• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Eumi

Maybe the Trigger Universe expands even more. Space Patrol Luluco was the Iron Man. The LWA series will introduce the next Trigger Girl and eventually there will be a Trigger Girls Assemble movie. It's happening.

I mean, there literally was a post credits scene.

Although if we're going down this road then I guess that makes Gurren Lagann the X-Men of the cinematic universe. So expect 'totally not gunman guys' robots soon.

Line_HTX

So those films were like an experiment to see if they can get an actual series? How many are there, 2?

If I'm not mistaken LWA should be on Netflix.

sonicmj1

Anyone have an opinion on Banner of the Stars and Crest of the Stars? Any good?

I only watched through Crest, but I think it'd be up your alley. Not so much in the stupid slapstick anime harem humor sense, but because it's a large-scale adventure through a big, fantastical, well-built universe with a nicely developed romance.

Maybe the Trigger Universe expands even more. Space Patrol Luluco was the Iron Man. The LWA series will introduce the next Trigger Girl and eventually there will be a Trigger Girls Assemble movie. It's happening.

Luluco was fine as a Trigger anniversary project, patting themselves on the back and all, but I certainly don't want to see every Trigger work become a setup for the next Trigger work!

Just T

Ushio and Tora: 39

That's a wrap. There are a few things about this season that I found disappointing and underwhelming but I think this was a pretty good finish for the show.

Kagewani s2 doo doo garbage bullshit end

ClujyqeUoAAsAHa.jpg
Cluj0_6UoAAEJEE.jpg
Cluj2dGUoAEH3gi.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Garbage. This is like if Resident Evil 1's sequel was Resident Evil 6. Small scale horror series turns into massive action trash. There's even a fuckin' Tyrant. Also, Naruto. Can't wait for S3 which will be worse. Kuyashi.

Still need to watch the movies. Or should I just wait for the show? If it's just going to be a retelling of those in an episodic way, that'd be kind of sucky.

I wouldn't expect the TV series to reuse specific plotlines from the films. They will likely be brand-new adventures featuring the same characters and setting.

I wouldn't expect the TV series to reuse specific plotlines from the films. They will likely be brand-new adventures featuring the same characters and setting.

Who knows. I want to see more stuff from Trigger, now with Kiznaiver being finished and watching TTGL (I know they weren't Trigger back then). I have the movies at home and have yet to watch them. Luluco also seems to be loved around these parts, I just never watched it because... shorts. So maybe I'll just go on a Trigger binge one of these days.

tuffy

Still need to watch the movies. Or should I just wait for the show? If it's just going to be a retelling of those in an episodic way, that'd be kind of sucky.
The first film's only ~25 minutes long and the second's only ~55 minutes, so there's not a whole lot to retell.

Cornbread78

Netoge- END
yY5SIxr.gif

Pretty good ending with the siege battle for the cultural festival photo opp., but I really liked the comfyness of the middle series episodes better as they dealt with Ako's "condition." I still like the overall tone of the show, as well as, the presentation as they mixed the game world and the real world in realistic fashion and it was really entertaining to watch. I will miss finding out if Ako is cured and/or Russian gives up and accepts their relationship in the real world as well.

Good stuff!

Narag

Who knows. I want to see more stuff from Trigger, now with Kiznaiver being finished and watching TTGL (I know they weren't Trigger back then). I have the movies at home and have yet to watch them. Luluco also seems to be loved around these parts, I just never watched it because... shorts. So maybe I'll just go on a Trigger binge one of these days.

Ignoring short anime
iywttJG.png

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence. You think the version of the ED with finished animation that aired from episode 3 onwards is inferior to the version of the ED that aired in episodes 1 and 2?

Ah no, my bad. I didn't watch the EP as often and somehow thought it might have got its track remixed like the OP (where I dislike the remixed track is inferior). But yeh, doesn't apply for the ED, that's better now.

Ascheroth

Lulucop SEASON FINAL EPISODE FINAL

Sasuga Trigger you magnificent bastards.

Kagewani S2 #13 this should have been over 13 fucking episodes ago

Fuck everything.

I personally recommend finishing TTGL first just to get the Imaishi impression before Trigger.

Line_HTX

Netoge- END
yY5SIxr.gif

Pretty good ending with the siege battle for the cultural festival photo opp., but I really liked the comfyness of the middle series episodes better as they dealt with Ako's "condition." I still like the overall tone of the show, as well as, the presentation as they mixed the game world and the real world in realistic fashion and it was really entertaining to watch. I will miss finding out if Ako is cured and/or Russian gives up and accepts their relationship in the real world as well.

Good stuff!

Ako is beyond saving, yo. Nishimura is better off with Apricot.

Mm-hmm.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 13:

There is an actual Trigger Cinematic Universe and I still do not know how to process this but the series did stick the landing rather well here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
PuPiPo is the best short anime of all time.

Sölf

Anyone have an opinion on Banner of the Stars and Crest of the Stars? Any good?

If you like Space Operas, watch them. I really liked them. And I am really sad no of the other books have been translated into english and that we probably never will see another season of that glodious universe. Lafiel and Jinto are a really great duo with their charactert interactions and the show is also different enough from Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

So, yeah, go watch it. Crest -> Banners 1 -> Banners 2 -> Banners 3

JoJo's Family Bonding 13

That Rohan tease was a bit on the nose but YOOOOOOOOO ROHANS THE BEST

Good episode, hopefully Joseph stans will stop crying now (lol they wont)

Narag

JoJo's Family Bonding 13

That Rohan tease was a bit on the nose but YOOOOOOOOO ROHANS THE BEST

Good episode, hopefully Joseph stans will stop crying now (lol they wont)

I saw on twitter people saying anime only fans were calling his portrayal 'character assassination'. Did they really say that shit?

jman2050

Space Patrol Luluco
Trigger Girls

IMAISHI PLAYED US ALL ALONG.

I kept waiting for the requisite twist ending and I was still somehow surprised, gj Trigger
the studio I mean, lol

Eumi

I saw on twitter people saying anime only fans were calling his portrayal 'character assassination'. Did they really say that shit?

Manga fans have been saying that for a long time.

He doesn't even get it the worst of all the joestar a, but that's very heavy, recent manga spoilers.

I just saw some clip from "Bounen no Xamdou", probably from the first episode, which looked quite interesting. Like the character design and animation. Is that any good? Director doesn't tell me much.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 13:

This episode was endearing in places but also really, really tedious in others and I am glad to be moving past it on the whole.

Cornbread78

Sölf;208238094 said:
If you like Space Operas, watch them. I really liked them. And I am really sad no of the other books have been translated into english and that we probably never will see another season of that glodious universe. Lafiel and Jinto are a really great duo with their charactert interactions and the show is also different enough from Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

So, yeah, go watch it. Crest -> Banners 1 -> Banners 2 -> Banners 3

I can't find Crest anywhere... uugghh. I did find all the Banner episodes though

Line_HTX

I just saw some clip from "Bounen no Xamdou", probably from the first episode, which looked quite interesting. Like the character design and animation. Is that any good? Director doesn't tell me much.

I heard if you liked Eureka 7 you'll like Xam'd.

RIP BOOM BOOM SATELLITES though.

Defuser

Holy shit a LWA tv anime? Trigger saving anime.

I seriously think LWA is very appealing to everyone. Somebody should aired this on tv in the west but not under adult swim, a timing where all kids watches .

phaze

It supposedly goes super awry by the end or something like that I think. Watched ~8 episodes but then my interest just fizzled out.

I heard if you liked Eureka 7 you'll like Xam'd.

lol

Space Patrol Luluco 13
Surprisingly great. An uneven series overall but high points carry it and the short runtime let's you gloss over the less enticing eps. Based Trigger.

Sölf

I can't find Crest anywhere... uugghh. I did find all the Banner episodes though

The thing is, Crest is Season 1. Banner 1-3 are Seasons 2-4 (even though Banners 3 is only a 2 episode OVA that never got released outside of japan). So, you really should start with Crest.

Crest also has 3 novels which tell the same story as the anime, but maybe with a bit more details. Those also got an english release. Sadly, those are the only ones. I would really like to read more from that universe, but it's all japan only. D:

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Holy shit a LWA tv anime? Trigger saving anime.

I seriously think LWA is very appealing to everyone. Somebody should aired this on tv in the west but not under adult swim, a timing where all kids watches .

Seems to be Disney XD for some reason.

Top Bottom