• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Ascheroth

Kabaneri #8

Action scene was nice.
I laughed during the 'it's not like I attacked you, there was just a bug on the wall!" scene. And at how they just made Biba comically evil for... reasons? I mean in the world they live in his ideology makes sense and there seems to be some revenge thing going on as well. But of course he's smiling evily while killing someone who betrayed him and was ordered to attack him, so he's evil. Lol.

But damn if the show doesn't have some beautiful shots.

1g5pcSv.jpg
8QCPYVS.jpg

And it feels like Mumei is acting dumber by the minute. But I liked the flute version of the ending song that played during her flashback.

Russ T

Banned
Go climb Mr. Fuji. I remember someone here did and posted some cool pictures of it.

I climbed Mt Fuji in cold wet clouds at night and I was not in good shape so it was kinda hard and miserable but then I got to the top and had a nice hot helping of udon noodles. After relaxing a bit, I began the descent, and the new day had come and the clouds were gone and holy shit it was beautiful and it was all worth it. I took a lot of pictures!

I got back to my apartment in Yokosuka and my SD card had fried and I lost all the pictures. I cried.

Anyway my point is yeah it's worth the climb. It's actually a pretty easy climb, too, all things considered.

Cornbread78

Is any of the anime on Hulu because I search for it and can't find anything...

There is a ton of good stuff on Hulu to watch. Just type in the name of different shows and it will pop up. Some show's only have a couple episodes uploaded though, so check.

Jintor

I climbed Mt Fuji in cold wet clouds at night and I was not in good shape so it was kinda hard and miserable but then I got to the top and had a nice hot helping of udon noodles. After relaxing a bit, I began the descent, and the new day had come and the clouds were gone and holy shit it was beautiful and it was all worth it. I took a lot of pictures!

I got back to my apartment in Yokosuka and my SD card had fried and I lost all the pictures. I cried.

Anyway my point is yeah it's worth the climb. It's actually a pretty easy climb, too, all things considered.

I did it with two massive gashes on both my feet. It was great but I literally couldn't move for three days afterwards and my feet are still scarred. Lol.

Line_HTX

Kabaneri #8

And it feels like Mumei is acting dumber by the minute. But I liked the flute version of the ending song that played during her flashback.

Yep. The one aspect about Kabaneri I always loved were the beautiful backgrounds, be it midday, sunset, clear night sky, or even sunrise from this past episode. They look so breathtaking.

I wonder, by the end of this season, who would be a worse character, Mumei or Machi?

Cornbread78

Fullmetal Alchemist:B ep.32
So scars on the run and, of course, they know he is gonna go north now, Edward and AL are on their way there as weLloyd, so you can already see the collision happening. Would be awesome if they can learn the eastern alchemy before everyone is dead, but we'll see.

Rainy

Banned
Twin Star Exorcists 1-2

Haven't heard too much about this show but decided to give it a try. Pretty entertaining so far!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kabaneri #8

Action scene was nice.
I laughed during the 'it's not like I attacked you, there was just a bug on the wall!" scene. And at how they just made Biba comically evil for... reasons? I mean in the world they live in his ideology makes sense and there seems to be some revenge thing going on as well. But of course he's smiling evily while killing someone who betrayed him and was ordered to attack him, so he's evil. Lol.

He's Pink Sephiroth. His addition directly contributed to me immediately not watching anymore.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura: Sotsugyou Shashin

Beautiful...Such a beautiful and heartwarming series.

Criminally underrated. one of top tier SoL/Healing anime. Good example how to create drama without resorting melodrama.

Will make better impression of entire series later. Just to convince everyone to watch this!
Edit: Ah, it's finally subbed. In the age of unlicensed stuff basically dying, I'm glad someone did it.

If you want a really good slice of life, you should just watch Yi Yi:
Ooooooold. I remember the movie fondly though.

Might have been me
Maybe. I can't remember since it was... a year ago I guess. lol
I think I was surprised that there was a post office on top, since it seems like a waste to have to bring all that crap back down the mountain.

Neat! Too bad about those pictures.

Jintor

you gotta go up there to drop off supplies to the twenty tourist traps at the summit anyway, may as well grab the mail while you're up there.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists 1-2

Haven't heard too much about this show but decided to give it a try. Pretty entertaining so far!

It isn't amazing, but it has been a pretty solid show
to watch all year. It's a good mix of action and comedy with a good story behind it.

Kabaneri #8

Action scene was nice.

This episode right here was where the show went so dumb that even if it tried there'd be no coming back.

Jintor

I guess that's true. And there's some kind of track system that ferries people and supplies, I think.

the way down is literally just the service road on the back side of the mountain that doesn't look as pretty. we passed like 4 roadcrawlers on the way down

By the way, if you're considering Fuji, the way down is much much more taxing on your knees than the way up. And bring a good hat; there's no shade whatsoever on the way down.

Busaiku

Despite everyone who hasn't watched it saying "it's generic shounen," it's been a pretty good and consistent show. Much more so than most of the other shows airing.
I buy the comics, so I like it, but even I would say it's pretty generic.
However, the characters are still fun and the art is cute enough for me to like it.

But it's still a monthly series with a lot of focus on action scenes.
It wasn't even that popular.
I just don't understand how someone was able to secure funding for a year.

dagashi: watch or read?

I started watching it, only to realize that I accidentally started on episode 12 and then went on to episode 1. After realizing my mistake I thought that the advancement in story between the first and last episode was miniscule and made the rest of the show probably not worth watching.

Busaiku

I started watching it, only to realize that I accidentally started on episode 12 and then went on to episode 1. After realizing my mistake I thought that the advancement in story between the first and last episode was miniscule and made the rest of the show probably not worth watching.
It's a slice of life thing about snacks, there's not really much development necessary.

Quasar

Edit: Ah, it's finally subbed. In the age of unlicensed stuff basically dying, I'm glad someone did it.

Yeah. And esp happy its in better than SD. Still bloody annoyed that Tamayura finally got licensed and its bloody DVD only. Same with Chihayafuru.

I bet that's what happens with Hyouka too.

Quasar

Tamayura: Sotsugyou Shashin

Beautiful...Such a beautiful and heartwarming series.

Criminally underrated. one of top tier SoL/Healing anime. Good example how to create drama without resorting melodrama.

Will make better impression of entire series later. Just to convince everyone to watch this!

Yeah. My favourite healing anime and one of my most favourite SoL series.

Quasar

Crunchyroll summer announcements.

Really happy that perhaps my two most look forwarded two, Orange, and Sweetness and Lightning, were picked up. Might give reLife another try too.

Already happier about the upcoming season.

[Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb] - 06

I'm going to cry when I watch Sae & Hiro graduation right? Just the Hiro-san part of this episode got me in a sentimental mode.

Good, now I have the last episode of Tamayura to make me cry too.

Clov

Kuma Miko 12 END

Strange that they poked so much fun at her crippling social anxiety. I actually feel bad for that girl. End all be all I guess Natsu was right, she was best staying in her small village.

That was like, half of the 'humor' in the show. If there's one thing that sums up this anime, it's mean-spirited. Machi is constantly forced to do humiliating things against her own will, and when she screws up and breaks down the show expects us to laugh at it. In the end she's
regressed back into a child-like state while refusing to leave the village, and the show presents this as a great happy ending. What's so happy about it? The assholes of the show win, basically.

What an absolute waste of a fun premise. I guess Polar Bear's Cafe just set my standards for talking bear anime too high.

Line_HTX

Whoever was the director or writer of the Bear Miko ought to be blacklisted so future adaptations or whatever get the lowest ratings and then he'll stop getting work.

Top Bottom