• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
it's actually not clear who is dubbing the TV series.
only thing that is sure is it will be dubbed in canada as the dub was approved to create more Canadian TV shows to air in canda (yes... a canadian dub makes it a canadian show to them :p)

just like world trigger will be dubbed in canada as well.

and I wouldn't call it unnecessary, it might let me finally get through the beginning for gintama to the good stuff :p
Weird, did Sentai lose the rights to the show recently?

Jarmel

Banned
He wrote the script for gifu dodo 2-3 years ago.

shin mazinger was 2009 too, right?

I though Mazinger Z was older due to how bad it looked. Guess not.

Good lord, the show looks like a production from the early digital transition era. It came out in '09? There's no excuse then.

Huh, checking what else he did on MAL, I didn't know that Imagawa also wrote the script for a Fist of The North Star prequel.

Good lord, the show looks like a production from the early digital transition era. It came out in '09? There's no excuse then.

Really? I always thought Shin Mazinger Z looked pretty good.

Of course, I probably overlooked some stuff due to just how awesome everything was in the show mecha-wise but it was never noticeable to me.

zulux21

Weird, did Sentai lose the rights to the show recently?

I don't think so, but that doesn't mean they have to use their usual companies to dub something.

beyond that it also doesn't mean that sentai owns the TV rights for canada.

licensing deals are weird, skip beat is making that clear :p

Jarmel

Banned
Of course, I probably overlooked some stuff due to just how awesome everything was in the show mecha-wise but it was never noticeable to me.

The background art is muddy as all hell at times and looks bad for a good chunk of time. I thought it was an early digital show.

Narag

Really? I always thought Shin Mazinger Z looked pretty good.

Art's fine. Effects and composition can be problematic.

You can get a sense of what I'm talking about from the OP since it's mostly tv bits.
0:14
0:17
0:26
1:08
1:17

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think so, but that doesn't mean they have to use their usual companies to dub something.

beyond that it also doesn't mean that sentai owns the TV rights for canada.

licensing deals are weird, skip beat is making that clear :p
I read that blog post more thoroughly and it seems weird - well, the point about how there are dubs that never aired. It almost makes me wonder if it's some kind of tax write off or whatever.

But the idea that dubs in Canada count as Cancon is hilarious. I guess that explains why YTV kept airing Sailor Moon reruns back in the 90s.

Jarmel

Banned

You can get a sense of what I'm talking about from the OP since it's mostly tv bits.

Yea it's the digital composition. Looks super bad at certain points. I had a ton of images saved from when I was watching the show.

Unfortunately I saved them all to Minus.

The background art is muddy as all hell at times and looks bad for a good chunk of time. I thought it was an early digital show.

That's fair. I can't say there was a background in the show that particularly wowed me.

Understandable. It's so easy for me to overlook this stuff what with the JAM Project song and the sheer amount of Super Robot the OP as well as the show oozes, haha.

Aki-at

Air Gear - 2

Ikki lives in a house with 4 women and still goes after the wrong choice smh.

On a side note why exactly is he living with 4 unrelated girls?

spootime

Could someone recommend me some anime? I really only like the super popular brainless stuff that is easy to watch while I exercise. Stuff Ive enjoyed: code geass, AoT, sword art online, fullmetal alchemist, fate series, etc. All the generic stuff. Again, I like relatively brainless stuff with well animated fight scenes.

Jarmel

Banned
Could someone recommend me some anime? I really only like the super popular brainless stuff that is easy to watch while I exercise. Stuff Ive enjoyed: code geass, AoT, sword art online, fullmetal alchemist, fate series, etc. All the generic stuff. Again, I like relatively brainless stuff with well animated fight scenes.

One Punch Man
Kabaneri
JoJo

While I wouldn't call it brainless, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann can most certainly be enjoyed that way.

duckroll

Kabaneri would be right up your alley this season. You can get it off Amazon Prime.

Aki-at

Kill la Kill (warning over the amount of eechi)
Black Lagoon (prepare to be depressed by the end)
Kabaneri (Mindless zombie action with trains)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, only it's way better than Ano Hana. I had appreciated some of Nagai's directorial work before, but this was on a whole other level. Really sharp and creative choices over and over. He surprised me.

You're thinking of Whisper of the Heart.
How much incest/drama/suicide/macaroons is there?

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail
Baka to Test
Etotama
Heavy Object
Isuca

All mindless fun.

Oh and Whisper of the Heart was a good movie dammit.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Op4xEiY.jpg

Imagine if one of them pulled out a dakimakura.

Narag

Bungou Stray Dogs 12

That ended well. If this was a taste of the American authors, the second cour could be pretty fun as this ep was like a transition from traditional battle shounen to something more akin to a weird Stand battle.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

zulux21

I read that blog post more thoroughly and it seems weird - well, the point about how there are dubs that never aired. It almost makes me wonder if it's some kind of tax write off or whatever.

But the idea that dubs in Canada count as Cancon is hilarious. I guess that explains why YTV kept airing Sailor Moon reruns back in the 90s.

yeah it amuses me to no end that just because it is dubbed there it is a canadian show.

wonder if that makes shows like supernatural a canadian show because it is shot there.

either way I am looking forward to the dubs of both.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wasn't that just a recap movie?!
It was more of a retelling than a recap. Same story, but completely reworked (thankfully) to be less DORAMATIC.

yeah it amuses me to no end that just because it is dubbed there it is a canadian show.

wonder if that makes shows like supernatural a canadian show because it is shot there.

either way I am looking forward to the dubs of both.
Oh yeah, definitely location makes it Cancon. Stargate SG-1 is a Canadian show, despite basically being about American army guys in space.

That wasn't half bad. But because I don't feel like returning the favor, here's some Mai Kadowaki singing "pretty fly for a white guy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzD76g4BlQA

wat. lol

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

One Punch Man

spootime

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone! I forgot to mention but I really loved one punch man. I'll check out your recommendations.

Just T

Asterisk: 23-24

Story obviously isn't done but wouldn't be bothered if it doesn't have another season. It's not a great show by any means, there was some decent action here and there though.

Also Flora had one of the most annoying voices this season.

Bakuon: 11-12

I didn't expect much from this show and almost dropped it earlier on but it actually turned out to be kinda enjoyable, with that being said though still probably wouldn't recommend to anyone.

My Hero Academia: 12

They did good with the All Might action, one more episode left.

Re Zero 12:

Subaru needs to calm down just a bit.

Macross 7 ep 3-7

This show is dumb as hell, but it's not that bad with a couple beers and some popcorn. I was gonna shit about all the dumb things that happened in the last episode (really, temps drop to subzero and the entire fucking ocean instantly freezes?), but honestly I've got a smile on my face, so idk. I guess I might like it.

edit:
P.S.
Fuck Planet Dance, why is it in every episode? And why do they only travel to ships that get attacked? Every episode is kinda the same episode.

Top Bottom