• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Cornbread78

Konosuba OVA
Ep.9 was more visually lewd with fanservice, but this OVA was more lewd with concept & application, lol. "Break it off, break it off already!" Poor girls being subjected to that pervert's whims. That bath, that lap pillow, those confessions!!!
Needless to say, I was dying laughing the entire time and the ending was great. This is going to be a long wait until S2!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kiznaiver's problem is that I expected everyone to get an arc, and basically only Katsuhira, Sonozaki and Honoka got detailed backstory.

Cornbread78

(Yeah, guess it's time to stop lurking and start participating. After months reading some of your opinions (thanks for Rakugo and Luluco!), the only thing I could do now was to join the discussion.

So... any room for some new blood?).

44795420.gif

Welcome brotha, bring your friends. But you have to answer this first for AnimeGAF
OK, just Cornbread's, lol
acceptance.

1) What are your thoughts on SAO
2) What are your thoughts on Key
3) What is your favorite anime

Go...

Aki-at

Kiznaiver - END

A very by the numbers ending with a typical power of friendship message at the end leaves much to be desired. I'll give props for the show looking nice through out and some lovely shots in there but overall the story took a nose dive in the last couple (few?) episodes that brought it from a great show to a good show.

Sonozaki's motives were stupid, the Kiznaiver system itself was a boring and uninteresting plot point and so an episode that focused on both (Which I feel are the weakest thing going for the it) meant the finale was weaker than what we could have gotten.

Still any enjoyable show, a great cast of characters with some great scenes and animation through out but just trips at the final hurdle. Overall would recommend a watch 7/10

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nico got screwed over in the end. Nico is the best so the ending sucked.

John Blade

tumblr_mz8w9gxDNZ1sz6ufao2_500.gif

Welcome brotha, bring your friends. But you have to answer this first for AnimeGAF
acceptance.

Go...

Your Gif didn't work.....you need to fix it.

Also, both show aren't something I am interested in as it's a different taste of mine. Also, those are landmine show which I so not interested in getting into it.

Cornbread78

Your Gif didn't work.....you need to fix it.

Also, both show aren't something I am interested in as it's a different taste of mine. Also, those are landmine show which I so not interested in getting into it.

Hey, we have to start somewhere, lol.

I added a new one, stupid mobile..

Nico got screwed over in the end. Nico is the best so the ending sucked.

She did, but we have a good potential OVA opportunity with a Chidori x Nico brawl, lol.

There's some potential there.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yoshiharu is a better character anyway and it seems that Nico will get paired with him because pairing the spares here.

gargles

welcome gargles. let us not scare you away with our metatalk and calling your favourite anime shit

But isn't anime a mistake and, by default, shit? If so, guess it's not a big problem. At least that's what I've been told.
And thanks!

44795420.gif

acceptance.

3) What is your favorite anime

Go...

1) So... yeah, it's that one with Asuna and VR and... no, pass. I remain neutral here. Haven't seen it and it's not on my list;
2) Again, pass. Absolutely nothing to say here. Sorry.
3) Oh, this one I can answer: Evangelion. Before I explain why it is my favourite anime, I have to say I've started entering this "world" half a year ago. Sure, I knew most of the mainstream names. Watched Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Pokémon and Naruto, to say some. And also watched both Persona 4 adaptions (that Golden one... oh boy). But that was it... until I watched Steins;Gate. A friend of mine told me to (now, the roles have reversed). And that's where it all started. Now? Following a good amount of shows per season. Yeah, I'm doomed.
Back to Evangelion. Knew it was famous and that it was a reference. But I sure wasn't expecting something like that. It gave me a good headache before an important exam but man, it was worth it. Those last episodes, that damned End of Evangelion... Marvelous. Now, I've joined the wait for 3.0+1.0. Want some answers after that 3.0. I'm (not) ready.

So, have I passed or have I passed?

Again, I like Kiznaiver, but the only romance in it that feels semi-earned is Yuta and Maki.

The others feel like dumb teenage crushes that are just taking shape.

I actually wish they pushed the romance aspect a bit more into the background in the finale. It should have ended focusing more on how they were all friends.

kewlmyc

Konosuba OVA
Ep.9 was more visually lewd with fanservice, but this OVA was more lewd with concept & application, lol. "Break it off, break it off already!" Poor girls being subjected to that pervert's whims. That bath, that lap pillow, those confessions!!!
Needless to say, I was dying laughing the entire time and the ending was great. This is going to be a long wait until S2!

6 months isn't that bad.

kewlmyc

Again, I like Kiznaiver, but the only romance in it that feels semi-earned is Yuta and Maki.

Weird, because that feels the least genuine of the couple that happened. The other two couples have a background going, while I can't really think of a reason why Yuta likes Maki other than her tits.

Konosuba OVA
Season two needs to hurry. Megumin the best :'v Kazuma is how all harem lords should be, none of that innocent BS, grossed out by the opposite sex thing that other male leads have.

KraytarJ

I actually wish they pushed the romance aspect a bit more into the background in the finale. It should have ended focusing more on how they were all friends.
I hated how in the first 3/4 of the show the romance stuff was implied and worked great as a result. We didn't need Tenga to say he liked Chidori, we knew that. We didn't need Yuta to say he like Maki, we knew that. We didn't need Chidori to say she liked Kacchon, she did anyway and that relationship was boring anyways. When the romance stuff started to be talked about explicitly the amazing cast that had been created turned into the boring love web where every scene involving Tenga was now about how he liked Chidori and hated Kacchon for treating her badly and the amazing relationship that was built between Maki and Yuta was ignored until the end credits so we could focus on the less interesting relationships that KEPT BEING TALKED ABOUT. I don't get how that show contained so many amazing episodes yet it ended on such a lame note, it felt like it was written by two separate groups of people.

I hated how in the first 3/4 of the show the romance stuff was implied and worked great as a result. We didn't need Tenga to say he liked Chidori, we knew that. We didn't need Yuta to say he like Maki, we knew that.

Plenty of people were baffled at those reveals tho, especially Nico and Tenga

KraytarJ

Plenty of people were baffled at those reveals tho, especially Nico and Tenga
That's fine that they talked about it. What bothers me is how that's all they talked about after that chart came up. After that point it felt like all that mattered were the romantic relationships and that's all that was talked about and the show just became about unrequited love and the relationships that were developed over the point of the show fell apart (for pretty good reason to be fair) and as a result the main 7 outside of Kacchon felt tertiary and pointless when they were what made the show great.

It's kind of a shame how the show glossed over the impact of Tenga's awfulness. In the real world he'd probably be under trial for assault. Here no one ever really calls him out for it, he's never particularly repentant, and he gets rewarded with romantic interest from a character that never cared for him before and he actually acted incredibly creepy towards.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless 12

A warm ending to a warm show. I would have liked if romance had been a little less of the focus in this final episode, but I can't complain too much. Integrating the OP into the end like that was a good way to finish. I really liked how confident the show was in its slow pace and long held shots to the very end. There was a strong emphasis on scenery in this final episode, and I have to complement the director for creating an urban environment that is almost as attractive as the natural environment of Non Non Biyori. In animation, it's a lot more rare to have good looking backgrounds of man-made structures as compared to good looking backgrounds of nature, but this show did it. The characters were pleasant, worked well together, and there was a quiet creativity to the execution of the comedy that made the series a consistent joy to watch. I'm sad to see it go.

Just T

Yeah unlike Chidori, I didn't really have much of a problem with Tenga in the beginning until he went off on Katsuhira. He was insufferable, hypocritical and a bitch that episode.

Yeah unlike Chidori, I didn't really have much of a problem with Tenga in the beginning until he went off on Katsuhira. He was insufferable, hypocritical and a bitch that episode.

Thats because he has trouble dealing with Katsuhira's lack of emotion and general attitude. Still shitty of him yes but he didn't do it on a whim

Just T

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable: 12-13

Found the fight with Chili Pepper a bit boring but it's great to see the best JoJo again. I thought the latter episode was way better and had some nice bonding moments with Joseph and Josuke.

Thats because he has trouble dealing with Katsuhira's lack of emotion and general attitude. Still shitty of him yes but he didn't do it on a whim

That'd be more understandable if there were actual consequences for his crime. Instead it's mostly handwaived away and everyone forgets about it even though it's the type of thing he should be ostracized and criminally charged for. I don't know many people that could watch someone savagely assault a "friend" because of some creepy romantic obsession and then not really care about it as they talk about the power of friendship soon after. The idea that Chidori doesn't think he's scum and is instead becoming interested in him is pretty hard to believe.

The show should have toned down his actions if they didn't want to properly address the outcome of them. If they want to maximize the drama of that moment they need to make good on it, otherwise it's just shitty writing that conveniently forgets the impact of previous events and makes all the characters involved lesser for it.

Cornbread78

Excellent gif there, Kiritobread, hahaha

I can't think of what shiw that's from though, lol.

6 months isn't that bad.

True, but good/fun comedy is hard to come by.

But isn't anime a mistake and, by default, shit? If so, guess it's not a big problem. At least that's what I've been told.
And thanks!

1) So... yeah, it's that one with Asuna and VR and... no, pass. I remain neutral here. Haven't seen it and it's not on my list;
2) Again, pass. Absolutely nothing to say here. Sorry.
3) Oh, this one I can answer: Evangelion.

So, have I passed or have I passed?

Lol, well, you pass the test, mo harm can come to you, lol. Well, well change those answwrs soon enough, lol. Time to watch SAO, Clannad, Angel Beats, Kanon(2006) etc, lol.

Seriously though, if you even needs recs of oldet stuff to watch, just give us a genre ir tell us what your interested in watching and we'll do the rest.

Season two needs to hurry. Megumin the best :'v Kazuma is how all harem lords should be, none of that innocent BS, grossed out by the opposite sex thing that other male leads have.

This is very true, lol. Broken as hell but does what he wants and no fucks were given, lol.

Aki-at

I would have been okay with Katsuhira and Sonozaki being the only couple at the end.

Even when I think about these two... why did they like each other again? Their teen personalities seemed to conflict with each other through the narrative and it amounted to nothing more than I liked you as a kid in the end because you were so caring!

Just T

Yeah I get that he doesn't like his attitude but they knew from the beginning that he was a little off emotionally and like you said it was still a shitty thing to do. I'm glad Yuta said something in the gym though cause getting mad at Katsuhira for not going after Chidori then acting like a deer caught in the headlights when he's put in the same situation merely moments after that was awful. Beating Katsuhira up because he won't act the way you want him to towards the girl you like is illogical (I know he was mainly venting frustrations but still ) and then saying he didn't completely forgive Katsuhira in the last episode just made it worse lol just piss off then.

Even when I think about these two... why did they like each other again? Their teen personalities seemed to conflict with each other through the narrative and it amounted to nothing more than I liked you as a kid in the end because you were so caring!

Cuz they're literally bound to each other. They both hardly show emotion or signs of caring either, so its somewhat hard to tell. Regardless, I thought it was pretty clear that Katsuhira cared more about Sonozaki then anyone else, though.

Aki-at

Cuz they're literally bound to each other. They both hardly show emotion or signs of caring either, so its somewhat hard to tell. Regardless, I thought it was pretty clear that Katsuhira cared more about Sonozaki then anyone else, though.

Oh I'm not disputing that, I should have been clearer I know the two like each other.

I'm just kind of thinking it was a bit too simple (Sonozaki because she was always alone and Kauuchon because of childhood memories of her empathy) I can't remember if the relationship was really expanded in any other way.

Quasar

(Yeah, guess it's time to stop lurking and start participating. After months reading some of your opinions (thanks for Rakugo and Luluco!), the only thing I could do now was to join the discussion.

So... any room for some new blood?)

Yes. New blood is always welcome.

Glad to see you liked Flying Witch.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anne Happy Episode 6

Did she just shoot that bear in the head before shooting the tranquilizer darts?

gargles

I can't think of what shiw that's from though, lol.

Lol, well, you pass the test, mo harm can come to you, lol. Well, well change those answwrs soon enough, lol. Time to watch SAO, Clannad, Angel Beats, Kanon(2006) etc, lol.

Seriously though, if you even needs recs of oldet stuff to watch, just give us a genre ir tell us what your interested in watching and we'll do the rest.

Although I have quite a lot of shows to watch on my list, I appreciate those reccomendations. And to be honest, I have no idea what to watch next, besides Jojo Stardust Crusaders and this season's shows (though two of them will end today). I had some names on my mind, such as Planetes, Ping-Pong or Shirobako. I'm up for (almost) anything.

Yes. New blood is always welcome.

Glad to see you liked Flying Witch.

With those Kiznaiver episodes, having some comfy doses of Flying Witch helped to ease all the pain and suffering caused by Trigger's show (although I loved every single bit of it). Such a likeable cast of characters, such lovely exteriors, such pleasant music. And most animes would benefit with a Kei to react to any event. It reminded me of Kyon, which was a good sign. I'll miss it.

Just T

Flying Witch: 11

Anzu sure knows her pancake history haha. This was a really good episode, the whale scenes were great.

One Piece 747

holy crap one piece has bad OPs and they only make a new one once every year

anyway im shocked that somehow one piece has the worst pacing of any shonen adaptation yet still does filler arcs. Filler arcs at this point in the story hardly make any sense, Luffy just beat the shit out of Doflamingo and now he got trapped by some no name guy with a silver devil fruit. I can't even imagine what the filler will be like after he beats Kaidou. Yes Luffy you may have beaten an immortal, undefeatable monster who is at least in the top 5 most powerful living people in the world, but now you have to face the true fear of my milk devil fruit

Although a filler arc about luffy and bart adventures sounded cool for three seconds

Mokoi

Banned
idk if relevant, but heard this song recently.
https://youtu.be/6tu4wWSbnIs
The start was bothering me because I knew I fucking heard something that sounded familiar. Was cleaning up my cd collection to see what I hadn't ripped yet, and found what song I was thinking of.
https://youtu.be/7Dj1QYHir4A

The ost for that show is ace, but dropped that show for some reason. Not sure how it turned out just kind of remembering not liking the direction it was going in. Guess it's time to pick it up again, so I find out why I wasn't liking it!

Thoraxes

Mayoiga - 12

Greatest love story ever told.

idk if relevant, but heard this song recently.
https://youtu.be/6tu4wWSbnIs
The start was bothering me because I knew I fucking heard something that sounded familiar. Was cleaning up my cd collection to see what I hadn't ripped yet, and found what song I was thinking of.
https://youtu.be/7Dj1QYHir4A

The ost for that show is ace, but dropped that show for some reason. Not sure how it turned out just kind of remembering not liking the direction it was going in. Guess it's time to pick it up again, so I find out why I wasn't liking it!

Oh wow.

Top Bottom