• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danball Senki W - 28

CieJ3hAUoAE65yg.jpg:large

It's honestly sad just hearing about the backlash caused by the LBX terrorism around the world. That bit with the children's letters to the Prime Minister was super touching.

Mailbox

I need to catch up on Anne-Happy...

Do the dark undertones go anywhere yet?

Man idk how I feel about this avatar. I wanted to change things up a bit but I'm so used to my old one that I've been using forever that this feels weird.

I know the feeling, hence why I always make my own avatars in the same dumb style every season.

want me to add a tophat, monocle, and grayscale your current one?

Yet it's come up time and time again for the most bullshit reasons over the past years.

I get you, I do. I just felt that post may have been directed at me without actually looking at the context of the posts.
Regardless, I guess it really shouldn't matter.

who is names2hard4you and where's that guy who had the Oreki with a monocle avatar

Blurr, i'm not sure if its intentional but the white edge bits on your avatar annoy me more and more as I see them. Unless this is intentional, want me to clean it up a bit?

who is names2hard4you and where's that guy who had the Oreki with a monocle avatar

I can't even find myself on this page anymore because of this avy lol.

want me to add a tophat, monocle, and grayscale your current one?

I was thinking of doing that actually. I may do that after I get some sleep since I enjoy editing stuff, but thanks for the offer.

Ultimately though, chances are that I will just go back to Oreki.

jbug617

Banned
Is there problems with Right Stuf and Funimation? It's been a long time since Right Stuf has had a Funimation sale. Also seems like Funimation prices are way higher than they use to.

Theonik

Cb4WqZKl.jpg

Come on Haifuri, you're better than this.
Someone needs to teach them how bras work!

God damn KyoAni.
There are so much fetishes in this picture its mind blowing.
No leg warmers no sale.

FYI this is another show you'd be pushing due to earnestness, sincerity of the characters, and 2D mecha despite the faltering of the ambitious storytelling approach if you had opinions of your own.
Wow. That bullying.

Narag

Wait the Ace Attorney anime is gonna be 24 episodes?

Is it just gonna be stick figures by then?

It's been surprisingly okay as of late.

Is there problems with Right Stuf and Funimation? It's been a long time since Right Stuf has had a Funimation sale. Also seems like Funimation prices are way higher than they use to.

I imagine funi is pushing their own shop atm. Looks like their last one was June of last year?

Mailbox

Be my guest, that was the best I could do

Sorry if I seemed rude.
um2tTT1.png

I can't even find myself on this page anymore because of this avy lol.

I was thinking of doing that actually. I may do that after I get some sleep since I enjoy editing stuff, but thanks for the offer.

Ultimately though, chances are that I will just go back to Oreki.

Hope you can find something fresh and comfortable then. Maybe slightly edit the Oreki one?

Wait the Ace Attorney anime is gonna be 24 episodes?

Is it just gonna be stick figures by then?

Denpa Kyoushi was 24 episodes long. We shouldn't be surprised that we have to endure such shit. oh well...

Thoraxes

it just seems like they're trying to be more independent on that front and promote their own store instead. Couple that with their dub initiatives and their normal people retail push, and yeah. You can find their stuff in Best Buy and Walmart now.

Which means outside of anything exceptional that I want, I'm not buying anything from them till the holidays when it gets really cheap.

Thoraxes

It seems like they do, but it also seems implied that she may have been forcing it or controlling him in some way (ie: they were testing to see if she had Order potential and how everyone in the family currently has abilities dealing with control over others. )
I guess I'll wait and see then. I thought it said her order rank was E on the sheet though.

Narag

it just seems like they're trying to be more independent on that front and promote their own store instead.

Which means outside of anything exceptional that I want, I'm not buying anything from them till the holidays when it gets really cheap.

They've had some decent weekly deals. Worth keeping an eye on.

Thoraxes

They've had some decent weekly deals. Worth keeping an eye on.
Like I really wanted to get AssClass and Owari no Seraph (and a bunch of the stuff they announced for August now), but not at the current prices. The SAVE stuff is alright though. Got a preorder of RoboNotes and Fractale for $20.

The only full priced things I've preordered from them in the past 12 months that aren't budget releases are Yurikuma and Lucky Star. I'm also just kinda skeptical about using their store when I get my stuff so fast, in perfect condition, and with free shipping from TRSI.

I'll be on the look though. I still really want to get YuYu Hakusho, but it sucked when they had all but one of the releases on sale for some reason.

pbayne

Looks like Big Order is only gonna have 10 episodes.
"Read the manga" ending, here we come!

Surely Big Order works as an anti-incentive to read the manga at this point though?
I mean most people watching it don't even seem to enjoy it at a "so bad its good" level anymore.

Mailbox

Surely Big Order works as an anti-incentive to read the manga at this point though?
I mean most people watching it don't even seem to enjoy it at a "so bad its good" level anymore.

I've watched enough bad anime to know that's not how it works.
So much shit, so few endings.

Thoraxes

Oh, Nisekoi ends in a few weeks.

Time for Shaft to announce a two cour final season.

What's even better is that there were like 100 opportunities in this last arc to asspull and drag it out for another 8000000000 chapters, but he avoided that.

My suffering will finally be over.

Sorry. Been out with the family all day. Now to respond.

How can you love the likes of Clannad and Anohana but genuinely take issue with Shinji for supposedly being whiny.

Does not compute.

Had the same issue with Tomoya and Jintan when I first started those shows too. As the shows progressed I realized there was reasons behind their behavior and why they reacted the way they did. Tomoya and Jintan complained a lot early on too. However, it never stopped them from pressing forward.

Now Shinji can just as easily fall into the same camp and have justifiable reasons revealed throughout the show about why he is the way he is. I am perfectly okay with that. And like I said all the way back on episode 1, this is a nitpick at most. I can usually move past a whiny/complaining character or two. It's kinda my bread and butter actually. I am sure Shinji may grow on me in due time.

In the end Shinji's behavior is well justified and it's just ironic that people who love the trashiest of melodramas with myriads of forced crying scenes somehow take issue here.

On the first bolded text, I don't really know that yet. I am still early in the series. So, it's been kinda...sorta justified but not completely. Need more justifications for it.

And as for the second bolded text, we were all having fun here. No need to start being mean. (Edit: For some reason, it is also comforting to know that AnimeGAF really hasn't changed all that much since I took that break way back and came back a few days ago. "Your anime taste is shit!" and all that... ;) )

I don't want to spoil anything, but don't expect Shinji to be like Simon in TTGL where he becomes one of the manliest mecha pilots known to man.

I mean, I love those kinds of characters, but Evangelion goes to great lengths to show how Shinji physically and mentally cannot be one of those kinds of characters.

That's not to say he's a complete whiner and mopes around all the time. He just doesn't have that "brave hero" kind of personality, and as the show goes on, it becomes easier to see why.

Simon was a character that I got over the whining about five episodes in. So I didn't mind and his evolution to a man was...pretty great.

And okay, I am starting to get the picture that his reasons are justifiable and we delve deeper into why he is this way as the show progresses. Nice. That's all I want.

It seems odd to me too, but people watch things for different reasons. Some people may not like the more realistic approach, and would rather distance themselves from that in what they watch. We're all arriving at what we watch with different perspectives and goals.

That's why I like watchbets. Makes me step outside my comfort zone and try something different. I am really enjoying my time with Evangelion and I can't wait to keep going with it. It focuses more on characters than the fights (even though the fights are pretty great), and I love seeing a character grow and come to understand why a character would do what he/she does.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Non Non Biyori - Episode 1

Man this is chicken soup for me like Nichijou is.

Is there any place in Japan actually still like this?

Oh, Nisekoi ends in a few weeks.

Time for Shaft to announce a two cour final season.
What for real :/ so he's just gonna pick a girl and it ends there, or if it's shit he'll pick no one.
Kind of wanted it to be like Jitsu wa
where they hook up but the manga continues and shows them as a couple

Kiznaiver 6

Yep, this show continues to be pretty solid. The characters are interesting to watch, and the directing is on point.

Also, yeah, that TengaxChidori ship is coming in hot.

Kiznaiver 6

This continues to be a very solid show, though only remarkable in the sense that it proves Trigger aren't doomed to drown in Imaishi's id. At this point, I find that fact alone heartening.

TrueBlue

So from what I've gathered from the last page or two of lurking, Kiznavier, MHA and Danball Senki are good? I'm aware the latter isn't a seasonal show in the same vein as the others.

Anything else? I haven't paid much attention to this season.

Ascheroth

So from what I've gathered from the last page or two of lurking, Kiznavier, MHA and Danball Senki are good? I'm aware the latter isn'tba seasonal show in the same vein as the others.

Yes to all 3.
Then there's also Re:Zero, Kuromukuro, Space Patrol Luluco and JoJo Part 4 which I'd consider among the best of the season, from what shows I've watched.

So from what I've gathered from the last page or two of lurking, Kiznavier, MHA and Danball Senki are good? I'm aware the latter isn'tba seasonal show in the same vein as the others.

Tanaka-kun, Jojo and Kuromukuro are worth checking out.

blurr

So from what I've gathered from the last page or two of lurking, Kiznavier, MHA and Danball Senki are good? I'm aware the latter isn't a seasonal show in the same vein as the others.

Space Patrol Luluco apparently is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom