• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Niji-iro Days 23

Only one episode left and nothing happened, I expect an underwhelming ending.

12-sai 10
As always Hiyama is the best. Marin and Cocoa are annoying.

Jarmel

Banned
The flashbacks aren't, like, spectacular or anything, and the show would be better without obviously, but it's hardly the most egregious example in anime. In fact, it's some of the least egregious among its peers. Also, using the flashbacks as an excuse for the show's slow pacing is... misguided. It's deliberately slow, even without those flashbacks. If that's not your thing, well, whatever, that's fine, but it'd be nice to see criticism that acknowledges that instead of just throwing it in a pile of garbage anime, where, if it were a conscious being, it'd very easily and quickly rise to the top of that pile and get out.

I'm currently watching Hunter x Hunter 2011 and it's a fairly slow show but it doesn't abuse flashbacks. It might have a recap episode but that's one in a total of 25 episodes, which is normal for long running shows. Nagasaki could have very easily added new material, which is actually what one episode did. It's not as if he had to use flashbacks if he wanted slower pacing.

Pretty much in full agreement here, not to mention how 10 out of the 12 episodes so far decided to add a 2 minute flash-back replaying the previous episode prior to the OP.

That's actually not that unusual. Tons of shows do that not just for delay reasons but budgetary/production issues. Attack on Titan is a prime example of that.

Oh.
Ohhhh.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Little Witch Academia TV anime announced.
QWNN73i.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
A continuing plot theme will deal with Akko struggling to find employment after graduation due to all the Euro-centric witch companies packing up and leaving the UK.

Thoraxes

I'll go with Luluco.

For me it's a tossup between that (Teddyloid x Bonjour Suzuki is a fantastic combo), and Ai no Uta (Rasmus Faber x Haruka Chisuga Asterisk S2).

Special mention to Jojo for picking Savage Garden.

I also really like ninelie (Kabaneri). Good dark colors to it.

Macross Delta's is fun because it sounds like that one Chicago song.

Although the song isn't too outstanding like his other works, it's really nice to see Suneohair back working with anime music again too (Sakamoto).

Thoraxes

Luluco - 13 END?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Trigger Girl

This is the most elaborate effort i've seen to flesh out your studio's mascot girl.

This whole series delivered exponentially more than I could've ever imagined. Bravo and thank you.

Thoraxes

Oh.
Ohhhh.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Little Witch Academia TV anime announced.

Fuck yeah this is great news. The hi-five at the end!

While I know I really like the cast of characters and they'll likely be great in a series together, I wonder what a LWA TV anime is going to look like compared to the OVAs in terms of scope. Can't wait for the staff listings to hit!

Assassination Classroom 24

Masterfully crafted. The studio has really captured the greatness of the source material.

Perfect. I bawled my eyes out the whole chapter.

Qurupeke

Space Patrol Luluco Final Season Episode Final
Anime is justice. This was amazing, great animation too.

Miss Trigger origins omg

This started as something fun, it then turned to a Trigger Cinematic Universe and it concluded as an epic story of love. I enjoyed it a lot. Great short show.

Just T

Kabaneri: 11

This shit is dumb but should have some nice action next episode.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless: 11

I think the Echizen scene was my favorite this episode, that pause and walk away lol.

Space Patrol Luluco: 13

Nice finish, this turned out to be one really enjoyable short.

And also extremely happy that Little Witch Academia is getting a TV series!

Overwatch

The famdom for that game is so damn stupid.

I can't get enough of those comics even though I'm not even playing the game D:

The best ED so far this year is easily the one for Concrete Revolutio: The Last Song. The runner up would be the Diamond is Unbreakable ED. (Note that both these Youtube links are to the ED in its first aired fashion, and both EDs had alterations in subsequent episodes.)

The Haikyuu S2 ED 2 is an excellent solo effort from Tetsuya Nishio, of course.

Hmm yeh those make a good impression, too. As usual with JoJo, I appreciate it some more after having gone through more content. Though I think the subsequent versions for the OP and ED are unfortunately inferior.

Eumi

Like, for real, no 'Anime is saved' joking about, this is why Trigger are my favourite studio. It's just so fun. They're wonderfully self aware, and everything they make just comes across like they're having the time of their lives producing it. At the end of the day, Animation exists so we can produce shows like this, shows that aren't limited to the normal scope of our world. They can be overly self indulgent, crass and pretty derivative, but Trigger embody everything I love about animation and I'm so happy that they exist and don't seem to be settling down.

Now we just need to have Kiznaiver stick it's landing in at least a halfway decent manner.

Hmm yeh those make a good impression, too. As usual with JoJo, I appreciate it some more after having gone through more content. Though I think the subsequent versions for the OP and ED are unfortunately inferior.

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence. You think the version of the ED with finished animation that aired from episode 3 onwards is inferior to the version of the ED that aired in episodes 1 and 2?

Qurupeke

Maybe the Trigger Universe expands even more. Space Patrol Luluco was the Iron Man. The LWA series will introduce the next Trigger Girl and eventually there will be a Trigger Girls Assemble movie. It's happening.

Line_HTX

Maybe the Trigger Universe expands even more. Space Patrol Luluco was the Iron Man. The LWA series will introduce the next Trigger Girl and eventually there will be a Trigger Girls Assemble movie. It's happening.

They need one of those Trigger Avengers to be crowdfunded so they can all be in one spot.

;P

Top Bottom