• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

JulianImp

It's kinda impossible to tell cause second season has been skipping a lot of chapters. S1 covered ~50 episodes in 20 episodes, S2 ended on chapter 106. IIRC things started moving at chapter ~160 or so so one would need at least another season to get to that material.

I don't think I could stand a third season of absolutely nothing happening... that's even less plot-to-filler ratio than Detective Conan! Plus, having to release another season of mostly filler episodes would probably lower the chances of S4 ever happening.

...Then again, I'd rather have studios work on other IPs rather than spend their time on churning out more Nisekoi.

Cornbread78

I don't think I could stand a third season of absolutely nothing happening... that's even less plot-to-filler ratio than Detective Conan! Plus, having to release another season of mostly filler episodes would probably lower the chances of S4 ever happening.

...Then again, I'd rather have studios work on other IPs rather than spend their time on churning out more Nisekoi.

I'd rather wait until the finally ready to finish the manga, and air it all as a 2 cour season 3, that skips most of the fluff and gets right to the good stuff and ends about the same time as the manga..

phaze

S3 would be an automatic AOTY cause this time, they would have to adopt the Ruri arc.

+ The last waifu would get introduced but I guess S2 had that too in uhh Kosaki nr 2. (I'm honestly forgotting her name atm)

JulianImp

I'd rather wait until the finally ready to finish the manga, and air it all as a 2 cour season 3, that skips most of the fluff and gets right to the good stuff and ends about the same time as the manga..

The thing is we already got two whole seasons' worth of fluff, making it unlikely that we'll get to the good stuff anytime soon. I'd rather have Shaft work on just about anything but more Nisekoi, since it's a boring harem that plays its characterization and plot tropes awfully straight, has lots of silly mood whiplashes every couple scenes and has kept the status quo going for far too long. I'd rather have had the first 160 volumes condensed in <50 and gotten straight to the meat of the story, rather than taking forever to get there while the show constantly failed to make me invested into its plot and characters.

Aki-at

Ben-To - 1/2

Seems fun, but I was hoping for more SEGA references.

Tanaka-kun is always listless - 3/4

Last two episodes have been hilarious, hope to see more of Echizen through out and Tanaka is still a typical boy with his breast analysis powers.

Air Gear - 1

I was not expecting that boob shot and Iiki's design reminds me of Desert Punk for some reason. Really enjoying the music!

Hungary v Portugal

Congrats to names2hard4you scorin-

Dammit you beat me to it :(

Hungary v Portugal

Congrats to names2hard4you scorin-

Dammit you beat me to it :(

Fernando Santos came to read impressions of Kuma Miko (man has questionable tastes what can I say) and he read my comment. He added an extra 0 to my salary. I worked a little harder this time :)

Wanderer5

Bungou Stray Dogs #12

Well that heated up a bit. Guess they had to make another appearance before the anime comes back in the Fall.:p

It was nice to see more of the Guild before the cour ends. Lucy is so mess up, and it was cool that Tanizaki was able to use Light Snow when the door was opened, thus leading to victory. Now it looks like it be a three way war between Port Mafia, Agency, and The Guild for the next cour.

Well till Fall then for this series. It still has it quirks, but I think it was able to pull through fine after the first few episodes. I really enjoy the characters a lot and I can't wait to see more of the Guild. Probably give the anime a 7/10 for now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yama no Susume s1

Just realised Crunchy got the rights back for a bit so I shotgunned it. This is what I originally signed up for Crunchy for now that I think about it, since they were playing 40 second ads before 2-minute episodes and that was pissing me the fuck off.

I was hoping I could watch without subs but since it's a two minute anime they speak a touch faster than I'd like and there's a lot of mountaineering vocab I don't understand :( :( :(

maybe after JLPT3 I'll come back to study these eps

light and fluffy and reminds me I want to go do a bit of walkabout before I head home.

Go climb Mr. Fuji. I remember someone here did and posted some cool pictures of it.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists #12

The Benio Special killed me.
Things heated up quite a bit towards the end as a new fearful enemy makes an entrance and more of Benios past comes to light.

Also relevant in preparation for next season:
C8dPDXZ.jpg

Kuromukuro #11

It's nice seeing how Kennosuke adapted to modern technology.
Nice fight and the mysteries thicken.

Twin Star Exorcists Ep 12

This continues to be one hell of a show, starts with a fun 'female MC can't cook' scene with great reactions (Benio's 'contempt face' is the best) which fed very nicely into the scene
after Rokuro punches Kamui
where he scolds her for not caring revealing how much he does. They softened the cliché nature of the cooking scene by having Rokuro succeed in cooking well as per the trope but only after using every damn ingredient and pot in the house for a single bowl of oyakodon. Kamui is a cold son of a bitch
making 8 year old Benio 'choose' between her parents
and then comparing it to stepping on ants, this is going to be a great fight.

Wait it's crossing over with Food Wars S2?!?
That would be too awesome

Tiger and Bunny 1

Seems like this could be a pretty fun show, I like the buddy-cop vibes between Kotetsu and Barnaby.

From following other people's impressions, it seems like the show is pretty good up through the midway point and then deteriorates due to being so unexpectedly popular that Sunrise executives interfered.

Jex

Speaking of Tiger and Bunny, whatever happened to that whole franchise? They had those movies and then...nothing. Kind of weird for a franchise that was basically on fire.

rrvv

Tamayura: Sotsugyou Shashin

MXxkk8f.jpg

End and start of life's chapter

Beautiful...Such a beautiful and heartwarming series.

Criminally underrated. one of top tier SoL/Healing anime. Good example how to create drama without resorting melodrama.

Will make better impression of entire series later. Just to convince everyone to watch this!

phaze

We really are Bungou Stray Dogs 12

Evil Yanks incoming. Brace yourselves.

One of the more enjoyable episodes of this show. That smug Dazai at the beginning.

In general, while the episodic middle did nothing for me, most of the rest I found enjoyable. I'm not sure whether it's Dazai's suicide jokes, the constant barrage of great reaction faces (that only underscores how disappointing Star Driver is in that regard), the strength of source material or just Igarashi's comedic timing but the cast of this show is strangely endearing to me and one I'll miss quite a bit. Decent show overall, one of the bigger surprises this season.

But still no Dan Brown I think ? smh

Tiger and Bunny 1

Seems like this could be a pretty fun show, I like the buddy-cop vibes between Kotetsu and Barnaby.

Im on my fourth watch of it, origami cyclone is the best.

From following other people's impressions, it seems like the show is pretty good up through the midway point and then deteriorates due to being so unexpectedly popular that Sunrise executives interfered.

I thought the second half antagonist and plot was a bit better than the first half especially since first half had a few weak random character building episodes.

Though I only watched it after the anime had aired, I guess people had different expectations while it was airing?

Twin Star Exorcists #12

The Benio Special killed me.
Things heated up quite a bit towards the end as a new fearful enemy makes an entrance and more of Benios past comes to light.

Kamui looked fantastic, and the whole cooking part was alright.

I wish we could have skipped the glorified recap taking up time.

phaze

A Dan Brown character would be interesting heh.

I think when the first pvs arrived, someone said there is a character "based" on him in the manga so maybe we've just not ventured far enough into the story.

Edit: Wait wut. That Guild guy with bags of cash is Dan Brown I think. wooooooahh

Edit2: Or not lol, my mistake.

Wanderer5

I think when the first pvs arrived, someone said there is a character "based" on him in the manga so maybe we've just not ventured far enough into the story.

Edit: Wait wut. That Guild guy with bags of cash is Dan Brown I think. wooooooahh

Blondie? That is Fitzgerald, who has the Great Gatsby ability.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm not evern that mad because that would mean I was actually emotionally invested in the show like I was SNAFU, but that was just a pure blatant "FU, buy my LN!"

uugghh

Buy the LN shows are the worst when we either never get them officially translated to buy or they take so long way after the shows are over.

Russ T

Banned

Edit2: Or not lol, my mistake.

I do very distinctly remember Dan Brown being mentioned when the anime first came to light!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Has anyone spoken to the Log Horizon author? Or is he in one of those Japanese Prisons where you disappear?

Russ T

Banned
Has anyone spoken to the Log Horizon author? Or is he in one of those Japanese Prisons where you disappear?

Is this a joke about the LNs taking too long to come out or am I missing some information and making the wrong assumption?

Are there any characters that are based on a more recent author through?

I can't speak with authority on this. Maybe some of the Japanese authors? Dan Brown is definitely the most recent author I recognize. (Isn't he still writing??)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is this a joke about the LNs taking too long to come out or am I missing some information and making the wrong assumption?

I can't speak with authority on this. Maybe some of the Japanese authors? Dan Brown is definitely the most recent author I recognize. (Isn't he still writing??)

He's under house arrest for tax evasion.

Wanderer5

Not that it matters now that there is a Dan Brown character, but I thought the theme would around being based on older literature, rather than recent years.

Man I can just picture a JK Rowling character lol.

phaze

Not that it matters now that there is a Dan Brown character, but I thought the theme would around being based on older literature, rather than recent years.

The Author of Another and the one behind Moryou no Haku apparently appear too, though I'm not sure whether it's just in the spin off novel or in the manga proper too.

Russ T

Banned

Man I can just picture a JK Rowling character lol.

Oh I misunderstood your question! Yeah, I dunno if there are others that are currently writing. Good question!

I assume they just went with "big hit authors" whether new or old. It's a silly premise, regardless, haha. Fun, though.

Wanderer5

Oh I misunderstood your question! Yeah, I dunno if there are others that are currently writing. Good question!

I assume they just went with "big hit authors" whether new or old. It's a silly premise, regardless, haha. Fun, though.

I already know a couple others in The Guild, but man I can't wait to see more of this group lol, pretty much cause this is the North American group, thus likely to be familiar with a lot of what these characters are based on compare to the Japanese characters.

Dynedom

Speaking of Tiger and Bunny, whatever happened to that whole franchise? They had those movies and then...nothing. Kind of weird for a franchise that was basically on fire.

I wish I could even care, given how they bungled almost every good thing the series had going for it.

bryanee

So I watched Prison School. It was not at all what I expected and boy did it go places. I was expecting something quite serious but I found myself laughing my ass off during most of it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
On that note, I do find it odd that the Toonami block has not picked up Tiger and Bunny yet since it seems like a good fit there.

Cornbread78

So I watched Prison School. It was not at all what I expected and boy did it go places. I was expecting something quite serious but I found myself laughing my ass off during most of it.

It's definitely ecchi comedy to the max. Now we just need S2 since I heard it keeps getting better!

Top Bottom