• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

given all the lists of anime, I am kind of surprised at how few people watched Re:zero it's not even showing up on this is garbage lists lol.

Tamako Love Story

T'was mediocre. 6/10 thanks to being quite pleasant on the eyes as you'd expect from a KyoAni movie production. I'm pretty damn sure I wouldn't like the TV series. Kanna was a trash LN character through and through and someone like her wouldn't be tolerable for me in the long run

Less direct talk about mochi would've been nice, too. So many unfitting, forced analogies with it :/

sonicmj1

LOST VILLAGE SPOILERS IN THE LINK

So a friend of mine from college sent me this. Apparently if you line up the posters you get the kill order for the characters lol. Don't have the balls to open, because well, possible spoilers. Don't want to check whether it is real or not. But those if you who don't care, feel free to take a peek.

Click at your own risk, last warning:

CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK, I WARNED YOU
The alternate explanation of this is that those posters are arranged in the opposite order they were released, showing more characters as they revealed more of the cast.

Cornbread78

Tamako Love Story

T'was mediocre. 6/10 thanks to being quite pleasant on the eyes as you'd expect from a KyoAni movie production. I'm pretty damn sure I wouldn't like the TV series. Kanna was a trash LN character through and through and someone like her wouldn't be tolerable for me in the long run

Less direct talk about mochi would've been nice, too. So many unfitting, forced analogies with it :/

Shit. I'm watching Tamako Market right now just so I can watch the movie, lol

Bungo Stray Dogs Episode 2 – Yokohama Gangster Paradise
Cf8VRSsUYAAgBxA.jpg

Best character appears
and it was a fantastic performance. Enjoyed this test

phaze

given all the lists of anime, I am kind of surprised at how few people watched Re:zero it's not even showing up on this is garbage lists lol.

It looks, reads and smells like garbage so until it gets a prolonged set of favourable impressions, I'm not touching it.

Congrats! You do not have to wait very long for the best fluffy, fuzzy haired best friend Kaoru, ufufufu~

Is the order of appearance of girls in the opening also the order of their arcs ? Cause the class rep is the last and the one I'd be a bit interested in. (Also the swimming club one)

Oh God I'm already falling down this dark well.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists - 02

Pretty good again, although the use of the bgm is kind of ...weird.

Bungo Stray Dogs - 02

Seems like I'm already updating my list~~
Didn't really feel the first episode all that much, but this was great. Some great comedy and tense moments. Atsushis 'act' was hilarious.

Clov

I'm three episodes into LOGH, and man this shit is deep. I'm probably still gonna try to get the Sentai releases whenever they come out because I feel like this is potentially better watched in English.

I hope you're not expecting Sentai to dub the series. Given how cheap they tend to be, it's very unlikely that something as old (and with such a high episode count) as LoGH would be given one.

Mailbox

He has to know from that towel scene and just want to protect her secret, right....RIGHT!

I wonder, if Hayato and Ichika were in close enough proximity to each other, which one would dominate in their gravitation?

Edit: thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I really appreciate it!

SalvaPot

That's the general opinion I guess.

I liked the TV series though :p

I really enjoyed the series and fell sleep during the movie, the movie really is not that interesting to me, while the series had this feel good attitude that kept me watching, it was very relaxing.

JulianImp

Because it's actually somewhat kinda decent-ish. Maybe. IMO.

It isn't a show that has wowed me so far, but I guess it could end up being interesting. Basically the same holds true for several other shows, so I guess I'll refrain from actually ranking them until I've watched at least three eps of any given series.

The only ones I'm not expecting much from from what I've seen so far are Ace Attorney (by-the-book adaptation with apparently low production values), Mayoiga (more bad horror for the sake of horror) and Kiznaiver (invoking all possible characterization tropes isn't a good premise, but it might be decent later on).

phaze

Bungou Stray Dogs 02
Still pretty decent/good. Very by the books so far and I doubt that will change but the quirky cast, character interactions, dialogue and humor make it much more enticing than I'd guessed judging by the premise.

My question to those who watched Bungou today:

Does it seem like it will be taking the Kekkai Sensen route, with episodic content rather than something continuous?

Excellent Tier

JoJo

Good Tier/Potential Tier

Kiznaiver
Bungo Stray Dogs
Twin Star Exorcists
Ludicolo
Ushio and Tora
Not Attack on Titan

Mixed Tier
Sakamoto
Hero Academia (purely on knowing what's to come)
Netoge
Re: Zero

In danger of dropping Tier
Mayoiga
Concrete Revolutio S2

Dropped
Ace Attorney
Anne Happy
Bullshit Crane Game Nonsense
Tonkatsu DJ
Hundred

Not a terrible season.

phaze

My question to those who watched Bungou today:

Does it seem like it will be taking the Kekkai Sensen route, with episodic content rather than something continuous?

This episode was pretty much I
ntroduction Part 2 so it's nearly impossible to speculate. We'll see in ep 3 I guess.
There was a post-credits scene that, judging by OP, is pretty much the beginning of some continuous plotline but like I said, it's too early to tell how much screentime will be devoted to it. You'd be better off asking manga readers if there are any around.

SUPER LOVERS Episode 2 – Black Eye
tumblr_o5l79deZZC1qbxqfpo1_540.jpg
tumblr_o5l79deZZC1qbxqfpo2_540.jpg

Really good episode especially with Haru's brothers showing up, Aki is the best especially when the reveal happened.
Cf8aL6nUIAA0PFL.jpg

Then also Haru's friend Ikuyoshi is amazing voiced and also looks great. Im looking forward to seeing him more.

Older Ren voice is alright at times though sometimes he sounds a bit older than I expected.

Cornbread78

Elfen Lied ep.10:
Well, they are all 1 big happy family now with Lucy and Nana...... But we got to see more and more head slicing action, this time from a naked 3 year old doing the chop chop... Dead kids all over the place. This fu(king show is just a big ball of WTF...

Line_HTX

Is the order of appearance of girls in the opening also the order of their arcs ? Cause the class rep is the last and the one I'd be a bit interested in. (Also the swimming club one)

Oh God I'm already falling down this dark well.

I don't remember what the OP was like. I liked that Ayatsuji was last, but she was first in SS+.

Yes, please keep going down the well~

Chindogg

He has to know from that towel scene and just want to protect her secret, right....RIGHT!

What's hilarious is
in the manga she tells him immediately after his fight with the president and they become a couple rather quickly. The whole "date" scene is still done but they hold hands at the viewing spot when no one's around.

Line_HTX

Netoge 01

I'm shocked, well.... not shocked that this H artist is doing the design for this anime, lol

Man, this one hit me because I admit to being a filthy Premium player on Dungeon Fighter Online. I have put down $100 every weekend for roughly the past two months of so. I'm starting to get one of the best stuff while also making mad tons of in game gold on my character.

@__@

Gunslinger Girl 11

The assassin-handler relationship continues to be sensitively examined, as does the conflicted nature of the girls themselves. It's interesting how the Section 2 Chief last episode thought Jose was too innocent to be able to handle the truth about Elsa, but this episode Jose reveals that he knew all along, and acutely feels the burden of being Henrietta's handler as well as the moral problems with the whole system. I wonder if part of the reason he continues to do what he does is because he wants to prevent what happened to Elsa from happening to Henrietta.

ibyea

Banned
It's more tolerable than Attack on Titan, even though the sequencing and the setting and the looks are almost exactly like Titan. The MC is not running on full rage, but rather he has rationale and is willing to do something about the problem by developing his own weapon to kill the zombies, and even successfully tested it. The major characters seem to have more competent than their Titan counterparts.

Even as someone who liked Attack on Titan, I thought Eren was a single minded drone like obnoxious character, so that's good.

Cornbread78

What's hilarious is
in the manga she tells him immediately after his fight with the president and they become a couple rather quickly. The whole "date" scene is still done but they hold hands at the viewing spot when no one's around.

Damn, I wonder if/when they will adapt that part. It'll be a weak harem then, lol.

Puruzi

Banned
Netoge 01

I'm shocked, well.... not shocked that this H artist is doing the design for this anime, lol

Man, this one hit me because I admit to being a filthy Premium player on Dungeon Fighter Online. I have put down $100 every weekend for roughly the past two months of so. I'm starting to get one of the best stuff while also making mad tons of in game gold on my character.

@__@

SMH

you can make gold easy by just getting lucky, wtf are you doing spending so much on the game

buy me some karma koin pls

Line_HTX

SMH

you can make gold easy by just getting lucky, wtf are you doing spending so much on the game

buy me some karma koin pls

Opening up Lost Treasures and hopefully selling +12 Tickets for tens of millions, getting loads of Milage points to get the Mysterious Pouches and quickly gathering up Interdimensional Fragments. I just bought a +11 Liberation Knuckle for 135 M for my F. Nen.

HA! You want one? I could just do it after I receive my tax returns, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom