• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy

Banned
Since the first episodes have aired for most (all?) of the shows so far this season what has caught everyone's interests? I've only watched Mayoiga and I'm wondering what else is worth watching.

Narag

Danball Senki 4
sPpkYaRl.png
Kids getting brainwashed by evil organizations, black markets for these plastic models, and one going friggin' berserk and murdering another. This is heaven.

Mayoiga 2

Oh man, this is going to be a fun show.
Pretty much expected that some characters would start exhibiting rape-like tendencies at some point, but I didn't think it would be so soon. Either way, Yottsun is pretty much confirmed first death now.

I hope Jigoku and Nyanta get some good moments.

jgminto

Mayoiga 2
Almost everyone in this group is awful and I'm looking forward to seeing them destroy each other. Nanko and Jack are the two I have some interest in but that's mostly because they're cute.
Mayoiga 02

I feel let down because this episode wasn't as dumb as the first one.

Maybe I've been playing too much Zero Escape and Danganronpa lately but this feels like one of those setups. Although having 30 characters for that would be a clusterfuck
It definitely has the feel of a murder game.

Mayoiga 02
This wasn't as funny or amusing as the first episode. It felt very much like set-up, hopefully some crazy and/or dumb things start happening soon.

kewlmyc

Mayoiga/The Lost Village 02

Wow, that didn't take long for the rapey vibes to show up. Wasn't expecting that for at least another 3 episodes. Yottsun is going to be the first one to disappear I bet. Fun mystery show so far. Giving me more Higurashi vibes than Another now. Only difference is that none of the characters are likable yet.

Also lol at trying to push a bus up a cliff.

Quasar

Shounen Maid 1 - Eh. Not horrible, but in a busy season it would probably be cut even though I have some kind of thing for maid stories. Wonder if the kid will be returning to school. Just wonder how many jokes they can get out of the uncle being a slob and a costumer. Forcing the kid into weird costumes can only amuse so much.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Wasn't expecting Joker Game to be so good. It really has an awesome noir-ish vibe to it. Bunch of really good shows so far this season.

Cornbread78

Lol, the Mayoiga OT is the least used of any of them so far. Oh we'll see if it changes. Looking forward to the ReWrite OT in the summer.

Mailbox

Swagamoto episode 1

I found that quite enjoyable actually. Reminded me of Daily lives of Highschool Boys but with a more central character focus.

If you told me this wasn't deen, I'd believe you. Props to them because this is great artistically.

I just don't see how they can keep this up for 12 full length episodes though. We'll see.

Wanderer5

Mayoiga #2

Meh I would be more interested in this, but my care level for like any of the characters are very low. I probably give it one more episode, before I call it for now.

Now for another round with Ace Attorney, which I will likely drop, and hope Kiznaiver will have a good start later today.

Is the Working/Wagnaria anime a full adaptation of the manga? I don't really want to look up to much specific stuff myself so I don't spoil anything (even though it might not even be a show getting worked up over spoilers about lol).

jman2050

Is the Working/Wagnaria anime a full adaptation of the manga? I don't really want to look up to much specific stuff myself so I don't spoil anything (even though it might not even be a show getting worked up over spoilers about lol).

Yes, the anime covers the entire manga.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sakamoto 01
For as much as the show tries to push just how "cool" it and its main character are, nearly everything here just wound up being pathetically predictable, long-winded, and ultimately repetitive. Utterly hideous and lacking any sort of style, this blunt and unrefined presentation is a perfect match for the single note scenarios that struggle desperately to find a creative beat. Sakamoto winds up being almost pitiably lame, lacking any sort of coherence or vision to even make a respectable attempt to form something that makes sense for the full length episode format. This is by far the worst thing I've seen this year. Please remove it from the opening post.

Mailbox

Yep, the third season wrapped everything up nicely. Have fun!

Exalted

Sakamoto Ep 1

Meh , didn't find it funny at all. Might just not be my style of humor , but this was the least funny comedy i watched this season. Don't think i could watch an entire season of those punks trying pranks and failing. Also the MC is kinda ugly, well more dorky, but it kinda bothered me, since everybody was talking how good looking he is, and i just couldn't see it. That hair style , and glasses really didn't help.

Sakamoto 1
Heh, its okay. It pretty much copied the pacing of the manga chapters, which I don't think worked too well.

But to those of you having doubts, you haven't seen anything yet.

BluWacky

Sakamoto 01:
This would've worked better in 12 minute format, honestly.

It already IS in 12 minute format, though. It's not like there's any attempt to join the two halves of the episode together; there's only the slightest of continuity between the little short about the bird and the second episode.

Would stopping watching at the advert break and then coming back to the show some other time improve it?

Theonik

Endride 1

I don't think Kouhei Tanaka's music is enough to keep my interest in this.
Your resolve is weak!

Did I say I was going to watch Princess Nine? lol

rip Utena
Still waiting for you to finish Utena btw.
The Firestarter has gone like a kickstarter usually does.

btw how're you doing?
I am actually making really good progress on my list but I forgot to ever give it to you lol

Jintor

Yanks: are all matching band performances this sick? Cos damn, that was siiiiick.

Then they tried to make 200 students play the eupho OP and it only half worked. Lol.

Qurupeke

Sakamoto 1

Pretty enjoyable. It delivers what I expected, but unfortunately it doesn't do much else. I hoped that they'd try to make it cooler/more stylish with many different ways, but it seems they're only adding sparkles and some bright lights so far. It's still the first episode though, so maybe they'll get more creative later.

Also, the 22 minutes format seemed fine to me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Akito the Exiled END

This shit was legit bad. The only thing that was worth noting was the fact that Leila is a neat character voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. the end.

duckroll

Akito the Exiled END

This shit was legit bad. The only thing that was worth noting was the fact that Leila is a neat character voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. the end.

Tune in for my fifty page review tomorrow if I don't blow up the new PC I'm building when I get home!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tune in for my fifty page review tomorrow if I don't blow up the new PC I'm building when I get home!

Why would you do that? Honestly, I had a lot of hope for the OVA series but after episode 3 it just got way too shitty. This last episode was the height of it. It felt completely pointless. Maybe that's inevitable... I thought it was going to follow the Stargazer route but nah. They just said, "let's give everyone happy endings. also you got your leilaxakito ship." BLEGH.

Also, it's hard to mess up building a PC. Hope it goes well!

Kabaneri 1

Well, that was fucking fantastic.

I have no idea how long they can keep up this animation quality but until it dips I'm down. MC isn't a little annoying piece of shit either so thats also a plus.

The character designs are so detailed and lovely.

JCG

I'll probably only agree with somewhere around 50 percent of your criticisms, but that should be interesting to read (and reply to!).

Why would you do that? Honestly, I had a lot of hope for the OVA series but after episode 3 it just got way too shitty. This last episode was the height of it. It felt completely pointless. Maybe that's inevitable... I thought it was going to follow the Stargazer route but nah. They just said, "let's give everyone happy endings. also you got your leilaxakito ship." BLEGH.

Frankly, there are various legitimate issues with the final Akito the Exiled chapter...but I'd say it was more rushed and compressed than pointless. I also didn't think OVAs 3 or 4 were particularly problematic as a whole. Nor do I share your reaction against happy endings per se. Sure, the writing could have done more to make it feel earned (for instance, certain extra people could have died to make the tone less sappy), but I thought it was within regular anime standards all the same. Which, admittedly, isn't saying much.

Qurupeke

Mayoiga 2

I was sure the driver would be dead by now. And I actually expected them to keep the bus more. Like 25/30 characters are getting on my nerves. Anyway, I can't see the rapper guy living much longer.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Diamond is unbreakable 2
Love the OP and ED.
That was good. Jotaro transition from phone to taxi was fucking great. I love how David Pro put a lot of hint and foreshadowing for future episode that's not even exist in the manga.

Space Patrol Luluco 2

Everything is so fast and hyper. I enjoy it.

Netoge 1

Eh, I'm probably not going to stick unless Ako dial up her yandere to 11

Ascheroth

Mayoiga - 02

Haha, that god damn chuuni eyepatch dude. And Nanta bringing on them cat puns.
I dislike pretty much everyone, seeing them all die will be glorious.

Sakamato - 01

Watched the first half. It's alright, but it doesn't really add much value over the manga. Don't think I'll stick around, I'm already watching way too much.

Qurupeke

Ace Attorney 2

Significantly better than the first episode, but still not very impressive. However, I liked the final scene with Maya a lot. That head bump on the glass was great. I really hope there are more neat details like this.

HxH fans! So im nearing the end of the Heavens Arena arc in the 1999 series, currently on episode 44 should I continue finishing this series or should I move on to the 2011 series now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom