• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

blurr

Sometimes, I feel like I really should. I just can't bring myself to actually do it because I have so many fond memories of this place from 2013-2014. Back then was when this community was at its best for me, and I want the thread to go back to those days.

What happened during those days? everyone watched mechas? :p

phaze

Not immediately though. Second cour is in fall.
017170ejuln.jpg
Well that's a bummer.

phaze

Sölf;207908672 said:
Does Stray Dogs actually get better/more interesting? I only watched the first and found that one meh.

I enjoy it but at the same time, I find it difficult to reccomend to others. It's as by the books shoun tfu seinen battle show as it gets even if Igarashi handles the material deftly. You'd need to enjoy the humour, characters and the edge it throws in from time to time to be able to take away something from it. And if the first episode did nothing in respect to the first two then ... well your chances aren't great.

+ Episodic material is thoroughly bland and mediocre.

Exalted

Sölf;207908672 said:
Does Stray Dogs actually get better/more interesting? I only watched the first and found that one meh.

Not really, the story isn't really anything interesting, and the humor is quite hit and miss. It's like Kekkai Sensen but worse.

Sölf

Not really, the story isn't really anything interesting, and the humor is quite hit and miss. It's like Kekkai Sensen but worse.

I also thought Kekkai Sensen wasn't that great after the first episode. So, okay. I won't watch anymore, because I also didn't like most of the humour in the first episode. The whole concept of the show with the humour and serious bits was just way off, imo.

John Blade

Alright, we’ll give “Let’s Watch” another try, this time with a comedy SoL show from the same writer as Working!:

aVp3WT0.jpg

R62GsYo.gif

Link to the thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207906306#post207906306

Looks like it could be a lot of fun for a short series.

(If this one works out, we can try to do Devil is a Part-timer next)
Need other recs later for other shows that could be interesting to watch and react to.

Will join in as I am very interested in the show from finish the manga. Will like to see how they will animated some of the scene.

Narag

To add to what Basileus posted, Bungou Stray Dogs continues on too.

Vampire Hunter D

Surprisingly enjoyable flick, especially in its second half, where a number of curveballs elevated it into a bit more than it had been hitherto. The epilogue ... well stuff like that, where severe passing of the time makes its mark always gets to me and this was no exception. After hating Ninja Scroll, this redeems Kawajiri to an extent in my eyes.

What's funny is Kawajiri toned down the weird incest rape shit of the actual book.

Sometimes, I feel like I really should. I just can't bring myself to actually do it because I have so many fond memories of this place from 2013-2014. Back then was when this community was at its best for me, and I want the thread to go back to those days.

Obviously, that can't and won't happen. Hitokage's dead (RIP :(), Cajun's perma'd, Corvo now spends 80% of his time in FFXIV, and more than half the regulars I knew from then have simply moved on and barely post here anymore. They're all on Twitter now.

Just like super happy positive people left the community, there were also people who loved antagonizing or mean spirited humor against other posters who don't post as regularly. So it balances out. Then we had others who left because they didn't like how much of a shitstorm we put up when someone posted something perverted. That's not a hill worth dying on.

I mean I'm not gonna lie that I miss some of the more happy posters to counteract the cynicism, but I myself am a cynic and enjoy making fun of shows just as much as enjoying the good ones. Like Hundred.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, Hayato is there to calm the inner rage and
Liza is there to love him in her spiritual form
what was that? LIMIT BREATH!

Wait, there was no clapping circle and "congratulations"
Well, for me it's more the brother being Gendo and literally fucking a girl in order to get what he wants from her. lol

phaze

What's funny is Kawajiri toned down the weird incest rape shit of the actual book.

See, now I'm just not sure if he toned it down into non existence or whether it's just that I'm already such a warped individual so as to not notice it at all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, not at all. I should honestly post much less than I do and I was trending heavily that way until this past thread. Previously, I had been down to # 3-5 for a few OT's, lol.... it's boosting from last year and this past season. Metroid and Hosann had been taking the reigns for the past few months...
you're the new cajun and MPR is the new Jexhius.

I have successfully escaped the wall of shame!

Narag

See, now I'm just not sure if he toned it down into non existence or whether it's just that I'm already such a warped individual so as to not notice it all.

Grove raped the girl in the book and the brothers often took turns with the adoptive sister.

Edit: same female character, I made it sound like two

zulux21

Though excessive negativity can get people down. Me...I have enough of an ego that I know everyone else is wrong.
see it might be ego for me, or that I just naturally assume animegaf is so wrong that every positive reaction should be taken as negative, and every negative should be taken as positive but the negativity in this thread doesn't get me down :p

in general the shows animegaf likes I hate, and shows they hate I like. it's why it is weird when we are on the same page lol. (Kiznaiver has nothing going for it, terrible characters and plot. MHA is awesome for example :p)

AnimeGAF is always on the decline. Long time members leave (or are forced to leave) and new blood replaces them. Such is the cycle.

you also have lingering fools like me that go in spurts with posting in here. I've actually been hanging out and posting in the anime threads for like 4 years now. bet a lot of people still don't know me (most who do likely know me as an idiot or something as I have butted heads with a few people lol) or realize I have been around for more than 1 lol. I think the last OT was the first time I was actually on the wall of shame :p.

funimation picks up the rights to the 3 live action kenshin movies.

T-Rex.

Banned
in general the shows animegaf likes I hate, and shows they hate I like. it's why it is weird when we are on the same page lol. (Kiznaiver has nothing going for it, terrible characters and plot. MHA is awesome for example :p)
I find this to be the case as well lmao. I enjoy reading the critique, though.

Ascheroth

see it might be ego for me, or that I just naturally assume animegaf is so wrong that every positive reaction should be taken as negative, and every negative should be taken as positive but the negativity in this thread doesn't get me down :p

You monster.
I like both of them.

AnimeGaf in general suffers from rose tinted glasses. People overlook how much garbage these threads used to have in those supposed glory days. I miss a lot of posters that aren't here anymore, but some people don't remember things the way they really were.

AnimeGaf in general suffers from rose tinted glasses. People overlook how much garbage these threads used to have in those supposed glory days. I miss a lot of posters that aren't here anymore, but some people don't remember things the way they really were.

At least when I joined there was a lot more outright ganging up on members than now. I mean sometimes it was for shit like pedophilia, but for other times it was mocking him/her for something so minimal it wasn't pretty.

Narag

You mean you don't miss the mile-a-minute chat room mentality and the circle jerking over faux-outrage reaction posts over anything more meaningful?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At least when I joined there was a lot more outright ganging up on members than now. I mean sometimes it was for shit like pedophilia, but for other times it was mocking him/her for something so minimal it wasn't pretty.
It was a much more... I dunno, locker-room-ey thing of being able to give as good as you took basically. That and without the various outlets that there are now, like IRC and Line, everything was contained to the threads.

You mean you don't miss the mile-a-minute chat room mentality and the circle jerking over faux-outrage reaction posts over anything more meaningful?
Well, the alternative is now I have to follow like 5 different platforms. lol

I don't know if that's better or worse to be honest, particularly since Twitter is just a mess to use.

phaze

Grove raped the girl in the book and the brothers often took turns with the adoptive sister.

Edit: same female character, I made it sound like two

Well I'm certainly glad this got cut out. Their designs already made them awful as it was.

Not really something I'd have expected expect from Kawajiri as I remember NS was pretty bad with that stuff.

Narag

Well I'm certainly glad this got cut out. Their designs already made them awful as it was.

First VHD anime improved the first book too. It's a good argument against the "1:1 or death" mentality when it comes to adapting to another medium.

zulux21

I'm personally happy the threads have died down some.

more than once I recall leaving for a few hours and coming back to 20+ pages of responses. it's the main reason I stopped coming to the anime threads for a while.

that and it was before the whole when you are quoted that post is a different color so it made it impossible to respond to anyone.

at least now if something happens and there is a ton of pages I can at least quickly scan to see if anyone said anything to me of interest. of course that means if you talk to me and don't quote me I typically won't see your response but yeah :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Weren't there always IRC though?
I think it calmed down a lot of the spammier stuff, but the threads were still active with both. Then, like anything with critical mass, people split off and either moved on or went to sub-communities, which is led us to where we are now basically.

I once looked back at AnimeGAF threads before I came along and the pace and demeanor was a whole lot faster and less...restrained, back then.

I started posting here....hmm shortly after duckroll had that tableflip moment and gave everyone a stern talking to. I believe it was related to lewd stuff along with gif/pic spamming.

Russ T

Banned
The latest episode delivered on all fronts. PLUS ULTRA!
I'm still convinced there's no way it's not getting another season, the question is only when not if.
It's one of Jumps biggest new series.

I've heard the anime isn't doing so well in Japan, though. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else...

I've heard the anime isn't doing so well in Japan, though. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else...

It's performing very poorly in TV ratings (lowest-rated show in the Nichigo slot historically) and looks to perform poorly in disc sales. I believe it did elevate manga sales at least somewhat, however.

I once looked back at AnimeGAF threads before I came along and the pace and demeanor was a whole lot faster and less...restrained, back then.

I started posting here....hmm shortly after duckroll had that tableflip moment and gave everyone a stern talking to. I believe it was related to lewd stuff along with gif/pic spamming.

Glad I wasn't around for that. I believe I joined this community around March of last year, there was none of that stuff at the time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I understand what you're saying; it can suck the enjoyment out of things if you feel as if you're the only one enjoying something because watching shows can very much be a social activity. This is a community thread after all and so if you feel as if you're surrounded be negativity it can bum you out because it's fun to be excited about something and share that excitement with others.
Kill hype culture.

Unless you guys want to be hyped about Itsuki Imazaki. I'll allow that.

Russ T

Banned
Kill hype culture.

Unless you guys want to be hyped about Itsuki Imazaki. I'll allow that.

Kill spoiler culture before hype culture imo!!

Hype is a wonderful thing as long as you're responsible! Don't let a disappointment ruin your life and hype can be real fun!

Top Bottom