• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

LightInfa

No I think they're gonna head straight for the sequel era - it's more profitable that way.

Also, 2000-2010 had an over saturation of prequel products. So I don't think people want more of that any time soon

Ugh- I hate it but you're probably right. My working assumption was that they'd try and make their Battlefront 2 as feature complete as the original BF2, but I bet they use the inclusion of Ep 7 as an excuse to avoid doing prequel stuff. And if they don't do prequel that seems like a very big task to add in via DLC (pretty much the equivalent of BC2 Vietnam DLC in scale).

Ideally Battlefront 2 would be a mix of both though that probably won't be the case.

I'm a big fan of TFA but I don't think Jakku, Takodana, D'Qar and Starkiller Base provide an interesting enough variety of locations for the game after we've already experienced many of the OT planets in Battlefront. Whether you like the prequels or not, you can't deny they had some varied, interesting locations. Many of my favourite maps in the first two Battlefront's were prequel planets.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, can't play with the way Bacta Bomb is now. It shouldn't give an overshield at all.

I think the most damage it has done is to the smaller modes. It's a cunt of an item no matter how it's spun, but at least the scope of the 40 player modes ensures more chaotic encounters where bacta users are likely to be pressured under heavier fire.

Playing the smaller capture modes with bacta users is a nightmare.

I think the most damage it has done is to the smaller modes. It's a cunt of an item no matter how it's spun, but at least the scope of the 40 player modes ensures more chaotic encounters where bacta users are likely to be pressured under heavier fire.

Playing the smaller capture modes with bacta users is a nightmare.
Tried playing Sabotage this morning, the entire enemy team was guarding C on Cloud City with an overshield.

5taquitos

I really don't understand why they only patch during a content release. Like, couldn't they have pushed a fix for bacta bomb a month ago?

Ozorov

I really don't understand why they only patch during a content release. Like, couldn't they have pushed a fix for bacta bomb a month ago?
Seems like they're only doing hot-fixes if something is game breaking (i.e Outer Rim-launch). But yeah I agree I would like to see them patch the game more often since Bacta Bomb basically is game breaking.

I dunno for sure but I think this is how they've handled BF3/4 also? Maybe patching in those got better when DICE LA took over.

Ozorov

"
BattlefrontUpdates
‏@SWBFUpdates

I'm so extremely stoked to announce that I'll be streaming the official Death Star Gameplay Reveal from DICE office tomorrow at 6 pm GMT+2!!
"

5taquitos

"
BattlefrontUpdates
‏@SWBFUpdates

I'm so extremely stoked to announce that I'll be streaming the official Death Star Gameplay Reveal from DICE office tomorrow at 6 pm GMT+2!!
"

I think I'll just wait this time, I can hold off for 24 hours and enjoy discovering it myself.

Unless he streams stuff about that TIE Defender, then I'm definitely watching.

Ozorov

I think I'll just wait this time, I can hold off for 24 hours and enjoy discovering it myself.

Unless he streams stuff about that TIE Defender, then I'm definitely watching.

Same, I'm sure someone here will post a recap. (Yes I'm looking at you MADGAME)

MADGAME

Same, I'm sure someone here will post a recap. (Yes I'm looking at you MADGAME)

LMAO! Came here to see if there would be a stream and I was not disappointed. I've been so heavily invested in this game since launch, playing faithfully over time, taking time off for each expansion, etc.

This release will be a bit different for me though as I have so much going on both personally and professionally. Can't take time off for Death Star DLC as work is insane right now, and most likely won't be able to watch the stream until after I get home and catch up. This coming Sunday I have to travel to NY for a custody trial involving my son, so I'll only be able to play a couple evenings after it releases then I'll be gone for 5 days

Kind of a bummer because this was the pack I was most looking forward too, but I'll jump in when I get back.

nillah

Banned
Clickable, pics of the heroes and villians for the upcoming expansion.

75lKETU

tMoq0mn

z9OK5M7

Game is driving me up the fucking wall, terrible spawns non-stop. The second I pop up in the open BOTH AT-AT's immediately blew me to bits, RNG my ass.

And for the love of god, let scout players opt out of partner spawns. Behind enemy lines, WELL HELLO THERE.

Nemic77

Does it look good? Have they said anything about how many players there is on Battle Station and available modes on Death Star?

Looks good to me, and the transition from space to inside the Death Star was really quick. Currently playing as Chewbacca who looks better than the pre-rendered model at the trailer.

Also the rebels get B-wings and Y-wings as AI pickups.

Edit: They confirmed that the Battle Station game mode supports 24 players.

Ozorov

Looks good to me, and the transition from space to inside the Death Star was really quick. Currently playing as Chewbacca who looks better than the pre-rendered model at the trailer.

Haven't heard anything about the palyer count.

Also the rebels get B-wings and Y-wings as AI pickups.

24 players confirmed

WillyFive

These ships are so slow compared to the movie. The jets in BF4 are a lot closer to the speed that they should be flying at. I also hate how games keep changing the trench.

Also, really dumb that they made those B-Wings and they are not playable.

5taquitos

Damn, Bossk and Chewie are both really fun looking. Both pack a wallop.

Edit: Also, you can now set a different trait for each hand.

Laser trip wire (more Jedi Knight stuff!), Berserker now gives a low/medium/high damage bonus when hipfiring instead of a boost when damaged.

Scout level 1 and 2 switched. Fuck. Might as well switch to Escape Artist or Berserker now.

Though it includes a radar scramble for Scout level 3.

5taquitos

Laser trip wire (more Jedi Knight stuff!), Berserker now gives a low/medium/high damage bonus when hipfiring instead of a boost when damaged.

Scout level 1 and 2 switched. Fuck. Might as well switch to Escape Artist or Berserker now.

Though it includes a radar scramble for Scout level 3.

Sharpshooter gives a damage boost while ADS, so the DLT-19X may become a OHK with it.

I can start using the gun!

Nemic77

Changes to the cards sound good, let's see how they play out.

Also the planet next to the Death Star is not geonosis as many people thought. They couldn't say the name, so it's safe to assume it's tied to Rogue One.

They also changed the conquest-mode in BF1 till the old format. They're listening :eek:

Wasn't aware of that either! More good news.

There are three different DS interior maps, the Battle Station mode uses a different one for each new round.

What modes are available for the three interior maps? Also, I assume that there are two Fighter Squadron maps (fighting with the Star Destroyer and fighting over the Trench)?

Death Star looks good, curious how it will look on Xbox One.

Trench run seems intense as fuck, seeing buddies crash or being Vader and right on their tail is gonna be good fun.

Helmetless troopers are gone, fuck yes.

Only thing that irked me was some of the trait decisions. I only use scout, but the lvl 3 trait radar scramble is going to give you away so hard. It's like Halo's radar scramble with active camo, but without the benefit of invisibility. In other words, a big heads-up to the enemy that you're close.

So pretty much a double nerf for scout is going to make me switch to Berserker, especially with that hip fire damage increase. Overall I am not sure how to feel on a lot of variance in blaster damage due to traits, but we'll see I guess.

Top Bottom