• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Cornbread78

Sölf;208240878 said:
The thing is, Crest is Season 1. Banner 1-3 are Seasons 2-4 (even though Banners 3 is only a 2 episode OVA that never got released outside of japan). So, you really should start with Crest.

Crest also has 3 novels that got an english release. Sadly, those are the only ones. I would really like to read more from that universe, but it's all japan only. D:

I'll end up fu(king this up like I did with Haruhi...

I heard if you liked Eureka 7 you'll like Xam'd.

fiFDPfF.gif

Sölf

I'll end up fu(king this up like I did with Haruhi...

Eh, it's easy.

Crest of the Stars -> Banner of the Stars 1 -> Banner of the Stars 2 -> Banner of the Stars 3

Crest and Banner 1+2 all have around 10 episodes, Banners 3 only has 2 and never got an english release (else I would own it).

blurr

I haven't seen those either but I saw an episode of Mononoke years ago, was a bit taken aback but in hindsight, it seems very interesting.

On Little Witch Academia, I really need to watch those movies.

duckroll

I always heard that Xam'd was bad from people who liked Eureka Seven.

It's bad in the sense that it overreaches and tries to achieve the same emotional highs without being able to work to those points as elegantly in the narrative. The writing falls short, the directing tries to bulldoze it anyway by making those moments FEEL like they should be emotional, but it isn't earned. The ending is a bit of a mess. The animation and production values though are god-tier.

It's not a show where anyone can honestly go "wow that's bad trash, fuck the people who made it", but it's more like "well, that could have been done a lot better if they were more experienced, especially with how good the animation and some of the direction is..."

I'll check out the first couple episodes. Again, I liked the character design and animation and if those are high on average due to nice production values then I can feast on that before I run for it.

Wanderer5

Oh man I had a rough morning, and then blam Luluco Ep 13, and then NEW LITTLE WITCH ACADEMY ANIME, OMG!!!

The animation is likely to take a hit, but oh man I can't wait for it!

phaze

So, best ED so far this year?

Haikyuu S2 ED2 for me.

Kiznaiver > Erased > Bungou (The linked one doesn't have the glorious lead in unfortunately. )

The best ED so far this year is easily the one for Concrete Revolutio: The Last Song.
This does look pretty nice.

I still haven't watched my Kickheart BD.

But tbh, the humour in that doesn't strike me as being up your alley.

Wanderer5

Space Patrol Luluco END

That was so good. Sad that she lost him D:, but hey maybe someday she will! And dat LWA tease at the end lol.

Man this series was a blast. Maybe the first arc was a bit rough, but it got more crazy and better from there. 100/10!

Okay maybe 9/10.:p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio to Tora Season 2, Episode 13:

SO ends the saga of Fina Fantasy: Ushio and Tora and next time let me skip the tedious cutscenes.

TUSR

Banned
This is everything I ever wanted.

People talking about TRIGGER, TRIGGER making good anime, and people looking forward to TRIGGER shows.

LWA.

Eumi

I always loved this arc. It's a great little downtime with a wacky stand that just serves as a backdrop to explore Josuke and Joseph's relationship. It's a shame Joseph doesn't really do much after this.

But who cares about that? It's time for the true star of Diamond to make his appearance.

Also what are the odds of a new OP next week? It's about due.

Luluco 13
Good ending. Surprised that
the show was just the back story to their mascot girl
. Also great that Little Witch Academia is getting a full TV series

Jojo Part 4 13
Good old family bonding. Joseph was pretty cool at the end. That
Rohan
tease was also nice

Grexeno

I always loved this arc. It's a great little downtime with a wacky stand that just serves as a backdrop to explore Josuke and Joseph's relationship. It's a shame Joseph doesn't really do much after this.

But who cares about that? It's time for the true star of Diamond to make his appearance.

Also what are the odds of a new OP next week? It's about due.
New OP might be in two weeks since there weren't the usual last-OP-airing sound effects this week.

DiU - 13

My favorite episode so far. Competent character development for once, I'm shocked. Young Joseph was the most fun but it's good to see a properly aged character behave his part and went through a lot of change.

This baby as a stand user with that invisibility ability was pretty good, too. I can give creativity bonus for that. Although, I'd imagine its location under water should've been quite clear since a relatively large sphere of missing water should stand out quite a bit (at that distance anyways). But, you it's easily justifiable, though it did spring to my mind.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 11-13

All caught up. 11 was better than I though it'd be given the complaints I saw, 12 rocked, and 13 was alright until that holy shit resolution which elevated the rest.

Where was that?
Luluco is engulfed in a tunnel of darkness
T4YT8kz.png

The tunnel of darkness starts having color streaks, with blue effects behind her
htScJSD.png

qEwNJfY.jpg

She has her hand stretched out, trying to reach, but it's being burned
W03GSv2.jpg

XItQ6VV.png
It's a bit different in the narrative sense, because even if both are trying to save the loved ones, in one it's in front of him and in the other appears behind, but visually I thought it was a reference..

Line_HTX

This is everything I ever wanted.

People talking about TRIGGER, TRIGGER making good anime, and people looking forward to TRIGGER shows.

LWA.

Yep, I will admit just this season alone I have actually wanted to talk about TRIGGER shows. I'm enjoying Luluco as a short, and Kiznaiver is just blowing me away. I'd say they finally got on my good graces from this season alone than they ever did in past seasons with their other shows. I'll get to the LWA films before the series starts, but I can tell it already looks great and not obnoxious.

jman2050

So, at the end of Kiznaiver are we expecting Nico to throw on a gas mask and go join Luluco?

Maybe Katsuhira was Nova-kun all along and Nori-chan ends up being the blue Trigger girl and the Trigger Girls anime ends up having Nori and Luluco fighting over the same guy.

Jex

:(

but...but...gyaru~

Well at least you've got the doujins, which is all the show (and much of it's audience) seemed to be interested in. It can't have been the comedy or the direction, because it was incredibly average, seen-it-all before stuff.

Top Bottom