• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

blurr

Could someone recommend me some anime? I really only like the super popular brainless stuff that is easy to watch while I exercise. Stuff Ive enjoyed: code geass, AoT, sword art online, fullmetal alchemist, fate series, etc. All the generic stuff. Again, I like relatively brainless stuff with well animated fight scenes.

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis
Samurai Champloo

Rainy

Banned
Twin Star Exorcists 3-4

Kinda felt bad for Mayuri in episode 3 since she's obviously going to lose. The whole Ryogo/Rokuro relationship was cute in the 4th episode.

Been listening to Goose House for the past hour

Their YT channel is so great.

Reknoc

Macross 7 ep 3-7

This show is dumb as hell, but it's not that bad with a couple beers and some popcorn. I was gonna shit about all the dumb things that happened in the last episode (really, temps drop to subzero and the entire fucking ocean instantly freezes?), but honestly I've got a smile on my face, so idk. I guess I might like it.

edit:
P.S.
Fuck Planet Dance, why is it in every episode? And why do they only travel to ships that get attacked? Every episode is kinda the same episode.

Why would it not be in every episode, its great. listen to his song.

blurr

It's nice that Amazon India is making a lot of Manga and LN available for prices ranging from affordable to a bit expensive but I hope we also see Bluray and DVD.

kXfzSMWh.jpg
BOI IF THIS DONT HAVE 24 EPISODES.

Need to see S
tain
animated in all his glory

Quasar

Oh right, I forgot Rightstuf picked it up. I mean, they still have like the second season to do, but yeah they'll never do this in HD. I assume only Gundam and Utena will get that treatment.

So bummed me out. I don't buy much anime, but would have bought this in a second. But not when the fansubs have better video (and probably) audio quality. If I'm spending money on physical media then I want it better than streaming or fansubs.

Masamune kun no Revenge TV anime announced.

As a child, Masamune Makabe once suffered greatly at the hands of a wealthy and beautiful girl named Aki Adagaki, who nicknamed him "Piggy" due to his chubby appearance. Seeking revenge against his tormentor, Masamune works hard to improve himself and returns as an incredibly handsome, albeit narcissistic, high school student. When he encounters Aki once again, he is prepared to exact vengeance.

With the aid of the rich girl's maid, Yoshino Koiwai, Masamune slowly begins to build his relationship with Aki, intending to break her heart when the time is right. However, as his friendship with Aki begins to grow, Masamune starts to question the objectives of his devious plans, and if bringing them to fruition is what his heart truly desires.
SAXQymv.jpg

was this the one they kept singing awkward Take me Home, Country Roads?

edit: no wait I just googled it, the name sounded similar to me for some reason

Oh, this made me laugh. The film (and possibly also the manga) treating Country Roads as some kind of masterpiece worthy of re-interpretation by other artists was quite funny to me when I watched it. I'm sure my facial expression said "Why????" through the start of that scene. The impression I get is that there's only a handful of people in the anime community that don't think Whisper is A-tier Ghibli though. It's a lonely stance.

duckroll

Oh, this made me laugh. The film (and possibly also the manga) treating Country Roads as some kind of masterpiece worthy of re-interpretation by other artists was quite funny to me when I watched it. I'm sure my facial expression said "Why????" through the start of that scene. The impression I get is that there's only a handful of people in the anime community that don't think Whisper is A-tier Ghibli though. It's a lonely stance.

Permbanned.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So bummed me out. I don't buy much anime, but would have bought this in a second. But not when the fansubs have better video (and probably) audio quality. If I'm spending money on physical media then I want it better than streaming or fansubs.
Well, I guess the alternative is that it never is released. But yeah, I didn't buy it either. Kind of feel guilty, but buying DVD these days seems silly.

Masamune kun no Revenge TV anime announced.
Wow, this is so shoujo. Although I swear I've heard this concept before... oh wow, it's Skip Beat. lol

Anime? No, me!
You have to write that backwards though!

NeonZ

Speaking of Tiger and Bunny, whatever happened to that whole franchise? They had those movies and then...nothing. Kind of weird for a franchise that was basically on fire.

It kind of seems like it was one of the franchises hurt in the Sunrise/ Bandai Namco Pictures split. It was moved to BNP, but then they've done nothing with it.

Top Bottom