• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

So I think I've mentioned this before but I never really got a feel for how others feel.

How many of you think Danganronpa 3's gonna be a fucking trainwreck. Because I have zero hope (eh? ehh?) for it but I have no idea if that's just me being cynical and crazy or what.
The staff isn't promising and everything Danganronpa related is worse than what came before it.

Instead of what I'll watch I point out things I have no intention of watching, its easier that way for me:

Active Raid S2
Berserk
Battery
B-Project
Cheer Danshi!!
BINAN KOUKOU
Days
momokuri
mob psycho 100
Scared Rider XechS
TSUKIUTA

So I think I've mentioned this before but I never really got a feel for how others feel.

How many of you think Danganronpa 3's gonna be a fucking trainwreck. Because I have zero hope (eh? ehh?) for it but I have no idea if that's just me being cynical and crazy or what.

I want it to be good since it is the only way we will be seeing the Danganronpa trilogy's ending. But me wanting it to be good doesn't mean it will be. I am a little scared.

Re:zero 13

This episode was amazing. I absolutely loved Subaru getting called out and beaten down. I can't believe anyone would dislike this happening, as he has always seemed like a entitled little MRA under it all. Now he can actually grow as a person.

The clear answer is everything before this adapted one arc specifically: The Golden Age. This is the first adaptation going beyond that. But it's also cutting things out and got downgraded since the original preview... so thanks 4C I guess

Studio 4C has nothing to do with the new Berserk TV anime. The animation is being done by GEMBA and Millepensee.

This episode was amazing. I absolutely loved Subaru getting called out and beaten down. I can't believe anyone would dislike this happening, as he has always seemed like a entitled little MRA under it all. Now he can actually grow as a person.

My problem wasn't with him being beaten and told he is an insufferable prick. My problem was with the things he did and said on this episode, specially towards the end.

Narag

I doubt reality checks will be enough for me to find it bearable considering how I utterly detest the "Seigi no Mikata" kind of stuff. lol

It comes from a decent place in the show as that childlike pov comes from childhood trauma and can ring hollow given how often it's challenged or via some hypocritical actions of the MC.

Andrew J.

Summer watchlist

Prisma Illya 3rei - Gimme that mahou shoujo sakuga
Masou Gagkuen HxH - I indulge in trashy fanservice shows every other season or so
Mob Psycho 100 - OPM was my AOTY, so this is a must-watch
Regalia - Robots!
Shokugeki S2 - Loved the first season. Hope Megumi gets to show off her stuff more!

Continuing with DiU, Kuromukuro, and Macross Delta.

Ascheroth

My problem wasn't with him being beaten and told he is an insufferable prick. My problem was with the things he did and said on this episode, specially towards the end.

I absolutely loved that scene.
Especially when Emilia said "I can't understand if you don't explain." while Subaru was in pain of trying to explain but being unable to.
I love how there is no way for Emilia to understand why Subaru is so insistant on helping her, besides the fact that he likes her, because that reason just doesn't exist in this timeline and he has experienced so much more time together with her then she with him.
And then he just broke at the end.
He was lashing out out of frustration, desperation and helpnessless and it just made everything so much worse.

Instead of what I'll watch I point out things I have no intention of watching, its easier that way for me:

Active Raid S2
Battery
B-Project
Cheer Danshi!!
BINAN KOUKOU
Days
mob psycho 100
Scared Rider XechS
TSUKIUTA

Seriously? Some of these are my most anticipated for this upcoming season. How could anyone not want to see cheering boys?! or Scared Rider XechS?!

gargles

Re:Zero - 13

Subaru made this episode painful to watch. Although some of his behaviours can be explained with his "ability", dealing with the knights and with Emilia like that was cringey and turned him into an insufferable character. Hopefully this is his lowest point and he will redeem himself on the next episodes. As long as he maintains his mental sanity, that is. Perhaps it's time for a reset.
Felt was great with her speech and I'm looking forward for some Reinhard and Julius action. Overall, this wasn't a bad episode (kudos to White Fox for skipping again the OP and ED). But Subaru... maybe he needs to die.

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou - 12 (END)

Now this was a fitting way to end this "season". Agetarou still has a long way to go but so far, he's doing great. Good episode, good show. Season 2 when?

Yeah, he continued to act like a prick. But I don't think the show expects you to like him for it, so I don't have a problem with it. Unlike a typical shonen hero, who would ignore his love interest requests and be rewarded and successful at it, he showed himself to be a complete failure. It doesn't matter what he wants to do for her, he's a selfish person who ultimately thinks he deserves her love as a reward due to his actions.

Mailbox

Tanaka-kun 7-12(END)

That was good. Only complaint is that we didn't see enough of the sisters or the WcDonalds worker (I legit liked her a lot). Episodes felt good and paced well with good stories. Last episode was a good end, even if ships didn't sail.

Actually scratch what I said about 1 complaint, I have another: I really disliked the writer's use of Echizen. Every time they tried to make her embarrassed around Ohta it felt wrong. Its probably because of how they introduced her character and her relation to Miyano. They really should have just not done that at all imo. Any moment she was on screen other than those moments was quite nice though.

So yeah, Recommended to those who haven't watched it. Good show. Just be warned that you may end up listless yourself after binge watching because that's how I feel right now. I legit don't wanna do anything right now, but I have other anime to catch up on.

:)

Mailbox

Is it just me, or do videos look slightly better on Crunchy's Windows app than they do on the site? I feel like there's less artifacting there.

maybe its just me.

Sölf

I hope not. I do like the story of those games and if they have no restrictions it could turn out to be pretty cool. I am not sure if I will watch that already, because I haven't beaten Ultra Despair Girls yet and I am pretty sure the anime will spoil some of the stuff from that game.

Battery looks good, I went a whole season without any homoerotic sports metaphor shows. That's just too long.

I was really looking forward to it and then I heard it was amazon prime exclusive. I live in Canada....
FUCK

I asked Amazon CS and they said 2017 soooo it will be a 2017 anime :/

Eumi

Good to see I'm not the only one doubting Danganronpa. Considering how often I put the games together it'd suck if D3 was crap after getting apparently a good ending for Zero Escape in ZTD.

It's a shame 999 never got an anime or even manga adaptation. I've thought about it before and there are a bunch of interesting things you could do with that.

Summer Watch List (RS = Read Source Material)
91Days
Amaama to Inazuma (RS)
BERSERK (2016) (RS)
D.Gray-man HALLOW (RS)
Fukigen na Mononokean
handa-kun (RS)
Kono Bijutsu-bu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! (RS)
Mob Psycho 100 (RS)
momokuri (TV) (RS)
Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin (RS)
NEW GAME! (RS + Where my current Avatar comes from)
Orange
QUALIDEA CODE
ReLIFE (RS)
SHOKUGEKI NO SOUMA: Ni no Sara (RS)

May Pick Up
TABOO TATTOO
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan (TV)
Rewrite
Amanchu!

Mailbox

The animation or the game?
Idk about the game, but the anime will suck for sure. The First game's anime was a horrid repetitive mess so I don't expect this to be any different.

Sölf

Good to see I'm not the only one doubting Danganronpa. Considering how often I put the games together it'd suck if D3 was crap after getting apparently a good ending for Zero Escape in ZTD.

It's a shame 999 never got an anime or even manga adaptation. I've thought about it before and there are a bunch of interesting things you could do with that.

You really think that wouldn't result in another 12 episode anime with cut content everywhere?

Line_HTX

Crunchyroll been having some Flying Witch vs Real Life comparison.

Love the cafe comparison. The real life location is part of the Fujita Memorial Garden in Hirosaki city.

ae91433b455dd8575f72d9cdace027511466730297_full.png

549d7b48fbb3c3ae20209349e70b6db81466730402_full.png

21c04b08259a7519156c4e6cfab782411466730487_full.png

4e3f45007d19e9ae9b975c2b854bb91f1466730378_full.png

Damn, now I want to spend a few days over in that town! Haha

kewlmyc

Definite Watch at least first episode:

Berserk
DanganRonpa 3
Tales of Zestiria the X
Mob Psycho 100

Pick up if it gets good word of mouth:

Everything else

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess I would feel more sympathetic with Subaru if literally any of the things that had happened to him in the lives where he died had some kind of relationship to the way he was behaving. If, for example, shouting a lot at a royal selection ceremony was somehow related to an actual known or perceived threat, for example, but basically he just spent the episode making increasingly stupid loud anime-protag boasts that eventually came back to bite him in the ass.

So, the guy directing the new Berserk anime is Shin Itagaki, who directed....the Devil May Cry anime and Ben-to...

...Well I liked Ben-to.

I would love it if it was as someone mentioned, and he attempts to kill himself or if he dies in the midst of this madness of his thinking he'll be able to reset all of the events that happened, and then realize that the spawn point is directly after the scene in which he screams at Emilia.

I would love it if it was as someone mentioned, and he attempts to kill himself or if he dies in the midst of this madness of his thinking he'll be able to reset all of the events that happened, and then realize that the spawn point is directly after the scene in which he screams at Emilia.
A friend on twitter and me were saying the exact same thing.

It would be perfect.

Mailbox

Haven't actually watched the latest episode just yet, but if what I'm hearing is right, then that would probably be the best way to actually go since it would enforce better character development. Doubt it will happen though.

javac

This weeks Blu-ray and DVD releases in the US for 06/28/16.
Blu-ray
Den-noh Coil: Collection One [Maiden Japan]
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ rightstuf.com: $52.49
DVD @ rightstuf.com: $44.99
IZ1DCkh.jpg

Love Live! The School Idol Movie [NISA]
Run Time: 99 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Price:
BD @ rightstuf.com: $41.24
qdeVXZY.jpg

Selector Infected WIXOSS: Season 2 [FUNimation]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0 / Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0
Format: Four-disc set (2 BD, 2 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD @ rightstuf.com: $48.74
Xzo1cW8.jpg

Wagnaria!!3 Volume 01 [AoA]
Run Time: 166 min
Audio: Japanese: LPCM 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (2 BD)
Price:
BD @ rightstuf.com: $69.98
9hNwbKv.jpg

Yurikuma Arashi: The Complete Series [FUNimation]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1 / Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0
Format: Four-disc set (2 BD, 2 DVDs)
Price:
BD @ rightstuf.com: $48.74
0mEs5jB.jpg

07/02/16:
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky - Blu-ray [Collector's Edition, Export Version] [Bandai]
Run Time: 70 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Subtitles: English / Japanese / Chinese / French / Korean
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ rightstuf.com: $89.99
ZZBB1bz.jpg

DVD
A Wind Named Amnesia [Discotek]
Run Time: 80 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: One-disc set (1 DVD)
Price:
DVD @ rightstuf.com: $16.22
YXAYaFp.jpg

One Piece: Collection 16 [FUNimation]
Run Time: 625 min
Audio: English 5.1 Surround / Japanese Stereo
Format: Four-disc set (4 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ rightstuf.com: $26.24
ed5Wysz.jpg

Pilot Candidate: Complete Series [Discotek]
Run Time: 325 min
Format: Two-disc set (2 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ rightstuf.com: $25.97
fjz3L6f.jpg

Soul Hunter: Complete Series [Discotek]
Run Time: 650 min
Format: Four-disc set (4 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ rightstuf.com: $32.47
cWQvZoY.jpg

Cornbread78

ReZero ep.13
I have no idea how to feel about that episode. Subaru sounded like a fucking idiot and screwed everything all up. I understand he cannot explain himself, however with no reset, he really fucked shit up..

zulux21

ReZero ep.13
I have no idea how to feel about that episode. Subaru sounded like a fucking idiot and screwed everything all up. I understand he cannot explain himself, however with no reset, he really fucked shit up..

im hoping the end was just a new side effect of the curse.

and to be fair if it is, there isn't anything to say he doesn't realize this and then actively kill himself to try to fix things.

we will have to see.

A friend on twitter and me were saying the exact same thing.

It would be perfect.

Haven't actually watched the latest episode just yet, but if what I'm hearing is right, then that would probably be the best way to actually go since it would enforce better character development. Doubt it will happen though.

I think it will happen. Subaru goes way over his head with things because he knows he can try again. Remember how calm he was when he was told he was cursed 2 or 3 episodes ago? He is getting desensitized to death, I think he needs a reminder that relying on this ability has consequences. Thus far, his checkpoints have been "safe", resetting everything that is bad to a neutral state, giving him enough time to fix things. He needs to respect this curse, and his love for people is the perfect thing to pick up on to make him learn. They have to have him reset with a completely pissed off and disappointed Emilia at this point, there is no other way of redeeming his character.

If they reset him to a time prior to it, I'd be extremely disappointed. Not having him reset would be ok, but he'd still be relying on the mechanic later on, if what I said is correct and he truly is getting desensitized towards the whole thing.

I honestly don't see anything besides Mob Psycho for summer that looks good

I mean D.Gray-Man hallow covers great material from the manga and from the different PVs it looks great! Orange and Food wars too.

And I can assure you that Tales of Zestiria the X will look really good.

Sounds like I need to pick this show back up then. He always felt like a character for all the "nice guys" out there watching the show to associate with.

Top Bottom