• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Since like 3 different people responded about the Kiznaiver character thing I'll just put my general response here since responding on mobile's a bitch.

Honestly my problems with the characters disappear after episode 2, the only reason they seemed to be set up as being deeper than they were is because of the whole 'seven deadly sins' crap. Like, the idea that these characters are normal isn't really what the show tries for in the beginning when it's calling them 'sinners'.

But hey, they dropped that angle pretty damn quickly and the show's better because of it. This isn't a show that benefits from being pretentious.

Oh don't worry. Considering the writer, I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

Just to be sure I'm picking this up right Tumblr/Twitter gifs are verboten thanks to their low framerate or is there some other sin going on here?

TUSR

Banned
Well I'm happy to do the OP, since I actually have a plan in place for this one, but please continue with the poll, since that "unless" makes it sound like an either or deal.

Though I should note that with 20 shows in the OP, the amount of wiggle room for text has become extremely limited when you take into account all the links that are in it so a 16 show limit would be preferable in my case, but if needs must I can work around more.
It's all yours, I have other OTs to work on.

I'll still post a poll and pass you all the data.

Cornbread78

Just to be sure I'm picking this up right Tumblr/Twitter gifs are verboten thanks to their low framerate or is there some other sin going on here?

Nah, just banter back and forth. They are not to be use heartily though, but are fine once in awhile. However, if you become a gif spammer, hell has no wrath like scorned AnimeGAF's reaction to excessive Tumblr gifs... lol

Yeah it was fantastic.

Shame they released it now instead of later in the summer.
Awesome. I trust everyone involved in the project, so I wasn't expecting it to be nothing short of awesome. Can't wait.

How y'all doing? It's been a while. Might watch some anime tonight.
A wild javac has appeared! You should watch Kiznaiver. And since you like watching older stuff, you may enjoy Kabaneri's style.

javac

A wild javac has appeared! You should watch Kiznaiver. And since you like watching older stuff, you may enjoy Kabaneri's style.
Ha yeah I've been away for a while but I felt a little nostalgic and haven't watched anything in a while, and with uni out of the way I thought that I'd use some of my time to watch anime, because what else is one to do with all of this time!? :p

That's that Trigger show right? Thanks for the recommendation, I might give it a look. The way I feel right now is probably not too dissimilar to a person who's been castaway on an island, away from society only to be thrown back into it.
Maybe that's a little over dramatic.
This whole year has been an anime free zone for me, but it's nice to have a purge every once in a while!

Not sure what to watch in regards to the shows/films that I have on hand tho, will have to shuffle through my list and see what sticks out at me.

Cornbread78

Ha yeah I've been away for a while but I felt a little nostalgic and haven't watched anything in a while, and with uni out of the way I thought that I'd use some of my time to watch anime, because what else is one to do with all of this time!? :p

That's that Trigger show right? Thanks for the recommendation, I might give it a look. The way I feel right now is probably not too dissimilar to a person who's been castaway on an island, away from society only to be thrown back into it.
This whole year has been an anime free zone for me, but it's nice to have a purge every once in a while!

Not sure what to watch in regards to the shows/films that I have on hand tho, will have to shuffle through my list and see what sticks out at me.

Try out ReZero as well. First episode is 40 mins long, but you have to watch the whole thing to fully understand it. Then, it picks up from there..... Good stuff!

javac

Try out ReZero as well. First episode is 40 mins long, but you have to watch the whole thing to fully understand it. Then, it picks up from there..... Good stuff!

Don't go pushing your luck with the recommendations now! Just messing :p, thanks for the recommendation but it doesn't look like my cup of tea unfortunately.

Cornbread78

Don't go pushing your luck with the recommendations now! Just messing :p, thanks for the recommendation but it doesn't look like my cup of tea unfortunately.

It's not your typical "fantasy world" anime, btw..

well, I like Twin Star Exorcist, but it's too much "generic shounen" from what everyone says.

Hundred is your LN trash that is made to perfection

Flying Witch is your comfy SoL

Netoge is your ecchi comedy

The Lost Village is your crazy/dark humor Okada show

Kabaneri is not your Attack on Titan with trains, really,. it's not.....

My Hero Acedemia is your super hero shounen but is super slow paced, hated by many, loved by many....

Tanaka-kun is another comfy SoL/comedy.

Uchuu Patrol Luluco : is crazy Trigger stuff.

Big Order is just, well, nobody is sure what the hell it is other than over-the-top out there stuff...

Clov

Debating whether to go to Pony Canyon's panel at Anime North. I don't think they'll have anything interesting to announce. Maybe if they're giving away free Euphonium volumes...

True Tears 01

ShdWkNA.jpg

Hm... Not sure if childhood friend or just daughter of father's friend :p

We're always here old friend, welcome back. I feel like the connoisseur in you is going to love Kiznaiver. It is THE SHOW this season. Apparently Luluco, which is another Trigger production is also great, but I haven't watched it yet.

We're always here old friend, welcome back. I feel like the connoisseur in you is going to love Kiznaiver. It is THE SHOW this season. Apparently Luluco, which is another Trigger production is also great, but I haven't watched it yet.

FWIW, Luluco fans I feel are really enjoying it as much as they are because they're familiar with works like KLK, Inferno Cop, etc. If you're not all that familiar with any of those shows I don't see somebody enjoying Luluco all that much, as most of its humor (from what I've seen of it) comes from the way it parodies and references those works.

Cornbread78

True Tears 02
Confirmed to be childhood friend then.
And Shinichiro is now a chicken.
Hm... Should I be worried? Written by Okada... :p

Yes, there are chickens in the show.....

It can get a little crazy at times.... Just truck through it since there is a diffinitive ending.

True Tears 03

NujUdgR.jpg

Are Shinichiro and
Hiromi half-siblings or something?
Hm... Or maybe I've just watched too much anime :p

And I guess Aiko likes Shinichiro as well, and Hiromi likes Noe's brother. Everything's connected!

Cornbread78

True Tears 03
Are Shinichiro and

And I guess Aiko likes Shinichiro as well, and Hiromi likes Noe's brother. Everything's connected!

It's definitely not that kind of anime,
Or is it?
lol. Keep watching...

pbayne

Clannad 12

Whats this? Kyou and Kotomi putting the smoves on Tomoya. Get back you harpies lol. I guess Kotomi is
the dreaded childhood friend.
Man there was one cut were Kyou leaped into the foreground, the perspective shift scared the hell out of me. Last few episodes have been a bit uneventful but still pretty funny and enjoyable to watch.

Samurai Flamenco 8-End

Well I binged the hell out of this and it was worth every moment, builds to infinity and beyond while also managing to deliver well written characters with reasonable back stories. Definitely one of my all time favourites even if I am a teensy bit disappointed they didn't just officially confirm
Hazama and Goto
as a couple. Not cool with Konna
suffering no consequences and seemingly unapologetic for luring Mari it doesn't seem reasonable given her established behaviour, he would have at least had his bell rung.

Are Shinichiro and

This is why I was gripped by fear in Ep 19 that Goto's girlfriend might be
a minor via an arranged marriage or some other hacknied crap

pbayne

Samurai Flamenco 8-End

Well I binged the hell out of this and it was worth every moment, builds to infinity and beyond while also managing to deliver well written characters with reasonable back stories. Definitely one of my all time favourites even if I am a teensy bit disappointed they didn't just officially confirm
Hazama and Goto
as a couple. Not cool with Konna
suffering no consequences and seemingly unapologetic for luring Mari it doesn't seem reasonable given her established behaviour, he would have at least had his bell rung.

SamFlam spoilers kinda
A sequel manga shows them living together and a mobile game basically showed their wedding, so its kind of quasi-official. Take that with a pinch of slat though.
I mean by the end of the series i just assumed they became a couple.

Ashby

Hey I was hoping you guys might have an answer to this because some Googling did not help: Is the third episode of Gundam The Origin on the official Youtube channel the whole episode or some sort of 13 minute extended preview? It's very confusing.

SamFlam spoilers kinda
A sequel manga shows them living together and a mobile game basically showed their wedding, so its kind of quasi-official. Take that with a pinch of slat though.
I mean by the end of the series i just assumed they became a couple.

I'll take it, I made the same assumption as you that was what was being hinted but it's nice to see that they were willing to follow their relationship to the logical conclusion even if it's in other media.

phaze

Yes, there are feelings..

Feelings of dread since he realized he's a Kamina clone and his time to shine arrives in episode 8.

Can we skip Summer and go straight to Autumn?

Wow, disrespecting the undoubted AOTY that is Orange like that.

Gundam Origin 01

So I take it those two grow up to be a Relena/Zechs clones.
Despite subjecting myself to a variety of Gundams this was actually the first time I've seen the actual Char in blood flesh.

The kid is going to became Char right ?

Coffee addiction must be a common problem in the colonies cause 80% of these characters act hyperactive as fuck.

--------
Washi updated his blog a few days ago and since its always both an enlightening and a rare occurrence I dare say it warrants a mention here:

This time its about the director of everyone's favorite show (SAO) and everyone's favorite time travel story (Erased).

So I thought about playing Steins Gate on my Vita instead of watching the anime.

But screw it I'm going to watch the anime first then play the game. Plus I haven't even bought the game yet.

Summer doesn't look particularly strong for me.

Mob Psycho 100
Soma S2
Berserk (lol)
Danganronpa 3
Love Live Sunshine

Only really expecting a whole lot from MP100 and Soma is a known quantity but I really hope (heh) Danganronpa 3 will be good. My expectations for Berserk are rock bottom. At least Diamond is Unbreakable will continue.

Cornbread78

Cornbread's Summer Watch List:

Hell Yeah:
Rewrite
Planetarian
Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
Tales of Zestiria the X
Orange
D.Gray-man Hallow
ReLIFE
Handa-kun

Intrigued:
Hatsukoi Monster
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
Battery
Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin
Taboo Tattoo
Masou Gakuen HxH (Trash to replace Hundred)
RS Keikaku: Rebirth Storage
91 Days

Well, Umm, don't look at me! Baka!:
Ange Vierge
Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
Qualidea Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom