• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

phaze

I forgot to mention this but the line "
People die when they're shot
" got major laughs out of me. Marvelous.

-----

Edit: Oh God this Kabaneri ep...

Jarmel

Banned
I forgot to mention this but the line "
People die when they're shot
" got major laughs out of me. Marvelous.

m7Qiwcx.jpg

#deadlikeablackholeian

Well at least you've got the doujins, which is all the show (and much of it's audience) seemed to be interested in. It can't have been the comedy or the direction, because it was incredibly average, seen-it-all before stuff.

I'm offended. pls shut this thread down!

I going to guess that
a particular character dies
?:p

How is the anime? I enjoyed the manga alot, but didn't really feel like watching the anime heh.

Its the episode that corresponds to the chapter before graduation.

The anime is pretty good music and acting though as a manga reader it didnt really do anything surprising or something to make it a must watch. Its still good and Im buying but its an enjoyable adaptation.

javac

I'm so jealous, our friends over in France get to watch The Red Turtle next week,
not the only reason I wish I was outside of the UK right now.
Super excited to watch it.

Jojo Part 4 13

I didn't enjoy the Chili Pepper episodes very much, they were the weakest of an amazing season so far for me. Now this episode had some creative fun however. I guess I like my Jojo wacky.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What are your five best shorts?
Tonkatsu DJ is way ahead of anything else. Sekkou Boys. Luluco. Teekyu 7. Five doesn't matter. No clear winner. Let's say it is the WUG Zoo commercial I can't understand.

I'm so jealous, our friends over in France get to watch The Red Turtle next week,
not the only reason I wish I was outside of the UK right now.
Super excited to watch it.

Here in the Netherlands I can go see it on the seventh of July, I might wander into French territories to see it sooner though.

When are you guys over at the UK able to watch it?

Eumi

Oh. The little sister in love with her brother. Hooray.

I wasn't a huge fan of Shiraishi, but Rino could very well end up being a downer on this show.

Or she could be great, haven't seen too much of her yet. But man do I hate "Onii-chan" characters.

Thoraxes

Just like I always skipped OPs and EDs. Need to change my view on shorts just like I did with OPs and EDs.

You just need to find one that works for you.

I didn't watch very many of them till Seki-kun came out last year, which was really good. Since then i've started to go through a ton of them.
Space Patrol Luluco
Trigger Girls

IMAISHI PLAYED US ALL ALONG.

I kept waiting for the requisite twist ending and I was still somehow surprised, gj Trigger
the studio I mean, lol

I have a feeling that since
he lives in a different multiverse now,
Nova-kun will eventually get his own show. Believe.

Or a 5th season of Luluco.
ykaw1o9o.gif

But tbh, the humour in that doesn't strike me as being up your alley.
My Yurikuma BD is gonna be here either tomorrow or Monday hyyyyyypppppeeeeeeeeeee
It's bad in the sense that it overreaches and tries to achieve the same emotional highs without being able to work to those points as elegantly in the narrative. The writing falls short, the directing tries to bulldoze it anyway by making those moments FEEL like they should be emotional, but it isn't earned. The ending is a bit of a mess. The animation and production values though are god-tier.

It's not a show where anyone can honestly go "wow that's bad trash, fuck the people who made it", but it's more like "well, that could have been done a lot better if they were more experienced, especially with how good the animation and some of the direction is..."

I'll have to pick up the complete collection for it next holiday sale. It's been on my radar.
This is everything I ever wanted.

People talking about TRIGGER, TRIGGER making good anime, and people looking forward to TRIGGER shows.

LWA.
Good reason to dig out this old relic from some years back (and edited):

Oh. The little sister in love with her brother. Hooray.

I wasn't a huge fan of Shiraishi, but Rino could very well end up being a downer on this show.

Or she could be great, haven't seen too much of her yet. But man do I hate "Onii-chan" characters.

Yeh, her filling that tired trope is disappointing.

Well at least you've got the doujins, which is all the show (and much of it's audience) seemed to be interested in. It can't have been the comedy or the direction, because it was incredibly average, seen-it-all before stuff.
I'm actually pretty impressed with how little the Galko-chan fanbase hides how they like it for anime boobs. I remember all the squealing when the sister and her tits (mostly the latter) appeared in the show.

Jintor

I like galko but its merely okay

I do like the diverse body types of the cast. But it it wasn't a short anime i don't think I would have stayed the distance

I'm actually pretty impressed with how little the Galko-chan fanbase hides how they like it for anime boobs. I remember all the squealing when the sister and her tits (mostly the latter) appeared in the show.

Most of what I heard from the people who liked it when it was airing was how daring it was to have an anime in which girls talked frankly about feminine hygiene.

I like the characters and comedy. Of course I can hardly proof that I'm not jerking off to Galko-chan doujins I guess. I did write down my impressions on some of the episodes, though. Galko's character interaction in particular was really pleasant. She defied being some typical slutty 'gyaru' character and instead was simply this unprejudiced, helpful girl with real good social skills.

Now, of course there is a lot of raunchy comedy and a bunch of fanservicey shots. But I enjoyed the former and the latter are still done way more tastefully than those plentiful trashy shows we get every season. Like, the first couple episodes of Re:Zero are worse in that regard, if nothing else for how out of place it is.

Ascheroth

You just need to find one that works for you.

I didn't watch very many of them till Seki-kun came out last year, which was really good. Since then i've started to go through a ton of them.

I have a feeling that since
he lives in a different multiverse now,
Nova-kun will eventually get his own show. Believe.

Or a 5th season of Luluco.

Wasn't this episode the 5th season? :p

I like the characters and comedy. Of course I can hardly proof that I'm not jerking off to Galko-chan doujins I guess. I did write down my impressions on some of the episodes, though. Galko's character interaction in particular was really pleasant. She defied being some typical slutty 'gyaru' character and instead was simply this unprejudiced, helpful girl with real good social skills.

Now, of course there is a lot of raunchy comedy and a bunch of fanservicey shots. But I enjoyed the former and the latter are still done way more tastefully than those plentiful trashy shows we get every season. Like, the first couple episodes of Re:Zero area worse in that regard, if nothing else for how out of place it is.
I didn't mean to paint everyone with a broad brush, it's just that a lot of the comments about it were about that which I found a bit amusing.

javac

Here in the Netherlands I can go see it on the seventh of July, I might wander into French territories to see it sooner though.

When are you guys over at the UK able to watch it?

It doesn't have a date for the UK and US yet, it's out in Japanese theaters in September however. Sony Pictures Classics have the US film distribution rights and StudioCanal usually deal with Ghibli releases in the UK so I'm hoping that they announce something soon.

Quasar

Well...its not really why I liked the show or Galko-chan. It was probably more about her being not her stereotype and it kind of being a more PG version of SYD.

Russ T

Banned
I'm glad Ushio and Tora is finished so I don't have to watch it any more.

damn

i stopped watching a few eps into this season cause it was just so fucking boring, i didn't care about any of the characters anymore, that one guy went evil for literally no goddamn reason...

still plan to finish but

damn

Cornbread78

I'm all for crude and/or sophomoric humor, but Galko-chan didn't impress me too much. It did have a couple moments, but it was hithe or miss for me overall.

duckroll

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (END)

The entire season was painful, depressing, and hard to sit through. Well made, but hard to watch.

Space Patrol Luluco - Final Season Ep Finale

Really Imaishi? Really? Trigger-chan? Wow. Better ending than Breaking Bad.

[Assassination Classroom S2] - 24
[Tamayura~Sotsugyou Shashin~] - Part 4 Ashita
[Hidamari Sketch: Sae Hiro Sotsugyou-hen]

HLWyEIS.jpg

Watched Hidamari last, and it had a lot o fun in the episodes, but the hit comes when they are not there anymore...

Moaradin

Am I the only one that still enjoys Ushio and Tora? Thought it was a great old school shonen. Looking forward to watching the last episode later tonight.

Just T

Am I the only one that still enjoys Ushio and Tora? Thought it was a great old school shonen. Looking forward to watching the last episode later tonight.
I enjoyed the first season a lot, way more than I thought I would. This second season though just disappointed me a bit, it still had some pretty good moments in there but overall it fell short to my expectations.

I still enjoyed the 2nd season, even if the pacing was strangely rushed and overly slow at the same. The end has really felt anti-climatic with how many episodes it has been spread out over.

Pooya

kabaneri 11

| was like wow the writing in this show so bad, worse than ever before, no way public can be this stupid and easily manipulated. Then I looked at recent events, yeah they can be that stupid.

spot on deep story.

javac

There not much options to buy the two LWA shorts is there?
Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade
Release Date: January 20, 2016
Run time: 194 min
Audio: Japanese 5.1ch dts-HD Master Audio / Japanese 2.0ch Linear PCM
Subtitles: Japanese / English / Chinese / German / Spanish / French / Italian
Format: Two Disc-set (1 BD (50GB), 1 DVD)

Disc Contents:
  • Little Witch Academia 1 (26 minutes)
  • The Making Of Little Witch Academia 1 (66 minutes)
  • Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade (56 minutes)
  • The Making Of Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade (46 minutes)
Physical Extras:
  • Original Soundtrack CD
  • Artbook (100 pages)
  • Leaflet
Price: ¥ 7,870@ cdjapan (USD 75.11)
5IABMyY.jpg

Future Card Buddyfight: DDD [Triple D] ep 13
Impact call scenes still look great. Fantastic match that I thought would be clear runaway for the one I thought would win
surprised Kaido won and not Tasuku Ryuenji!. Baks is going to have to work with Gao Mikado or either we get a losing Gao Mikado

Top Bottom