOY ROBOTS and send it hurtling towards Ban and co.'s location.

Ban of course, sets out to stop it with his new and improved LBX whose new super move is LITERALLY AN ERUPTING BURNING GIGA DRILL BREAK.

That unfortunately isn't enough to stop it. So it's time for another LBX to re-enact Spiderman 2!

Yes, that's a tiny toy robot holding back a speeding train you're looking at. How come only so few people here are watching this show?

Quasar

If Her Flag Breaks ep.1
jHbiggZ.gif

Yup. there is definitely some weirdness to this one. The premise is pretty interesting and could lead to some really funny stuff, but let's see where they go with it. I'd like it to stay lighthearted and fun, so hopefully, that stays true..

Enjoyed this. It goes weird though.

Line_HTX

Kiritobread,

Guilty Crown.

Edit: Oh, I see you already started on Sasha Hell, ROFL

They're all high profile seiyus in this craziness of a show.

Mailbox

If Her Flag Breaks ep.1
jHbiggZ.gif

Yup. there is definitely some weirdness to this one. The premise is pretty interesting and could lead to some really funny stuff, but let's see where they go with it. I'd like it to stay lighthearted and fun, so hopefully, that stays true..

OHHHHHHHHH

Oh god... oh god oh god.
You.... You are in for a fucking treat.
I await your final few episode impressions on this.
Jesus, I still can't believe that show... oh god.

Enjoyed this. It goes weird though.

HUGE understatement

Ascheroth

Danball Senki #9

DROPPED
The giant robot, that is.
Is Pandora a possible upgrade for Ami/Kunoichi? I hope so, because it looks awesome.
Next up, an underground tiny robot tournament and the grandson of shithead #1 entering the scene apparently.

Joker Game

Dropped like it's hot. I'm down to 5 shows this season. Bungou may be my next drop I'd it doesn't get better soon. That show just isn't really doing anything for me

DANBALL SENKI - 28

HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP WHAT AN EPISODE.

So the Innovators, not screwing around anymore, HIJACK A TRAIN with their TINY TOY ROBOTS and send it hurtling towards Ban and co.'s location.

Ban of course, sets out to stop it with his new and improved LBX whose new super move is LITERALLY AN ERUPTING BURNING GIGA DRILL BREAK.

That unfortunately isn't enough to stop it. So it's time for another LBX to re-enact Spiderman 2!

Yes, that's a tiny toy robot holding back a speeding train you're looking at. How come only so few people here are watching this show?
Because I watched it months ago

kewlmyc

Seikon no Qwaser ep.1
vAZgB0a.jpg

I thought you guys said this was good? This first episode was umm, quite the experience, lol. I wasn't expecting it to be that edgy at all. I actually think that made Strike the Blood look like a children's cartoon almost, lol. So, the MC is 13 with a bunch of 16 year old girls and he just gets to go around doing those lewd things to them as a power up? WTF, lol.

No one said it was good, we just told you to watch it.

Make sure to watch the second season.

Taruranto

Looks like Joker Game is only 12 episodes, so by the time they'll have finished "introducing" the spies, the show will be pretty much over.

I was banking a lot on this, and you can see Production I.G put some efforts into it. A shame, really.

Line_HTX

Looks like Joker Game is only 12 episodes, so by the time they'll have finished "introducing" the spies, the show will be pretty much over.

I was banking a lot on this, and you can see Production I.G put some efforts into it. A shame, really.

Damn, really? I was going to start that because of Production IG and I always loved their efforts in past shows...

:|

Sölf

Yeah, that will be a shame, unless they start to introduce 2 spies per episode, then we should be done in 2-3 episodes. Then again, this small format somehow fits, I doubt a big overall storyline would be that good considering the setting.

If Her Flag Breaks ep.1

Oh excellent, I can't wait to read your impressions of where it goes because boy howdy does it go

It's not like the show has much interest at all in developing its characters so I'm not even sure it matters.

pbayne

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 6

Fate really ups this show a lot. I liked the progression of Nanoha trying to communicate with her as a solution rather than just fight her, though i had to suffer through a fair amount of tedium to get to that.

This show has too many side characters atm for what little value they actually add. Pretty much every side characters job is to talk about Nanoha. Its like she's Poochi at times.

Joker Game feels empty to me. An episodic show covering the life of spies could be fantastic, but the spies are not gonna grow into characters. Since we have no feel for them as characters, so the story has to carry it.

But the story feels too haphazard to give me any lasting enjoyment. The villains are all a bunch of cackling idiots. The history element isn't there. Very little of the show seems well put together.

Oh excellent, I can't wait to read your impressions of where it goes because boy howdy does it go

Is this show well regarded? I barely remember watching it, but I don't remember it being all that great.

Like, at some point there's a hole that goes under their dorm and some weird nonsense. Felt like a bog standard harem to me.

Is this show well regarded? I barely remember watching it, but I don't remember it being all that great.

Like, at some point there's a hole that goes under their dorm and some weird nonsense. Felt like a bog standard harem to me.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's great but I found it funny and loved that they committed to their nonsense so much. I enjoy bombast and this rounded it off with enough jokes that I could live with the more cliche parts

Cornbread78

If Her Flag Breaks ep.2
Ok, so we now have the onee-chan trope, and the old loli looking lady, the tsundere, the brute SCP, the Wakaba girl prototype and .... what's next? Some funny stuff in here, but thete is that touch of darkness from his flashbacks....

Cornbread78

Quaser ep.2
Umm, such a power-up... aye, aye,aye. Did he stab her in the crotch with the giant blade also? WTF.. That was pretty bloody either way.. I guess he has to wait for his balls to drop to become a real warrior, lol.

pbayne

Quaser ep.2
Umm, such a power-up... aye, aye,aye. Did he stab her in the crotch with the giant blade also? WTF.. That was pretty bloody either way.. I guess he has to wait for his balls to drop to become a real warrior, lol.

WTF? Have you been tricked into watching hentai?

Negator

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 6

Fate really ups this show a lot. I liked the progression of Nanoha trying to communicate with her as a solution rather than just fight her, though i had to suffer through a fair amount of tedium to get to that.

This show has too many side characters atm for what little value they actually add. Pretty much every side characters job is to talk about Nanoha. Its like she's Poochi at times.

I don't know if anyone told you this, but you should watch the Nanoha 1st movie instead. Trims out a lot of the fat and is overall a much better experience. It's a remake of the first season.

pbayne

I don't know if anyone told you this, but you should watch the Nanoha 1st movie instead. Trims out a lot of the fat and is overall a much better experience. It's a remake of the first season.

Thanks and yeah i think oceanblue mentioned as well that the movie was the optimal way to watch season one. Im really starting to see the merit in that(looked up some of the movie fights-looks pretty good). I still like the show overall but yeah i guess ill cut my losses and watch the movie instead.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lmao, twin drills school queen has a bondage shota assistant.

Danball Senki - 31

I really like that the show switched things around with the teams for this next tournament instead of just sticking with the usual trio.

Jintor

i feel like the interesting thing about eupho and yuri is that I don't know whether it's an indictment on the anime's direction, the writing, or the fans that an incredibly strong relationship is usually interpreted as romantic. (Of course, the actual stuff reina and kumiko do/say at least in the anime script is way more emotionally resonant than a lot of stuff I see in actual romance anime, so direction definitely is... direction)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Thanks and yeah i think oceanblue mentioned as well that the movie was the optimal way to watch season one. Im really starting to see the merit in that(looked up some of the movie fights-looks pretty good). I still like the show overall but yeah i guess ill cut my losses and watch the movie instead.

The things is, Nanoha TV is a great magical girl show, while the movie is just an great action movie. I recommend you to just watch both if you are in love with the series.

KraytarJ

Joker Game 05
Better than the mess last week but this episode still had problems, instead of not showing nearly enough substance and making leaps like crazy like last week this episode felt so predictable. Like right off the bat it seemed so obvious that the capture and "betrayal" was all a set up by Yuuki but somehow the brilliant spy master that knows enough to use false maps to trick his prisoner couldn't see the most obvious set up in the world coming. Overall the show's definitely been a disappointment so far as I started watching it after hearing so much positive buzz around the first 2 episodes but it's just been boring and confusing the whole time, and of all the shows I've been following this season I'd say it's the weakest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom