• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
spoilers: e3 sucks this year

like every other

your favorite game will be bland and uninspired, a modern day emperor bereft of clothing, inexplicably held up by a rabid fanbase as somehow superior to every other artpiece ever concieved

the only interesting concepts shown will be ruthlessly hacked apart by an apathetic board at the head of a money grubbing publisher, brought down to a wavering shadow of their initial promise, and ultimately never released

people will offer their firstborns to sony/ms/etc in exchange for soulless games with bland art-styles (but lots of polygons [but still no texture filtering, fuck you sony]) and declare that THIS year, the conference was the BEST ONE ever, as they did last year, and the year before that, and will continue to declare for eternity

yet another fucking god of war game will be announced

a general feeling of dissatisfaction will slowly settle down as the euphoria fades, and all that remains are empty hearts let down by the lack of anything new under the sun, while outwardly people pretend to be happy with fifteen new gorey shooters all starring white male protagonists

and the vague promise that somehow next year, there will be something actually worth getting excited for

Jintor

why don't you all just pretend i'm stockpiling the element of surprise and I need every opportunity to be surprised I can get

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
gaf masturbating about how hyped they are for the next citizen kane of video games is literally the worst

especially because everything they get hyped for is bland and soulless af

or just trash

Aki-at

I'm surprised we didn't hear anything about Nioh or The Evil Within 2.

Actually severe lack of Japanese games at this year's E3. All the more reason TGS2016 is going to be fantastic. And by that i mean better than E3 this year.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'm surprised we didn't hear anything about Nioh or The Evil Within 2.

Actually severe lack of Japanese games at this year's E3. All the more reason TGS2016 is going to be fantastic. And by that i mean marginally better than E3 this year.

you mean it's going to suck, but at least we'll see persona 5 and one new jrpg that isn't quite as bad as the rest

Aki-at

you mean it's going to suck, but at least we'll see persona 5 and one new jrpg that isn't quite as bad as the rest

We'll see an awesome game or two by Sega but they'll never localise it, then an awesome or two game by Square but they'll forget to promote it or budget it adequately leading to a by the number sequel that kills the series.

And while we're at it Capcom will probably change DMC to a be like the Last of Us lite and call it a day because Western gamers like only Western games.

Joe Molotov

what is a mofu?

2DvUUk5.jpg

Kieli

You guys know if the Got Anime membership stacks with the Viz sale at Right Stuf?

It did when I last bought there (e.g. 33% off + an additional 7% with membership).

Thoraxes

You guys know if the Got Anime membership stacks with the Viz sale at Right Stuf?

It did when I last bought there (e.g. 33% off + an additional 7% with membership).

Usually does, as along as the product originally supported the Got Anime discount. Sometimes publishers will sell special bundles or extra-super-cheap versions of items to put on sale (which will have their own temp SKU, aka a second listing of the same thing) that are excluded as well.

Mushishi Zoku Sho 8

This episode had a boatload of mushi in it, considering it had heavy involvement from two different swarms of them. No wonder it needed a bunch of animation directors to keep everything together. The episode did feel a little disjointed in spots - my pet peeve of excessive fades to black shows up - but there were some really amazing moments of mysterious animation.

jiro's gonna power ultimapolis with his blood

and they will take to the stars

and the dreamer will wake up

it'll be like the st. elsewhere ending

The thing about ConRevo is, I could see that happening. I have no idea how this show is gonna end. It could go completely mad in the last episode.

Regardless of where it goes, it has led to some fantastic fanart.

T-Rex.

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders - that Kakyoin episode

Oh. My. God. The faces in this episode were incredible, you could pretty much stop it at any moment and Fakeyoin's face would be a work of art. Troll characters are great, and the trolling in this episode was just masterful. I've not seen anything quite like it before.

Animeeeee-GAF SENPAI. rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero

I'm sorry, but that was gold :lol

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Bakuon 11
three skit, all of them was bizarrely funny. Didn't know a racing bicycle could cost that much. A million yen! And then there's a sight of Onsa trying to lick a Suzuki bike and bunch of JK playing sumo...

duckroll

The thing about ConRevo is, I could see that happening. I have no idea how this show is gonna end. It could go completely mad in the last episode.

Regardless of where it goes, it has led to some fantastic fanart.

Going into space is the obvious ending. The separation between humans and the "others" has grown too large for them to coexist peacefully on the same planet. There is now a territory that has the means of mobility (Ultimapolis), and it requires a power source which the story has been establishing for a long time now (Jiro). When this artificial colony takes all superhumans into space powered by Jiro himself, they will establish an independent state which remains in conflict with humanity, as Earth dwellers fear the superior spacenoids.

Thus it will fulfill homages to both Space Battleship Yamato and Mobile Suit Gundam.

phaze

Sauce
An omnibus movie project based on the Force of Will trading card game was announced on Monday at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in France. The project titled Force of Will the Movie will be composed of six 15-minute shorts to be released in 2018.

It's a CG fest I think ?

Titles and staff for the shorts:

Cthulthu
- a Cthulu mythology-based short
Director: Shuuhei Morita (Tokyo Ghoul)
Character Design: Tatsuyuki Tanaka (Buki yo Saraba)
Producer: Shigetaka Mochizuki
Assistant Producer: Maiko Aida
Studio: Yamato Works

Monkey King - Journey to the West-inspired short
Director: Yuuichirou Hayashi (Garo: Honoo no Kokuin)
CG Director: Makoto Kanemoto (Garo: Honoo no Kokuin)
Character Design: Hidetaka Tenjin (Mechanical Art, Macross F)
Studio: TWR Entertainment

Zombie
Director: Shinya Sugai (CG Director, Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis)
Character Design: Hidekazu Shimamura (Hachimitsu to Clover)
Mechanical Design: Takayuki Yanase (Comet Lucifer)
Studio: Sublimation

Pinocchio
Director: Kouta Morie (CG Animation, Koi☆Sento)

Raam: The Bridge to Lanka

Director: Veerapatra Jinanavin
Script: Sornperes Subsermsri
Character Design: Chakrit Nonkome
Producer: Panida Dheva-aksorn, Takeshi Hirata, Shuuhei Kumamoto
Assistant Producer: Juthathip Niramonpisan, Yuka Matsushita
Studio: RiFF Studio

Dragon

Director, Character Design: Makiko Suzuki (Key Animation, Karigurashi no Arrietty)
Studio: GranSky Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom