• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

I'm not saying there wasn't some brutal "tough love" in there, but Yukino is on the right side of good and really makes up for it in the end. However, we are still missing a bunch of information on her family situation to fully explain her disposition.

Maybe I need to rewatch it again :/
I really didn't like the first season so....

Idk... I really wanna look into this more.

Well, that's like the anime version of an intervention since he won't stop doing what he does.

it never reminded me of an intervention. It reminded me more of when people are tired of someones shit and just end up not interacting with them and shutting them out rather than ending a friendship which in turn just hurts everyone involved.

Considering they are highschoolers, its understandable, I guess.

Russ T

Banned
Today I learned Spielberg is doing ready player one.

Sword art online to win the oscars lmao

Everything I've heard about that book sounds like it's complete and utter trash, so the SAO comparison seems apt.

Here's hoping it wins everything so we have an excuse to burn it all and start over.

Narag

Hundred 2
kuuKcBVl.jpg
L5w6jnEl.jpg
jXxsmyLl.png

The genius of Hundred is evident here as it takes this genre trope and rather attempt to invert or subvert it, instead it embraces it with Emile taking the role of the comedic partner and Hayato that of the straight man (doubling as an examination of his relationship with Emile.) It's as if it's part of some larger routine we only get a snippet of, something like "Who's on first?" except it won't be Hayato since he's already on second.

There's unappreciated layers to this show.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sansha Sanyou 01
I think this was the last new show I watched this season, but it was the first to remind me that animators can actually care about general character movement when it comes to animation. Seems really unfocused though. Will probably watch more just because I'm the main character.

zulux21

so this pied piper news (people doing the skip beat kickstarter)

rumor is that Kaiji is one of the shows she is looking into to do next, but she confirmed she is aiming for genre busting shows and maybe sports shows for future releases.

she has potentially 3-4 more shows lined up and ideally will be able to get semi regular releases going (perhaps a few a year)

one of those shows is not Hyouka, but during the reddit AMA she has confirmed that she is going to look into what would need to be done to get rights to release Hyouka.

edit: she actually just gave more details about what might be to come in the near future
There's 1 project for this summer with Directions (the producer for Time of EVE). It's related to dir. Yoshiura or Time of EVE.

And there's a feature animated film that I love, and I've confirmed that the rights are available. I will put together an offer on that title in the next few months.

And... there's another older animated feature that I already put an offer on, but no reply yet.

she is also confirming they are going to try to get international rights when they can and that the next project should be an international project.

Hundred 2

The genius of Hundred is evident here as it takes this genre trope and rather attempt to invert or subvert it, instead it embraces it with Emile taking the role of the comedic partner and Hayato that of the straight man (doubling as an examination of his relationship with Emile.) It's as if it's part of some larger routine we only get a snippet of, something like "Who's on first?" except it won't be Hayato since he's already on second.

There's unappreciated layers to this show.
The one thing I don't like about Hundred is that it's almost too good.

My Hero Academia Episode 2

MHA is one of those series that wears its heart on its sleeve, at least so far.
Every scene has some concrete emotion behind it, whether it's supposed to tug a bit on the heartstrings or tickle the funny bone.

Normally this would irk me to be honest, but it sort of works here.
Well it does, unless this shithead is in the scene.

zulux21

My Hero Academia Episode 2

MHA is one of those series that wears its heart on its sleeve, at least so far.
Every scene has some concrete emotion behind it, whether it's supposed to tug a bit on the heartstrings or tickle the funny bone.

Normally this would irk me to be honest, but it sort of works here.
Well it does, unless this shithead is in the scene.

it's fun watching people react to MHA and hating the Tsundare character :p
it's nice to see people at least hate a generic tsundare character even if they have to be a male instead of female to happen :p

it gives me hope that one day everyone will see eye to eye with me and hate generic female tsundare characters as well.

Jintor

it's nice to see people at least hate a generic tsundare character even if they have to be a male instead of female to happen :p

it gives me hope that one day everyone will see eye to eye with me and hate generic female tsundare characters as well.

hmmm, i guess i would take 'go jump off a roof' less seriously from a traditional tsundere. well, maybe not in that bullying context.

SalvaPot

Wait, where is the dere on Bakugo?

I don't know if Baku qualifies as a tsundere type character. Usually when I think of a character like that, their behavior comes from a place of insecurity. Like Asuka from Evangelion.

Baku is just an asshole.

zulux21

Wait, where is the dere on Bakugo?

he already had the "you didn't help me baka, so I am not saying thanks." scene :p

I don't know if Baku qualifies as a tsundere type character. Usually when I think of a character like that, their behavior comes from a place of insecurity. Like Asuka from Evangelion.

Baku is just an asshole.

it's from a place of insecurity. He is doing it because he is insecure about the idea of anyone else being as special as he is.

beyond that 99% of tsundere are just assholes, hitting men because they are men, or hitting someone over something that is their fault ect. If you properly develop a tsundere character (such as taiga from toradora) they can be decent, but most are just empty shells of hate that should be locked up for abuse that eventually have a second personality come out that is trying to be cute.

he is a lot more focused on the Tsun right now, but if he was female he would no doubt be a tsundere character.

Jintor

Baku is just an asshole.

nah, he's pretty insecure lol. classic smokescreen.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sansha Sanyou 01
I think this was the last new show I watched this season, but it was the first to remind me that animators can actually care about general character movement when it comes to animation. Seems really unfocused though. Will probably watch more just because I'm the main character.
This show feels like a longer version of that 5 minute about where the rich girl wants to make friends.

Shergal

kiznaiver - don't understand why people are going all "Okada" at this when it's completely generic, derivative modern high school shonen. If you didn't know beforehand it would be impossible to tell that this was written by Okada, let alone conceived as an animation and not some standard Miracle Jump pap or whatever. Like there's barely an ounce of creativity to the setup and the beats.

Episode got carried by the production, so I hope Trigger can keep it up this time.

Mailbox

kiznaiver - don't understand why people are going all "Okada" at this when it's completely generic, derivative modern high school shonen. If you didn't know beforehand it would be impossible to tell that this was written by Okada, let alone conceived as an animation and not some standard Miracle Jump pap or whatever. Like there's barely an ounce of creativity to the setup and the beats.

Episode got carried by the production, so I hope Trigger can keep it up this time.

I don't think you understand the meaning of ANY one of those words...

Shergal

I don't think you understand the meaning of ANY one of those words...

Let's put it this way - from the first episode, Kiznaiver falls almost completely in line with products like Code:Breaker or Tokyo Ghoul. I didn't see anything there that I hadn't seen elsewhere in manga or anime similar to these.

Mailbox

Let's put it this way - from the first episode, Kiznaiver falls almost completely in line with products like Code:Breaker or Tokyo Ghoul. I didn't see anything there that I hadn't seen elsewhere in manga or anime similar to these.

Except that Kiznaiver is nothing like either one of those.... so... ?

Russ T

Banned
I haven't seen Code:Breaker, but Tokyo Ghoul doesn't apply at all to the bolded words in question. U:

(I also haven't seen Kiznaiver yet.)

I will give Hundred some credit.

It actually does have the boring generic MC lose the fight against titan tits.

Granted, it's mostly because he's not quite awesome enough to handle how awesome he's gonna be, but soon he's gonna be really awesome guys.

So hang on, because we're gonna have an MC who's is just...
awesome_to_the_max.gif

so this pied piper news (people doing the skip beat kickstarter)

rumor is that Kaiji is one of the shows she is looking into to do next, but she confirmed she is aiming for genre busting shows and maybe sports shows for future releases.

she has potentially 3-4 more shows lined up and ideally will be able to get semi regular releases going (perhaps a few a year)

one of those shows is not Hyouka, but during the reddit AMA she has confirmed that she is going to look into what would need to be done to get rights to release Hyouka.

edit: she actually just gave more details about what might be to come in the near future

she is also confirming they are going to try to get international rights when they can and that the next project should be an international project.

As awesome as more Kaiji would be, the series just isn't interesting anymore after what they've already adapted. Part 3 is Mahjong, part 4 doesn't even have Kaiji participating, and part 5 is poker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom