• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

IGR6Wga.gif

Nice. You never don't have an SAO gif ready and waiting.

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge - 01

Enjoyed this a lot. Comfy, laid back with pleasant art, fitting soundtrack, and funnier than I expected with some nice comic timing to both visuals and sound.
I'll probably savor this shows episodes for Mondays post work, to try and replicate my Non Non Biyori experience by harnessing the power of cozy on days needed.

Clov

Tanaka-kun was really cute! Such a relaxing show, and the characters seem really fun so far. Can't wait to see more.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kiznaiver Episode 1:

I am not sure what to make of this yet other then its premise intrigues me and I do like the idea of these people being forced to share the pain, but I don't think the series really understands what pain is about, as in it is an evolutionary warning system.

brawly

Sakamoto 1

That was alright. I'm usually not big on these sketch-anime but so far I like it. Don't really get the length complaint. It's basically like you get two 10 minute episodes each week. Loved the music and both the OP and ED are fantastic. Might read chapter 3 of the manga ahead of time to compare.

Aki-at

My favorite batman stories are the ones where they write the World's Greatest Detective to be a fucking idiot.

It bothers me just how much the story falls apart towards the end, I mean I was genuinely surprised
they killed off Oracle, I even went detective mode to make sure it wasn't an illusion and confirmed she was dead. Then they just roll her back out an explain it as a case of fear gas (Should be noted ALL of Batman's delusions in the game have no skeletons with the exception of Oracle!)

If Arkham Knight was an anime, it'd be Erased this season :<

I feel like we are only a few steps away from an anime with real naval warfare! And a world where not everything turns into a silly mech!

Endride Episode 2

Two male leads always arguing yet working together and perfect as friends? The anime staff is truly doing wonders in making this appeal to me for what I love in anime. This is a perfect fantasy anime this season. I also love the underEarth type of setting and the explanation for how they get night and day down there. Emilio and Shun best friends.

Jarmel

Banned
High School Fleet-1

Absolutely fucking terrible. Somehow they made an even more boring version of Kancolle. Almost nothing about this world makes a lick of sense. On top of that, the pacing was slow as molasses to the point where I was waiting for most of the episode for something to happen. There's also these weird tone shifts inside serious moments that make me groan as they completely undercut any sort of tension. Why is it so fucking hard to not have people in high school despite it making zero sense in that context?

It's not even that good of a show to look at despite some high level animators working on it due to how boring the art direction is.

Narag

Flying Witch 1

Really pleasant and relaxing, the kind of thing that'd be great to watch before bed. Definitely he kind of thing Mr Jeff would enjoy if he was still able to watch anime. F

Flying Witch 01

An alright first episode. I don't really have much to say on it, much like Kiznaiver I didn't really lean one way or another on this. I liked the Mandrake part though.

Flying Witch - 1

CfoEapBUAAAy8T2.jpg:large

It's a Gyroid.

This was nice. I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to.

That part with the mandrake was horrifying though, lol. Can you imagine Gyroids screeching like that every time you dig them out of the ground in Animal Crossing?

It's kind of crazy that Zipang aka the Japanese The Final Countdown is over 43 volumes long.
Makes me wonder what kind of stuff they did in the past.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Flying Witch Episode 1:

Well then, I was in severe danger in falling asleep at various points due to the sheer boredom of nothing happening then I must have found THE Slice of Life program of the season.

pbayne

Kuromukuro 1

Eh it was just fine nothing to really hang your hat on though. I completely zoned out during the bland introductions at the beginning and picked back up when some action happened. Id watch the show if it was actually about that samurai guy fighting mechs hand to hand.

Qurupeke

Flying Witch 1
Sweet anime. Calming and I'm enjoying the premise of an "airhead" witch. While it's not comedy, at least primarily, I laughed at the mandrake scene and Makoto's eagerness. I was confused with how accepted magic seemed to that world, but it turned out that Makoto is just not tight lipped. lol

Clov

Lots of positive impressions of Flying Witch! I should check that one out later.

Mixed reception of Haifuri though. The PV made it just look like a relaxing SoL anime, but some people are saying it gets dark? If I enjoy SoL anime, will I enjoy it?

Endride Episode 2

"Guys, we're being hunted by the king! We need to hide!

I know, let's go hide at with the guy who raised me! They'll never expect that!"

Ascheroth

Endride - 02

Not exactly sure what it is, but I'm enjoying this quite a bit. This underground world is pretty interesting and has the just the right fantasy feel to it.
OP and ED are still terrible though.

Gintama 188C

I was glad to have an excuse to rewatch this. It's one of the best episodes of Gintama - a stand-alone story with only one recurring character that perfectly encapsulates the pleasant mixture of hilarity and heartwarming the show can achieve. The fake movie credits at the end, and the teacher's 4th-wall-breaking awareness of them, make an excellent capstone.

Should have bailed on the Lost Village last week as I had planned but nope my suffering will continue. Hopefully there is some death next week.

phaze

theres no love in that sadism, its just brutality.

Did she do the tazering?

T-there doesn't have to be ? I think ? I'm no expert.

Sadism -noun
Psychiatry. the condition in which sexual gratification depends on causing pain or degradation to others.
Compare masochism.
any enjoyment in being cruel.
extreme cruelty.

And yes, she did.
Flying Witch Episode 1:

Well then, I was in severe danger in falling asleep at various points due to the sheer boredom of nothing happening then I must have found THE Slice of Life program of the season.

Savage. I usually struggle with SoLs so I get where you're coming from. :p

---

RIP Jarmel.

Link Man

Banned
Lots of positive impressions of Flying Witch! I should check that one out later.

Mixed reception of Haifuri though. The PV made it just look like a relaxing SoL anime, but some people are saying it gets dark? If I enjoy SoL anime, will I enjoy it?
Think Bodacious Space Pirates.

T-there doesn't have to be ? I think ? I'm no expert.

Sadism -noun
Psychiatry. the condition in which sexual gratification depends on causing pain or degradation to others.
Compare masochism.
any enjoyment in being cruel.
extreme cruelty.

There has to be a carrot with the stick!

Please describe in detail how dumb it is. I want to be amused (but not enough as to watch it for myself).

There is a guy named Hyouketsu no Judgness.

John Blade

Just finish watching Gunslinger Girl and will say if they is one word to explain this entire show it will be depression. A sad hopeless situation those girls have to be in and at the same time see how they handle it and try to cling what kind of childhood memory they can of they own innocence. Man...will need to watch the last few episode of GTO to clear my mind from this show and make an impression about it later.

pbayne

Flying Witch 1

Aw get in. Really into this already. Like how simple but realistic and distinct the character designs are. And love the rustic, earthy feel and color palette the show has. So warm and comfy.

Lol that deku scrub scene. It lingered on it just long enough to go from wtf, to a bit creepy, to genuinely funny.

kewlmyc

Ace Attorney 02

Not sure where all of the hate is going for this. So far it's been a solid, faithful adaption. Could use better animation, but all they did so far was animate the investigation, which doesn't demand good animation honestly. At least they're bothering with the investigation, which is more than I can say for other anime adaptions of court style handheld games *cough*Danganronpa*cough*. Looking forward to more.

Sakamoto 01

I laughed a few times at the ridiculousness of these situations, but I'm not seeing how this won't get old eventually considering it's just the same gags of classmate reacting to Sakamoto being cool over and over again. Maybe the manga changes over time into something else, who knows.

Also, it shouldn't bother me, but having the intro show "I'm Sakamoto, you know?" in English just for the title to be translated to "Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto" kinda annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom