• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

leng jai

Man I'm tempted to buy the PC version, should look glorious on my 1070. The Ultimate Edition is $55AUD right now - the season pass by itself for PS4 is $76...

Obviously the main concern is population - even on PS4 here it's not that easy to find a game unless you're during peak hours.

MADGAME

Holy shit. Kyle Katarn's blaster!

Actually both guns are from the Jedi Knight series. Awesome to see them take something from such a good series.

Yep, super pumped and hope they are worth using!

Also, is that a Y-wing pickup I see??

ywp_zpsn98xx1ut.jpg

Nemic77

Fuck. Yes.

One of my favorite blasters from back in the day.

Edit: So the Rebels look like they get the Tantive IV skin for more than just the Leia Honor Guard. I guess that means two skins per side for this release: Rebels get pilots and Tantive troopers, Imperials get officers and DS gunners. Pretty sweet!

From the background videos at the DLC site, it seems that the new Imperial customization options are also in - different paldron colors, from what can be seen. Dunno what else is being added.

Edit: Ripped footage from the site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqgdo_B7sEs Maps looking good.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Fuck. Yes.

One of my favorite blasters from back in the day.

Edit: So the Rebels look like they get the Tantive IV skin for more than just the Leia Honor Guard. I guess that means two skins per side for this release: Rebels get pilots and Tantive troopers, Imperials get officers and DS gunners. Pretty sweet!

My concern is that, like SWBF2 back then, I'm gonna see way more of these schmucks in places where they shouldn't be e.g. other maps.

A very minor nitpick on immersion though.

Parts of the map look exactly like BF2's Death Star map, very cool!

Is that planet in the background Geonosis, or Sullust? Looks like it could be either.

Sweet lord... The Death Star DLC is really shaping up to be pretty damn awesome. Hope it plays as well as it looks!

I'm also glad they're apparently changing up the bacta bomb to not immediately give you the extra 30hp. And, the incoming Leia buff is welcome too!

Palpable

Would the Death Star technically have its own gravitational field? While it is massive, it is mostly hollow with corridors, hangars, etc - not a solid filled mass like a moon or planet.

WillyFive

The cartooney and oversaturated planet looks out of place with the rest of the assets, but it looks good.

Would the Death Star technically have its own gravitational field? While it is massive, it is mostly hollow with corridors, hangars, etc - not a solid filled mass like a moon or planet.

xdQzI2d.jpg

It will definitely have less natural gravity than an actual moon it's size, but the design of the Death Star itself as a sphere (instead of simply a bigger star destroyer) suggest that something in that scale needs to be built as a sphere in order to remain stable with it's own gravity; just like real celestial bodies.

MADGAME

Do we know what nerf bcta bomb will get?
What SG said :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkwOLkabvRM

So death star is "mainly" Battle station-mode. Have they talked about any other modes? I've think I read that HvV will be in.
Sounds like they are open to adding more modes "if the demand is there"
https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/776136162796834816

Personally, I feel like they know damn well the demand is already there but are launching Death Star thin on mode variety.

Ambitious

The season pass is discounted to €30. Tempting, but I haven't played the game for about a month because I got so bored with it and there's a lot of other stuff coming out in the next weeks. Might get the Destiny DLC instead. Dunno.

5taquitos

As a season pass holder, I would not feel cheated in the slightest if they added some DLC maps to the vanilla playlists.

In fact, the more I think about it, the DLC playlists should just be the unique mode for each pack (Extraction, Sabotage, Battle Station), with the rest of the maps being added to the standard lists.

I just want to play Blast on every possible map, is that too much to ask?

Toa TAK

Banned
As a season pass holder, I would not feel cheated in the slightest if they added some DLC maps to the vanilla playlists.

In fact, the more I think about it, the DLC playlists should just be the unique mode for each pack (Extraction, Sabotage, Battle Station), with the rest of the maps being added to the standard lists.

I feel the same way. They really need to add the new maps into the mix already.

WillyFive

Yeah, the game is broken as is.

MADGAME

Do we know how many players Battle Station will be?

20v20?
I can't find any info one this outside of second hand reports that say Battlefront Updates claimed it will be 12v12. We need official word.

Great idea, maybe after Rogue one doc is out for awhile this could be considered.

Unless we've been told otherwise, that planet is absolutely Geonosis. Same color, has a ring, and in lore is where the construction for the Death Star took place.

5taquitos

Yep, super pumped and hope they are worth using!

Also, is that a Y-wing pickup I see??

ywp_zpsn98xx1ut.jpg
This Reddit post all but confirms TIE Bombers as well, looks like both will be flyable!

o2dabpy7uqlx.png

Edit: Neither the Y-Wing or the TIE Bombers have rings around the pickups, which means they likely aren't flyable...

WillyFive

Unless we've been told otherwise, that planet is absolutely Geonosis. Same color, has a ring, and in lore is where the construction for the Death Star took place.

Atmosphere is the wrong color though.

latest

Unless they managed to terraform Geonosis in 30 years, it shouldn't have a blue sky.

Ozorov

I hope the rumor that an asteroid field can show up is true. I like things like that in the battlefield games, sandstorm etc. Makes the map more dynamic imo

Palpable

I hope the rumor that an asteroid field can show up is true. I like things like that in the battlefield games, sandstorm etc. Makes the map more dynamic imo

So the asteroid field was just kinda strollin' on by and thought to go chill by the space battle going on by the Death Star?

MADGAME

This Reddit post all but confirms TIE Bombers as well, looks like both will be flyable!

o2dabpy7uqlx.png

Edit: Neither the Y-Wing or the TIE Bombers have rings around the pickups, which means they likely aren't flyable...
Hmmm well they clearly seem to be some sort of pickup or at least activation. Bring on the trailer!

Ozorov

Hmmm well they clearly seem to be some sort of pickup or at least activation. Bring on the trailer!

My guess would be if you pick up that Y-Wing an AI-controlled Y-Wing will attack whatever the objective is. Kinda like how they're attacking the AT-ATs in WA. But would be awesome if we could control it ourself. I think the trailer will drop in 3 hours

5taquitos

At 0:35 on the left side of the screen, there's a Rodian with a pilot suit. I think this means we'll be able to apply alien heads to different skins?

@0:44 Sullustan in Tantive IV outfit

Nemic77

Looks amazing! Any news on a live stream?

Curious about how the various phases will work? The trailer almost implies that while part of the team is on the trench run, the rest will be rescuing R2D2?

Toa TAK

Banned
Looks great. I can't wait to have a go at the new heroes.

...And I'm just now realizing that the 20th is next week. Man it's coming out fast alongside the new Destiny expansion.

That looked awesome, as expected. Only thing that has me worried is that it's (for now) the new mode only. Would love a quick round of blast or droid run in between. Especially because there's a lot of flying involved.
Anyway that first part around the Star Destroyer looked amazing and Chewie seems fun to play.
And most importantly: I've got a day off next Tuesday....
oeGgcmHVHLVCg.gif

Top Bottom