• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

So Narag, ready to admit I was right? I hate to say it, but I don't think I ever read Aikawa wrong. :(

I never said you were wrong and it's funny how last ep Jiro's dad said what I was saying and Satomi was saying what you were.

Also who's the glasses girl at the end? I don't remember her.
The Dreamer?!?!

Kagewani II 11

"I can use these scars on my body and the rage of those devoured by the Kagewani and infuse the blood of my clan into my sword while an anime OP plays to -"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what is this fuckin naruto

duckroll

There's a new PV out for Thunderbolt Fantasy too. It looks great https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_5IjA8NvWiQ

Loosk pretty fucking awesome. Too bad about Sawano...

ie

Japan didn't pay attention to Matt and Trey over how much of pain it is to make anything long running with puppets.

And these puppets don't look funny, they have the equivalent of uncanny Valley for Anime

Wut. Puppet shows are awesome. What's your problem? What uncanny valley is there? It's obvious they're puppets, they're not pretending to be live action or anything. The appeal is in the puppet design, costumes, weapons, etc.

I said the equivalent of uncanny Valley to Anime as a joke, as in my brain was trying to process these ridiculous outfits, character designs as hair styles as Anime but couldn't put 2 and 2 together that these were actual physical puppets instead of CG/drawn lol.

And sure I like puppets, but if it takes itself too seriously ill probably laugh because I guess I haven't seen enough serious puppet shit to be able to disassociate it with comedy. But I'm willing to give it a try.

Narag

And sure I like puppets, but if it takes itself too seriously ill probably laugh because I guess I haven't seen enough serious puppet shit to be able to disassociate it with comedy. But I'm willing to give it a try.

Not to pick on you here but this is basically the animation problem in the US.

Not to pick on you here but this is basically the animation problem in the US.
It's exactly it, the difference is that I have watched enough serious cartoons, even action ones aimed for kids with minimal comedy here in cartoon network and eventually Anime to be able to enjoy a serious piece of work.

All I've seen of puppets are that thunderbirds show as a kid, a bunch of weird shit in the art channel we got when I was a kid in colombia of singing puppets doing Russian musicals which I found hilarious, and team America. And I guess that scene in being John Malkovich which was more disturbing than funny.

So it's not like I've had the same chance.

Plus puppets scare me.

Dogs scare me. What if I treated you the same way?!
You laugh at dogs nervously because you think you'll wake up one night with a dog staring at you nervously and like all of a sudden being able to smile as they crawl towards you and little British children voices sing ring around the roseys and the dogs laugh while they promise they'll take you to a place you'll always be able to play together which at first sounds like it's a good sentiment but later realize in context it's likely going to be like a spooky ass dog house in like hell that's a metaphor for lost childhood?

Because if so that's how you'd do it.

Narag

aight gong to see warcraft then checking out voltron when i get home. I don't know which seiyuus you guys pray to but say one for me tonight

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 11:

Nice touch in the opening credits, I rather liked that. I will be honest, I wasn't expecting this to be that mired in deep thoughts or introspection but that too was an appreciative turn. I forsee this being the first short program in my Top 10 AOTY list.

Cornbread78

Engaged to the Unidentified ep.1-5
vgTggBz.gif

I have no idea why I just binged through 5 episodes, when I'm watching so many other things at the moment.... Oh well, some decent comedy and the Mahiro x Benio stuff is pretty funny, it's more of a comedic SoL than a romcom, but I'll take it because it actually has a really good tone to it. I'm not sure if I'm feeling that reveal though, I knew something was up,. but not there... I'll have to watch more to get the full story on that..We'll see, but this is pretty good so far.

Line_HTX

aight gong to see warcraft then checking out voltron when i get home. I don't know which seiyuus you guys pray to but say one for me tonight

I pray to Risa Taneda and Yuki Kaji for you.

I hope Warcraft becomes the Trent Truck of films for you, can't say anything negative about Voltron since I want that to be good....

Well, they did say that they're already expecting super low attendance and banking everything on how much they can get from theaters in China.

REDDO HOTTO SHILLI PEPPAZU 11

CkmpxiUUoAAmz32.jpg

electric freeza

Decent episode, comparatively. Weakest episode thus far. I think there were some issues, mostly in the manga-ish way where its weird that it takes Josuke, Koichi and Jotaro 10 minutes to walk 100 feet. Stuff like that is hard to animate.

I guess Jotaro doesn't use time stop cuz he's a lazy asshole.

blurr

Idolm@ster CG S2 04

Ah yes, takes too long. Everyone wants to see their dreams/desires come true before they die, sometimes even at the cost of messing with someone else's dreams/desires ^__^

This episode focused on portraying individuality/style within the conforms of a different or maybe even opposing environment. Mika and Rika learn that they can still be themselves despite what they wear or appear which spinned something unique but also gave a sense of gratification. Their individuality survived despite the circumstances so it's not all black and white as implied in the previous episodes.

Again, I'm liking how the show is going right now, how did get so good!

Thinking about it I'm somewhat disappointed with this jojo episode. Not gonna let it get to me though, its one episode out of 39 and its been a really consistent series. Hopefully the next one with the real fight will improve. Maybe others with expectations not as high as I will find it better.
Jotaro not using time stop made more sense in the manga. I think it had to do with the spacing. In the manga Okuyasu jumps over to RCHP in one swipe of The Hand and Okuyasu beats him pretty fast. Jotaro is out of range, stopping time for Okuyasu wouldnt do anything. In the anime it took longer and it the other three were always slowly moving to the fight. Just one of those adaptation things.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable: Episode 10:

Ah, I see we finally found the plot and indeed the urgency which has been lacking as of late.

Wanderer5

Space Patrol Luluco #11

Lol dat opening, and even having luluco's name grayed out. Good interaction with Inferno Cop.:D

I wonder what ep 13 is going to be labeled as? Maybe season 4 will have 4 episodes, or that it the epilogue.

Qurupeke

Space Patrol Luluco Season 4 Episode 2

Actually, this was a bit weird, I didn't expect Inferno Cop on that role. At least a miracle of justice happened and the show continued.

And better opening than Erased.

duckroll

Breaking Bad - Season Two

Worse bait-and-switch tease->reveal at the end of the season than Eureka Seven AO.

Okay maybe not but it's close.

phaze

Kabaneri 10

Don't know what's edgier in this.

The sword. Or the grimdark episode. Mumei for worst character and dumbass of the century, Helen Keller saw this shit coming. They've seriously taken her character from badass to "I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR MY ONII-SAMA" levels of anime sister obsession.

It's character development m'kay. Top tier writing.

Soma had good ratings it just didn't sell BD like gangbusters.

That seems like a hefty understatement from what I remember from the numbers.

Yeah, so she's French i guess.
Maybe that's why French lose so quick, spend time to create some Mahou Shoujo, not improve their tactics.

Supremely triggered.

Kagewani II 11

"I can use these scars on my body and the rage of those devoured by the Kagewani and infuse the blood of my clan into my sword while an anime OP plays to -"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what is this fuckin naruto

The first season had OP playing where someone threw himself at a giant ass monster, a comically evil organisation conducting research on mysterious monsters that predictably went wrong and
a mc that fused with the titular monster.
What in the name of Naruto were you expecting in the second season ? :p

Summer will be cleanup at last. I'll even finish Shigurui for phaze.
1449002080759sdake9.jpg

Good things happen to those who wait !

The first season had OP playing where someone threw himself at a giant ass monster, a comically evil organisation conducting research on mysterious monsters that predictably went wrong and
a mc that fused with the titular monster.
What in the name of Naruto were you expecting in the second season ? :p

For it to not turn into a show about fukkin badasses fighting shadow monsters and keep being normal people hiding in supermarkets from cryptids

It worked in what is probably the most popular zombie media as of late, the Walking Dead.

When? Cuz it didn't work in Telltales WD S1, and I don't think it worked in the comic either. I stopped watching the TV show after season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom