• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Even though it is a couple of simple notes played in repetition, that is still crazy and I wonder if there is a possibility that it was heard by that band or a studio person sourcing for music.

I once heard a Nikon commercial that had music way too similar sounding to the Persona 4 "We are living our lives" song.

Honey and Clover 4

OwCO8F3.jpg

Noitamina: classy anime since 2005.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Finding a short actress in Japan.
The problem is that you have to make her small compared to all the other characters.

ixp1Uktl.jpg

Can't really find a good picture of the Japanese cast at the moment, but that's the Taiwanese cast. But she doesn't really seem small enough if you use the anime as the template.

w2D5cQ1l.png

That's a really baffling decision. I can't figure out why Umino went that route.
It's been so long since I've watched the show so I can't remember anything about it, but I imagine it was part of the comedy.

studyguy

Finished Aldnoah Zero and I have to say I knew like in the last few minutes of episode 12 that I'd hate the rest of the season to come but did it anyway.

Eh... it just all felt so much more promising initially.

Rainy

Banned
Finished Aldnoa Zero and I have to say I knew like in the last few minutes of episode 12 that I'd hate the rest of the season to come but did it anyway.

I forgot how terrible the second season was until you reminded me. Chills thinking about it.

kewlmyc

Finished Aldnoah Zero and I have to say I knew like in the last few minutes of episode 12 that I'd hate the rest of the season to come but did it anyway.

Slaine deserved better. Should of just went AWOL with Princess Lemons.

Rainy

Banned
Tanaka-kun 12

A part of me wanted Shiraishi and Tanaka to get together somehow but I knew it wouldn't happen. Shiraishi is my favorite character though!

Loved this show a lot, was such a good watch every Saturday, especially after how tense Kiznaiver was every week. Gonna miss it. (Any chance of a second season?)

Trojita

Cornbread, have you ever watched Infinite Ryvius? I was wondering if you could look in on that as a title for the "Let's watch Anime OT".

It's Lord of the Flies in space. That's pretty much the best way to describe it.

I haven't watched it in awhile and I'm trying to think if it had anything explicit. Anyone remember if it does or not? I'm thinking it doesn't have anything too mature for a book chosen to be read in High School, but I'm not sure.

Qurupeke

I would have been okay with Katsuhira and Sonozaki being the only couple at the end.

I would have been okay with Katsuhira and Chidori...

Sonozaki was an awful person. What Basileus777 said about Tenga applies even more on her. Both Chidori and Nico got the short end of the stick. Chidori's romance was a large focus on the early-mid episodes, so it sucks that it ended on her awkwardly accepting Sonozaki... The worst thing is that Katsuhira barely cared about her. Other than the monologue on the balcony, I don't think he's done anything to make her feel better. And I won't forget how he dumped her in the middle of her confession.

Sonozaki was an awful person. What Basileus777 said about Tenga applies even more on her. Both Chidori and Nico got the short end of the stick.

Welcome to every triangle (or polygon) romance ever, someone is going to get the short end of the stick.

Unless it ends in a polyamorous relationship...

Rainy

Banned

Sonozaki was an awful person. What Basileus777 said about Tenga applies even more on her. Both Chidori and Nico got the short end of the stick. Chidori's romance was a large focus on the early-mid episodes, so it sucks that it ended on her awkwardly accepting Sonozaki... The worst thing is that Katsuhira barely cared about her. Other than the monologue on the balcony, I don't think he's done anything to make her feel better. And I won't forget how he dumped her in the middle of her confession.

Oh believe me, I wanted Katsuhira and Chidori to get together, but by the middle of the series they made it clear that wasn't going to happen, so I kinda gave up hope. Prepared for that disappointment! And I pretty much agree with what you said there.

Ascheroth

Usio to Tora #36-39 (End)

While this second season certainly had a weak start, probably because it skipped over a lot of things, the last two thirds were absolutely fantastic. It definitely profits from watching it back to back, as I might have been a bit annoyed at the amount of 'interruptions' during the last fight as well, if I only had an episode a week, but watching it all together I can say that everything had its place and came together and interwined in amazing ways.
I teared up a couple times during the finale.

On a whole I'd give it a 8/10, brought down from a 9/10 only because of the first couple weak episodes of the second season, that would have benefitted from another cour, but it is what it is.
Still, if someone wants to watch a great old-school hot-blooded shonen show, it has my recommendation.

Trojita

Knights of Sidonia - Episodes 1 & 2

It's still going to take a little bit of time to get used to this CG.

So about that third gender. What do they use to pee out of? Do they just have a urethra and that is it before they transform?

Line_HTX

I love how they treat darkness. It's really hard to choose, even Aqua is great but alas megumin is best for me :v

Also, why Kiritobread? Imma call him Maizpan :v

Oh, because he's the biggest SAO person I've ever seen ever since he started his watching spree last year. It's like he's the best Kirito user in the Dengeki fighting game, hahaha

Damn, didn't know you liked the worse Nico.

ibyea

Banned
Again, I like Kiznaiver, but the only romance in it that feels semi-earned is Yuta and Maki.

The others feel like dumb teenage crushes that are just taking shape.

I actually wish they pushed the romance aspect a bit more into the background in the finale. It should have ended focusing more on how they were all friends.

Haha, yeah, like I said before, the ludicrous amount of drama that happened in episode 9 due to the dumb crushes made me laugh.

Nico got screwed over in the end. Nico is the best so the ending sucked.

Nah, she got a group of friends she has always wanted. I'm glad Chidori and Tenga got their resolution as well.

She's better off without Tenga. You should feel sorry for poor Chidori having Tenga forced on her by the writers to end with clean pairings.

Feel sorry for Chidori for being with someone who clearly cared about her? That doesn't make sense.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kiznaiver end
That was good. Feel a bit rushed though, a couple more episode will surely help, but i guess this will do. Kizna system was abolished, everyone becoming friend with each other, Katsuhira got his pain back and well, becoming chummy with Sonozaki. Tenga might has a chance with Chidori, so, too bad for Nico, but eh, she deserved better. Nico still winning the best girl status with her mature attitude despite her bubly persona.

This show really nail it in lightning and character expression. That looks when Katsuhira feel his pain properly after a long period of not feeling any pain was great. I also like how they manage to almost perfectly adapt Shirow Miwa design into anime version. That was cool.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Episode 13:

In retrospect, maybe attacking a school filled with highly skilled students was not the best way to achieve the desired results for the League of Villains. So ends the first season of this particular series and it seems a decent stoppage point for such a break. My ambivalence toward the series continues as the execution has been on point these past few episodes but the likes of Deku and Bakugo are just bloody awful to name one example. Indeed I suspect the debate around this series will be raging well into the AOTY voting with little resolution. It seems almost improbable that this became the series to argue over but I was not surprised given the sheer amount of hype fermented upon it by both the manga fanbase and the likes of FUNImation and it just didn't have the chops to deliver at this stage and patience was not a virtue in its favor. We shall see if the next season can truly offer up a redemption from the blandness of this season now that things have been established.

petran79

Banned
I watched also Kiznaiver, but in one run.
Probably one of the richest character expressions I've seen in recent years. Could have been better but then it would require double the episodes.

Also reminded me never to read user reviews again. Initial episodes were so much bashed that I thought this would be one of the worst series ever. So I forgot about the series till today.

But having watched previous Trigger productions, even Ninja Slayer, this series should have been on my watch list from the start.

Qurupeke

The first episodes weren't terrible, but they were confusing and had a mixed reception. We didn't know what the objective of the whole experiment was(actually, I'm still not sure about that lol), people weren't too hot for most of the characters because they were too stereotypical and we didn't know what would follow next. And it seemed to lean more towards the drama than the comedy.

I still remember Jarmel's comment "Breakfast Club meets Saw". lol

Top Bottom