• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

kewlmyc

Someone posted a YouTube clip of it on here. It's so fucking distasteful and creepy, it's really bad.

I assume this is it?

Well this is apparently the ending with her broken and just mentally gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDQoHhSzbt0

I'm not seeing what the big issue is based off that clip, but then again, this is the only thing I've seen of the show. All I see you typical moe show but with a bear thrown in. I assume the big deal is that the girl's personality in the beginning wasn't "stupid moeblob" and she somehow became that by the end of the show? If so, then yeah, I could see the disappointment.

Dammit, now you guys have me interested in seeing the show just to understand the shitstorm the ending caused.

I assume this is it?

I'm not seeing what the big issue is based off that clip, but then again, this is the only thing I've seen of the show. All I see you typical moe show but with a bear thrown in. I assume the big deal is that the girl's personality in the beginning wasn't "stupid moeblob" and she somehow became that by the end of the show? If so, then yeah, I could see the disappointment.

Dammit, now you guys have me interested in seeing the show just to understand the shitstorm the ending caused.

the whole premise of the show was that she wanted to move to the city because staying in this small town is a death sentence, but she has crippling social anxiety and tries to overcome it episode after episode. At the end she just gives up and decides "hey let's amazing everything" and starts laughing like an idiot petting her pet bear. If the show was a comedy like Gintama most folk wouldn't mind but they put so much of a focus on her attempting to get over her shit and move out it's just... pathetic.

Shounen Maid Episode 11
ClwmPEVWYAAJVa_.jpg:large

Welp

Good episode and the mom got more speaking lines.

Loved all the characters showing up, this could have been a good ending episode too.

Wanderer5

Noooooo at AX there the panel with the Mob Psycho 100 premiere and a panel with Trigger around the same time on that Sunday! D:

Ugh, the Trigger fan in me will probably win out lol, but I got time to think.<.<

Blue Exorcist panel with Kazue Kato earlier on sunday too. Yep going on that day lol.

Dennis

Banned
Is Flying Witch worth watching?

Wrapping up Mayoiga and Kabaneri.

Have Kiznaiver lined up but need at least one more show.

Man, 50-60 episodes of Pokemon XY later and I think Serena > Misty

She's definitely the best Pokemon girl. Ash needs to stop being such a dummy!

Quasar

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Movie 2 - Well that was a mess. And some pretty dumb battles with ships flying through the air or acting like subs. At least I got more Takao.

Kind of wondering who he met at the graveyard. His mom? Iona?

Aki-at

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 38

I do like myself a good transformation scene but a shame
Bebop and Rocksteady don't do much more in the fight

Some brilliant comedic moments with the Elric brother's acting ignorant on the identity of the two Central soldiers though. Also happy to finally see Scar interacting with the main group again.

Assassination Classroom - 19

One of my favourite moments in the manga was
Korosensei telling Karma and Naigisa to enjoy their space trip but Naigisa saying he means more to them than teaching material.
Not quite the same impact but still an enjoyable episode.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 13

OH MY GAAAAAAAWD

Joseph Joestar continues to be best Joestar.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Stride Gate Episode 30 (engdub)
Clw1M2QWIAAlKAv.jpg:small
Clw6Af3XIAAFKmR.jpg:small

Wow this Taiyou x Chrono episode was awesome. So many good Chrono scenes, the usual drama with Taiyou ( I love it), and then even a touch of the same sort of drama with Shion.

Looking forward to Hiroki v Taiyou, Taiyou ought to level up.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 12

Yuri is definitely going to be the new Shion/Yuu. The one everyone wants to get a performance, but never gets a chance to shine despite more than deserving it. Tsubasa is getting a lot of development. Arguably more than Hime. Didn't see her being the student council president coming. Unlike Hime who was born a goddess, Tsubasa actually had to work to get where she is. And her passion was still stolen out from under her. A cruel world. It feels like they're going somewhere with her, but it's probably my imagination.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Can't say I expected Anime: The Video Game to end up on the Wii U. It's good, but I refuse to believe this is a Nintendo published game. Kiria is best idol there thus far. Hm, Kiriya is the best idol in Aikatsu. Coincidence? I think not.

blurr

Tonkatsu DJ is way ahead of anything else. Sekkou Boys. Luluco. Teekyu 7. Five doesn't matter. No clear winner. Let's say it is the WUG Zoo commercial I can't understand.

Yea, I've been reading a lot of good stuff about those. I've seen Sekkou Boys, it was fresh and hilarious but I still prefer Galko-chan over that.

I'm actually pretty impressed with how little the Galko-chan fanbase hides how they like it for anime boobs. I remember all the squealing when the sister and her tits (mostly the latter) appeared in the show.

Most of what I heard from the people who liked it when it was airing was how daring it was to have an anime in which girls talked frankly about feminine hygiene.

Yep. The show didn't make it seem funny in a derogatory sense. The topics were either gross or embarrassing generally but also part of our lives, it acknowledges that and maybe makes a good joke in the process. It wasn't only about hygiene though, there were episodes focusing on stereotyping and relationships as well which were interesting to watch while not exactly, extra-ordinary. Honestly, the most charming show I've seen after Lucky Star which was years ago but how many shows out there rely on those topics of humor but also don't come off as (entirely) 'fan service-y' or 'derogatory' when viewing.

You know when they always depict that jail bait character in anime and it turns out she's like 30 in anime years. It happened to me once now that I remembered.

I was in Mexico, tending to a shop. A girl comes in to see what's for sale. At the time I was 17. This chick looked 18, very pretty. Light skin, curly hair, petite. Really flirty and such. Her mom shows up too later on. Turns out, the girl wasn't 17. She was actually 29 and a PE teacher. Man I was legit shocked. Her mother called her a "comeaños" which translates to year-eater. Cool lady and her daughter was fun too.

Anyways, anime is real and shit like that actually happens, where everyone is shocked to see the loli looking chick to be 30 something years old.

Moaradin

Luluco 13

Ms. Trigger? LWA tease? 10/10

Assassination Classroom 24

Didn't think a show about a octopus monster teaching a classroom of kids would get me to cry, but here we are.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Harmony

Beautiful film unfortunately marred by heavy-handed exposition and a flippant portrayal of suicide I can't really condone. I'd say the writing's most redeeming quality is subtly criticizing modern Japan's attitude with regards to its warcrimes and treatment of mental health. Still, that's only a single scene in the film. The rest of it had a tendency to repeat itself, without really advancing on its core messages. We know Miach has a warped perception of life, then we see why that is.... but then what? Instead of moving forward with the revelation that
emotional dissonance is what begets consciousness, if I'm reading it right
, we instead are treated to vaguely lesbian imagery and lots of breathtaking vistas. I find it hard to believe I'm actually writing this but I had a thought while watching the conclusion and it was: "End of Evangelion did this better."

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Uchu Patrol Luluco 13
WE ARE NOT WORTHY!
Goddamn, all this times it's actually Miss Trigger origin story all along!
Dat Little Witch Academy tease!
:Bow :Bow

Can't say I expected Anime: The Video Game to end up on the Wii U. It's good, but I refuse to believe this is a Nintendo published game. Kiria is best idol there thus far. Hm, Kiriya is the best idol in Aikatsu. Coincidence? I think not.

Kiria has the same seiyuu as Eli from Love Live. Tiki has the same seiyuu as Ichigo from Aikatsu. This game is the best.

Sölf

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Movie 2 - Well that was a mess. And some pretty dumb battles with ships flying through the air or acting like subs. At least I got more Takao.

Kind of wondering who he met at the graveyard. His mom? Iona?

Read the manga. It's so much better. Especially since it has all that political backstabbing.

Rainy

Banned

No lie this game is great...

ibyea

Banned
Kiznaiver: 9
I hate to say this, but I found it hilarious this ludicrous amount of melodrama happened from a love pentagon. That said this was so effectively done I like this episode overall.

Line_HTX

I'll be sitting here waiting for the Kiznaiver finale to go live. Don't let me down.
I'm wondering what Sonozaki is going to do to the whole city...

I will miss the OP and thank you Boom Boom Satellites for everything.

Is Flying Witch worth watching?

Wrapping up Mayoiga and Kabaneri.

Have Kiznaiver lined up but need at least one more show.

Yes, Flying Witch is a must watch. Arguably the best chill show in a long while. Double episode finale tomorrow as well.

ibyea

Banned
Kiznaiver: 10
Can't believe how much my opinion of Niko has changed from the beginning. She is actually the most mature of them all in some ways. She is the one that took the initiative to restart her friendship with others in the group, willing to overcome the terrible situation from last time and see that good have come from them being together. Heh, it's actually making me reflect on a falling out I've had and whether I should have been more like Niko. This hit home a lot closer than I expected.

The bulk of the episode was the horrific tale of the experiment gone wrong and why Katsuhira is the way he is. Gotta tell you, that final moment when he finds and realizes what happened to some of his friends from back then, made me feel stuff.

Harmony

Beautiful film unfortunately marred by heavy-handed exposition and a flippant portrayal of suicide I can't really condone.

Are you talking about the children and teenagers being prone to committing suicide in that current society?

Because that part really didn't make much sense to me. Children and teenagers go through a lot of changes and may make more rash decisions, sure, but that they'd be more likely than adults to feel out of place in that society when their philosophical thinking isn't nearly as developed and they'd just be easier to manipulate by and adapt to society in general anyways. This idea that they can just kinda sense that something's awry seems weak.

That this extremely medically advanced, totalitarian state is then not even capable of identifying those troubled kids in time seems also rather contradictory.

Quasar

Tamayura - Graduation Photo 4 - So thats it. The End. Terribly sad I am that thats the final visit to those characters and town. Overall I found this final season, the four double episode movies quite moving. Certainly brought up a lot of personal feelings for me, quite a few regrets.

I guess the one surprise was that they announced a wedding, but never went and used it. But then its about the girls and their graduation and the wedding of side characters. Of course the tragic death of Matsuki Miyu made that impossible anyway.

And so my favouite iyashikei, and one of my favourite slice of life shows, rides off into the sunset. Farewell Potte and friends. Would so watch a
Potte/Shihome
show.

duckroll

Are you talking about the children and teenagers being prone to committing suicide in that current society?

Because that part really didn't make much sense to me. Children and teenagers go through a lot of changes and may make more rash decisions, sure, but that they'd be more likely than adults to feel out of place in that society when their philosophical thinking isn't nearly as developed and they'd just be easier to manipulate by and adapt to society in general anyways. This idea that they can just kinda sense that something's awry seems weak.

That this extremely medically advanced, totalitarian state is then not even capable of identifying those troubled kids in time seems also rather contradictory.

That's not how I saw it. My read is that children are by nature rebellious and many go through phases where they reject the norm and try to act out. In the "perfect" society presented in the setting, things have just adjusted to the point where suicide is the popular "out" for kids wanting to act out and reject society. Unlike taking drugs or smoking though, suicide is kinda... permanent. >_<

Just T

Bungou Stray Dogs: 12

Finished this up, I think the last couple of episodes it had were definitely a step up from how it was going. It was nice to see the horrible comedy take a step back, plot still isn't anything special but the action had some nice points. It can still be entertaining but the comedy and some of the characters hold it back.

Overall disappointing.

Top Bottom