• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou 12 END

This is about as good of a finale for the show as you could expect. Brings in most of the characters who have shown up throughout the series, and touches on both the tonkatsu and DJ parts of the title, as well as the theme of a new emerging generation of DJs. Loved the voice for the time stamps as well. As cheap Daichi comedies go, this is one of the better ones.

Cornbread78

- Watches 300 animes
- Is a family man
- Has two jobs
Dammit Cornbread stop making me realise how much a failure of a man I am.

I coach soccer and I'm a director for the Board responsible for over 1,000 kids every season as well.

Seriously though, there are a lot of pluses and minuses to the way my life is, so aspire to live your life the way yoi want to and do the best you can, lol. I also got very lucky with my job situation, but it's a ticking timebomb at the same time, unfortunately.

I don't even like cornbread all that much.
I'll take that moist bread cake thing from Louisianna any day of the week.

I'm crying... Don't be mean to me...

Cornbread with melted butter and chili is great stuff...

damnit cornbread stop making me reevaluate my assumptions of you, it's bad for my mental stability

Seriously, what were your assumptions of me? I'd actually love to hear it for kicks.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Latest episode of Re:Zero was not great.

Less whiny Subaru please.

It was great in a bad way. It was a real painful episode to watch, but I think it's because they portrayed how pathetic he was really being. Him being a whiny/clingy person is what led to this last result. I don't know what I'd prefer at this point though, since it was a pretty brutal break-up, either Subaru killing himself to fix everything which would indicate he's a complete psychopath or just him wandering about. My real hope was that Purple Hair Knight would kill him, but alas, he did not get that escape. It even sounds like that's what Subaru was fishing for when he first woke up.

Can't wait to see where the show goes from here. Wasn't expecting this angle.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cornito was a hero before learning how great he was. Just like Kirito he's a family man and a hard worker. Would never cheat or beat.

Space Patrol Luluco 01

Shorts are like regular anime, except they are sped up by 3x. This is my first short, it's fun. It's also got the Trigger feel to it which is cool. I dig this.

Jintor

i thought we were in a cajun situation where you just happened to have a job with a lot of downtime to watch anime in

cajun was a truck dispatch operator if i recall correctly. lol.

Aki-at

I coach soccer and I'm a director for the Board responsible for over 1,000 kids every season as well.

Seriously though, there are a lot of pluses and minuses to the way my life is, so aspire to live your life the way yoi want to and do the best you can, lol. I also got very lucky with my job situation, but it's a ticking timebomb at the same time, unfortunately.

I was joking in the last post about being a failure but after every single revelation post after post.

You're the god damn Batman, aren't you?

PS. The position of Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is open, plz save us Cornbread from seppuku.

I miss Cajun. We need more positive people like him and cornbread to counteract all of our negativity.

If cornbread leaves we'll just end up murdering each other with sarcasm.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
i thought we were in a cajun situation where you just happened to have a job with a lot of downtime to watch anime in

He's better than Cajun ever was.
I miss Cajun. We need more positive people like him and cornbread to counteract all of our negativity.

Thats a pretty Dank view, dont you think?

Me when animeGAF explodes:

HTcPDWq.gif

Cornbread78

Cajun was my senpai, lol.

I work for a very large national company by day and we had a very down year last year until the 4th quarter, so I had a ton of time to watch and still stay on top of eveything. It's been a lot busier since then, so it's been tougher. It also helps that my boss and team are located in NYC.

I just hope corporate didn't screw up our market position through poor predictions, as it sounds like they did for 2017.. That could lead to more pain, lol.

Aki-at

Cornbrexit will be terrifying.

Cajun was my senpai, lol.

I work for a very large national company by day and we had a very down year last year until the 4th quarter, so I had a ton of time to watch and still stay on top of eveything. It's been a lot busier since then, so it's been tougher. It also helps that my boss and team are located in NYC.

I just hope corporate didn't screw up our market position through poor predictions, as it sounds like they did for 2017.. That could lead to more pain, lol.

Works for a large company... by day.

I was just joking when I said you were Bruce Wayne you know Σ(゜д゜;)

Space Patrol Luluco 02-03

These are bite sized episodes that you can just watch here and there. 3 episodes of this were basically the same length as 1 normal anime episode.

Cornbread78

Sorry, I've said too much and torn things off topic, which I'm sure is angering a few. I was just explaing myself..

BTW, Servant x Service has been a lot of fun through 5 episodes! I love the adult setting and themes!

Narag

Macross Δ 12

that ending lol nooo :(

Sorry, I've said too much and torn things off topic, which I'm sure is angering a few. I was just explaing myself..

I don't think anyone gives a shit about the occasional aside, it's when it stretches into weeks, welp

Jintor

Space Patrol Luluco 02-03

These are bite sized episodes that you can just watch here and there. 3 episodes of this were basically the same length as 1 normal anime episode.

short anime are great and i'm still miffed crunchy doesn't have a seperate category for them

seriously crunchy, get on that. i should probably actually tweet at them or send a support email or something.

John Blade

BTW, Servant x Service has been a lot of fun through 5 episodes! I love the adult setting and themes!

The show is good and you might like how it goes once you get closer to he end. I would look at the manga as that is the better ending then the anime and it concluded the final match which isn't finish in the anime show.

short anime are great and i'm still miffed crunchy doesn't have a seperate category for them

seriously crunchy, get on that. i should probably actually tweet at them or send a support email or something.

Like I said before I never paid attention to shorts. What I may do now is just let them finish airing and binge them at the end of the season, to fill gaps whenever I am bored or before bed. In Luluco's case I love how fast and snappy it is, while maintaining that Trigger style of character design and wackiness along with a silly plot. I also love how it is using elements from other Trigger shows aha.

Cornbread78

and here i am about to be travel for a month around se asia and then be unemployed for the foreseeable future

Do it!

Seriously, I'll say just 1 more thing. I started my family very young and never "lived my 20's," as they say. If you have the time/money to do it, enjoy the hell out of it while you can! I'm jelly, lol.

Aki-at

Tanaka-kun is always listless - 5

The misunderstanding in this show are the best, I'd lie if I said I haven't imagined some of my friend's sisters as female versions of themselves haha.

The long pauses in this show always makes me think the internet is buffering but they do their job well. Hope Shiraishi gets what she wants, I'm definitely rooting for her.

Just T

Netoge: 12

Hmm didn't really like most of this last episode tbh. Overall though this turned out to be a really fun show with some humorous characters.

ReZero: 13

Wow, Subaru sure fucked that up.

Assassination Classroom S2: 24

They delivered on this episode, well done.

Jintor

if you can afford it it's great, i highly encourage it. if you can't afford it you're probably getting deported and that's bad automatically probably

Macross 7 - eps ~10-21

Holy shit, this entire show is about unfortunate timing. There's the girl who's missed her chance to give flowers 21 episodes in a row, the baddies always arriving and interrupting concerts, the baddies getting called away before Basara can finish his song, people walking into rooms at awkward moments, Silva hearing Basara's song or the alarm sounding before she can take Mylene's spiritia, etc.

It feels weird that I'm almost halfway through the series and I feel like I'm still waiting for it to really start.

So glad that there's ~3 songs in rotation now. I woke up this morning with Planet Dance stuck in my head.

ReZero 13

That escalated itself didn't it. To see Subaru stoop so low as to say that Emilia "owes" him? Buddy she doesn't owe you anything. Was the reason why he did all those things as petty as this? To have her pay him back? Man what shit episode. The show may have just lost a point or two right here. Sure Subaru was annoying but he tried hard because of everyone else, there wasn't a single selfless bone in it. Or so I thought.

She owes him a shit ton, most of the main characters in that show owes Subaru a great deal cause of the amount of times he have died to right things (whether or not he was doing it for selfish reasons it benefited them} For one thing Emilia wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for Subaru, neither will felt nor the old man. I think his frustration comes from the fact that he wants her to know but cant say and that he has obviously spent a shit load more time with Emilia than she can ever know. Shes known him for a month, by this point he must have known her for 9 maybe 10 months, that's a big gap. Anyways i loved this episode, in episode 12 i sort of thought it would lead to this and it did.

Top Bottom