• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

RyanW

I can't stop thinking about Instant Action. All they really need to do is add Blast to it and they have the best of everything. To me they can take their time with the rest.

nillah

Banned
Dengar looks like he just came out of the shower and walked onto the battlefield with that towel on his head. Real fresh.

Palpable

Ahaha This game has turned into a bad joke. It has more maps, cards, and heroes now - yet far less of a soul. It is broken. They failed to balance a damn thing. Matches begin before anyone even loads into the fucking room. Half of the sabotage maps are unbalanced as hell. Disruption is yet another cowards way out of death. Explosive shot still exists. Bacta bomb overshield still exists. Cloud cars are complete and utter garbage. Consistently being put on the losing team and KEPT on the losing team during scramble (always paring me with the trash players). Uninteresting playlist set up yet again. They didn't learn their lesson with Outer Rim. The Imperial and Rebel commanders pronounce Nien like they've got speech impediments. Shock grenade makes me want to find the dumbfuck who came up with it and all who use it so I can beat the living fuck out of them. No 'quit' button during pre game lobby and no player count list either. They are further fucking this game into oblivion with every update. Sad to say, but save for a few things, the base game was better. It just should've come with all the DLC's from the beginning. Fuck EA's business model and fuck DICE for constantly breaking the game with coward bitch power ups and star cards. I probably have more hours logged into this game than many of you combined, and I am truly disappointed in what this shit has become.

Also noticed the TIE fighter model on the menu screen has been replaced (haven't seen it in forever).

somme

Well, it's not as bad as all that. ^^

I do wish they'd make Cloud City appear less. I still haven't played all the maps; 95% of the time it's that one.

Tubie

Ahaha This game has turned into a bad joke. It has more maps, cards, and heroes now - yet far less of a soul. It is broken. They failed to balance a damn thing. Matches begin before anyone even loads into the fucking room. Half of the sabotage maps are unbalanced as hell. Disruption is yet another cowards way out of death. Explosive shot still exists. Bacta bomb overshield still exists. Cloud cars are complete and utter garbage. Consistently being put on the losing team and KEPT on the losing team during scramble (always paring me with the trash players). Uninteresting playlist set up yet again. They didn't learn their lesson with Outer Rim. The Imperial and Rebel commanders pronounce Nien like they've got speech impediments. Shock grenade makes me want to find the dumbfuck who came up with it and all who use it so I can beat the living fuck out of them. No 'quit' button during pre game lobby and no player count list either. They are further fucking this game into oblivion with every update. Sad to say, but save for a few things, the base game was better. It just should've come with all the DLC's from the beginning. Fuck EA's business model and fuck DICE for constantly breaking the game with coward bitch power ups and star cards. I probably have more hours logged into this game than many of you combined, and I am truly disappointed in what this shit has become.

Also noticed the TIE fighter model on the menu screen has been replaced (haven't seen it in forever).

You probably need a break from the game (and most other multiplayer shooters) if people using star cards is making you rage so much.

MADGAME

I'd like to reiterate my thoughts from yesterday. The loading for the next round needs to be changed. Currently they are loading the next round on the player summary screen, and when the next round starts players can instantly join. This is bad because sometimes you need to switch guns or hands depending on the game type. While you do that, others are already in the game heading toward objectives and hero pickups. Even if you mash start as fast as possible (like I do), there are still already people in there. This indicates some load before others (maybe faster connection?). There needs to be a brief delay so everyone has the opportunity to start at the same time to keep it fair.

PSA: if you forget to leave the game on the summary screen and move on to the next game, you can quit without joining by pressing options then quit.

Non-important but weird: Your in-game kills are higher than the summary screen kills. I think the in-game count is including the assists, while the summary is not.

Dude, you've got a 5.4KDR and 717 hours played. Maybe you need to take a break from online games for a few weeks. Play something relaxing or nothing at all.

somme

Just some other thoughts.

Seeing as we play 2 fighter squadrons in a row, maybe the matches should be up to 300.

And Blast doesn't go on long enough. One match of that and it's back to Cloud City.

pacman85

lol wow go outside.

He kinda has some points.

I hate the Bacta Bomb spamming and Disruptor BS too.

And i agree with the playlist stuff.

But im not sure how they could fix that. I mean the Outer Rim Maps are made for less players. So you cant throw them together and call it a day.

A Server Browser maybe could fix that. But it seems like the Bespin Maps wouldnt fit 40 players etc.

Im really getting worried about the Deathstar DLC in terms of player count. Since the last Free Map the game hasnt really seen some proper new Maps or Modes for the max player count of 40 players and it annoys me.
Battlefront should be all about the big stuff. But still the small game modes get way more care.

I hope they bump the player count to 50 or 60 for Battlefront 2 and concentrate more on big modes. A proper Conquest mode would be something, no more Partner System. Give me Squads etc.
Basicly grab some ideas from Battlefield. It really wont hurt the game. Gunplay etc should stay the same, it fine (let the haters hate).

MADGAME

Description of upcoming BO-Rifle

zn6mfk3a1v4x.png

MrDaravon

Yes, I finally got my Slave I kill for the trophy! Shit was ridiculous, I probably have at least 20 Falcon kills :/.

Also tfw 4 of your 6 contracts are Sabotage-related and it takes over an hour for it to come up and then you still don't get them done

So this is what happens when Walker Assault comes up after two (fully populated) Sabotage matches:

80SJ2HG.jpg

I really hope that it has to do with the Hutt contracts and everybody leaving to play Sabotage again, but I fear for the worst.

Yes, I finally got my Slave I kill for the trophy! Shit was ridiculous, I probably have at least 20 Falcon kills :/.

Also tfw 4 of your 6 contracts are Sabotage-related and it takes over an hour for it to come up and then you still don't get them done

You can select which mode you want to start with by pressing the square button on the Bespin playlist.

MrDaravon

EE-4 is love. EE-4 is life.

So this is what happens when Walker Assault comes up after two (fully populated) Sabotage matches:

80SJ2HG.jpg

I really hope that it has to do with the Hutt contracts and everybody leaving to play Sabotage again, but I fear for the worst.

You can select which mode you want to start with by pressing the square button on the Bespin playlist.

So far I've only seen mass exodus when Fighter Squadron comes up. Walker Assault on Bespin continues to be fucked, I was on a goddamn baller team, got probably almost the most Y-Wings I've ever seen in WA ever, and we only got it down to 10% which is way better than I've seen happen so far. It needs adjusting, I think it's a combination of the AT-AT has a bit too much health, AT-ST's can easily reign supreme on that map, and while there's a lot of cover spawns can make it so it's very difficult to get to a spot where you can actually hit the AT-AT as the Rebels. Reminds me of the fuckery that occurs on Forest Moon of Endor in the first phase as the Rebels where if you die 99% of the time it spawns you way in the back of the base where it takes literally two full Y-Wings to even get out of the base to try to shoot the AT-AT; Bespin isn't nearly that bad, but it's a similar issue.

Also I'm an idiot, I had no idea you could select which mode you wanted to play >_>. Do you stay in that mode, or is it just inserting you into a game that's in the overall Bespin playlist that happens to be in your selected mode at the moment?

somme

Do you stay in that mode, or is it just inserting you into a game that's in the overall Bespin playlist that happens to be in your selected mode at the moment?

You go back into normal rotation.

And I was on a rebel team that won Walker Assault on Cloud City. It was close, and it's only happened once but it did happen.

Just bought it on PC (18$ is a nice price :>). Any tips for a newbee? :)

Buy and upgrade jump pack as soon as you unlock it. Don't be afraid to try out all the guns until you find a favourite Bc they're all situational. Don't be afraid to use charge abilities, you will literally be able to fully stock everything once you've unlocked mostly of everything

Also have fun! :)

Palpable

You probably need a break from the game (and most other multiplayer shooters) if people using star cards is making you rage so much.

People using star cards in general doesn't make me mad. People spamming the overpowered pussy garbage star cards gets me frustrated.

Dude, you've got a 5.4KDR and 717 hours played. Maybe you need to take a break from online games for a few weeks. Play something relaxing or nothing at all.

I've not played much at all compared to the last several months. Taking a break or not won't change the fact that 95% of players are garbage and abuse overpowered shit.

The whole point of balancing is to put good players on bad teams, so that sounds like it's working.

So I should be punished and consistently losing because I'm good? This is a team game. I can't win matches by myself.

lol wow go outside.

I didn't know they let kids on this forum.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
As an explosive shotter, I'm pretty sure they have increased the heat generated while using explosive shot, I have found myself over heating much quicker than normal while using it.

Palpable

Just bought it on PC (18$ is a nice price :>). Any tips for a newbee? :)

If you use explosive shot, berserker, bacta bomb, shock grenades, scatter gun, or the disruption card, then you will always be trash and never gain skill. Relying on those cards is for pussies.

Palpable

You're telling him how to play and the dude hasn't even gotten his feet wet.

Like, let him make those decisions, bro.

Not telling him how to play, telling him how not to play. If anything, you're telling him how to play with your reply "explosive shot".

Oynox

Don't encourage people to play like ninnies. We need to eradicate those types from the gene pool, not spread them.

What is wrong with you? Let him play as he likes and let him discover things as he likes... "eredicating types from the gene pool" does not sound like a good idea at all man, I have bad memories about that concerning the history. Step back from the game, seriously, or at least stop those nonsense postings, please! Everybody may play as he likes and has fun with the game, no matter what others think of him!

Besides of that, telling someone what he should NOT do results most of the time in him doing exactly those things....

Gothos, since you will unlock things step by step anyway there is enough time to try most things and find your favorite. If you get killed by some sort of star cards or weapons as often as you are annoyed by it, try them as well and figure out if they fit to your playstyle as well. That is the way I did it.

Palpable

Cause Explosive Shot is THE BEST

I dunno man... That might upset GOOD PLAYERS.

I understand you're trying to get a rise out of me. Not sure what I did to you personally. Perhaps it's your own insecurity of feeling attacked because you use pussy cards? It's no wonder the tournament holders ban charge cards and dlc cards. Anyway, lighten up buddy. I did nothing for you to be so hostile towards me :)

What is wrong with you? Let him play as he likes and let him discover things as he likes... "eredicating types from the gene pool" does not sound like a good idea at all man, I have bad memories about that concerning the history. Step back from the game, seriously, or at least stop those nonsense postings, please!

lmao what?

Toa TAK

Banned
I understand you're trying to get a rise out of me. Not sure what I did to you personally. Perhaps it's your own insecurity of feeling attacked because you use pussy cards? It's no wonder the tournament holders ban charge cards and dlc cards. Anyway, lighten up buddy. I did nothing for you to be so hostile towards me :)
Naw dude.

Have you taken a step back and seen your posts lately? You've come in acting upset like the game has personally bitch-slapped your mom throwing a temper-tantrum and complaining. Then you expect us to have a dialogue with you after that? You're acting silly over nothing and a few users here have already made that clear to you. It's great that you do well in the game and you offer us your opinions on it, but saying childish shit like "uninstalled" doesn't get me riled up to start a real conversation. You're presence has been read as hostile to many people here whether you want it to or not.

Take a step back and breathe dude. It's still just a game, and we generally have a fun time in this community. No need to go mucking that up for us.

Palpable

Naw dude.

Have you taken a step back and seen your posts lately? You've come in acting upset like the game has personally bitch-slapped your mom throwing a temper-tantrum and complaining. Then you expect us to have a dialogue with you after that? You're acting silly over nothing and a few users here have already made that clear to you. It's great that you do well in the game and you offer us your opinions on it, but saying childish shit like "uninstalled" doesn't get me riled up to start a real conversation. You're presence has been read as hostile to many people here whether you want it to or not.

Take a step back and breathe dude. It's still just a game, and we generally have a fun time in this community. No need to go mucking that up for us.

Yeh dude.

You think that voicing my opinions about cards is somehow wrong? Do you really think this game is 100% fair and balanced in all aspects? The developers are not the be all end all on balancing and implementation on what works & what doesn't. They make mistakes. If my posting one word "uninstalled" is enough to rile you up to where you had to even mention it, then you have deeper issues at hand that no one here can help you with. Good luck with that. Ever since this dlc came out, the game has been in a worse state than before. If you think I'll sit back bent over and not voice my opinions against it, you're wrong. I love this game and I hate to see it go to shit. People get frustrated. If you cannot understand that, then I don't know what to tell you. Also, you must not have paid much attention to prior pages/threads. If you think I complain, then you're blind. I'm also preeeeety sure I've actively encouraged many of us on PS4 to play together. Some have taken me up on that offer and we do pretty well. How about you? Have you ever taken me up on it? I don't think you have.

Bottom line; if my posting opinions on how the game has declined recently bothers you, then ignore my posts. Someone who says they don't like certain things shouldn't "muck up" a community for you. That's an inner battle you've got to deal with on your own.

LoveCake

Really like Bespin however even after the update I am having issues with the Hutt contracts not unlocking :mad:

Anyone else having these issues?

Mandalorian Strength Unlock: Reach level 3 on any trait card 5 times.
I don't seem to be able to reach level 3 on any trait, it flashes up 'trait level 2 reached' then it flashes up 'trait level 2 reached' again after a few more kills!

Slugthrower II Unlock.
Shock Blaster issue, it goes to 14/15 then when I play and make some kills with the Shock Blaster and check again it is something like 7/15! It never seems to show as completed it must have gone around five or six times already!

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeh dude.

You think that voicing my opinions about cards is somehow wrong? Do you really think this game is 100% fair and balanced in all aspects? The developers are not the be all end all on balancing and implementation on what works & what doesn't. They make mistakes. If my posting one word "uninstalled" is enough to rile you up to where you had to even mention it, then you have deeper issues at hand that no one here can help you with. Good luck with that. Ever since this dlc came out, the game has been in a worse state than before. If you think I'll sit back bent over and not voice my opinions against it, you're wrong. I love this game and I hate to see it go to shit. People get frustrated. If you cannot understand that, then I don't know what to tell you. Also, you must not have paid much attention to prior pages/threads. If you think I complain, then you're blind. I'm also preeeeety sure I've actively encouraged many of us on PS4 to play together. Some have taken me up on that offer and we do pretty well. How about you? Have you ever taken me up on it? I don't think you have.

Bottom line; if my posting opinions on how the game has declined recently bothers you, then ignore my posts. Someone who says they don't like certain things shouldn't "muck up" a community for you. That's an inner battle you've got to deal with on your own.
Here's my bottom line so we can put this to rest:

There's always a better way of going about it. If you have issues or opinions to voice that's not a crime, that's why we are here. But there's a better way of initiating a dialogue, and your way as of late hasn't been it.

Palpable

Here's my bottom line so we can put this to rest:

There's always a better way of going about it. If you have issues or opinions to voice that's not a crime, that's why we are here. But there's a better way of initiating a dialogue, and your way as of late hasn't been it.

Ah, Mr high and mighty here telling me how to initiate conversation when he's been trying to get a rise out of me with his smart-ass comments. Alrighty then!

A word on the playlist situation from Dennis

Hi guys,
Obviously we're not trying to be ignorant about your preferences and requests - we're fully aware that some of you would prefer a way to play only your selection of modes for the new maps and we want to give you as many options as possible. We can't split the community up with multiple unique rotations for each DLC - it's going to snowball immediately to where players can't find each other, especially in less populated regions/platforms.
However, we are looking into options where you can select what modes of the DLC you wish to play on and only match you into those modes. Then, if a mode you don't want to play on pops up, we'll move you into a server that's running something that you wanted to play on, saving you the annoyance of having to quit out and start a search manually. Ideally, partners and parties would all follow along. I think the OP's post suggested something similar. While I cannot promise anything just yet, early developments are pretty positive.
One of the benefits of running a playlist for the DLC's is that it allows us to not feel hampered by the themes of the locations we're working on, due to a specific mode needing to go on all maps we're making. This made it possible for us to make a Walker Assault map for Bespin, since there's no way to get the AT-AT's into the Carbonite-Freezing Chamber or on top of the platforms in the Administrator's Palace. If it wasn't for the playlists, we couldn't have made this possible, since obviously a map rotation consisting of only a single map isn't very fun (we learned that from Turning Point on Jakku).
Either way, I really appreciate constructive threads like this. I really want to find a great solution that allows everyone to feel like they're playing what they want to play, without splitting up the Season Pass community.
Dennis

From the official forums

People using star cards in general doesn't make me mad. People spamming the overpowered pussy garbage star cards gets me frustrated.

Nothing against you, but with such high K/D you probably abuse lots of stuff too.. probably Heroes and AT-AT right?

Something like this pisses me way more off than the annoying star cards

Palpable

Nothing against you, but with such high K/D you probably abuse lots of stuff too.. probably Heroes and AT-AT right?

Something like this pisses me way more off than the annoying star cards

I rarely get heroes and I use the AT-AT to keep rebels off the uplinks. The AT-AT is easily avoidable anyway. It's cone of destruction is very limited.

J_Viper

I don't understand why DICE doesn't take the COD approach and automatically match players up by the DLC they own, instead of the asinine separate playlist approach where you end up in modes you'd rather not be in.

I don't like WA, yet I'm forced to play it because that's the only way to play on these maps that I paid for. Does no one in DICE LA have a functioning brain?

I rarely get heroes and I use the AT-AT to keep rebels off the uplinks. The AT-AT is easily avoidable anyway. It's cone of destruction is very limited.

I would argue a huge cone of death while you're invincible is also unbalanced especially with the layout of some maps (hoth and sullust especially). This game has always had balancing issues and new content can come out slightly busted occasionally.

Calling people out and bellittling them for using equipment you don't like just makes you sound childish, especially with the way you've been posting lately. You just need a break from the game and try to just have fun playing it. This community of people still enjoy the game obviously and is hate to see you burn out and quit it over something small like this.

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't understand why DICE doesn't take the COD approach and automatically match players up by the DLC they own, instead of the asinine separate playlist approach where you end up in modes you'd rather not be in.

I don't like WA, yet I'm forced to play it because that's the only way to play on these maps that I paid for. Does no one in DICE LA have a functioning brain?

I've been saying this for a long time. I don't get it either.

Even in COD, no one really cares to play through the DLC playlist when the DLC drops.

Top Bottom