• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Don't understand why they don't just show the trailer in situations like this. What's the big deal? Why go through all the trouble?

Because it's airing tonight with the TFA special. If they showed it now, you just basically screwed ABC of some ratings.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Mendelsons intro was the best part, quite underwhelmed to be honest and I hate that the 2nd line we here from Jyn is as awkward as the first, I thought for a moment she was kind of breaking the 4th wall and it was a special "For celebration" bit, but I think its actually in the film.

BTM

Mendelsons intro was the best part, quite underwhelmed to be honest and I hate that the 2nd line we here from Jyn is as awkward as the first, I thought for a moment she was kind of breaking the 4th wall and it was a special "For celebration" bit, but I think its actually in the film.

I actually liked the line we saw here a lot more than what she said in the 1st trailer.

Zereta

While I don't particularly think the "I rebel" line or "May the force be with us" line is being delivered awkwardly, I think it's also important to remember that these lines are being ripped out of larger scenes with more context and flow to the delivery.

gotta be real, outside Ben Mendholshn I got like no hype for Rogue One. Got no faith in Gareth Edwards, and I'm done with the Death Star iconography. Ready for that newness in Episode VIII.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I actually liked the line we saw here a lot more than what she said in the 1st trailer.

Its just in two clips of her we have seen talking its been the same "grr look at me im a rebel grr" sort of thing

While I don't particularly think the "I rebel" line or "May the force be with us" line is being delivered awkwardly, I think it's also important to remember that these lines are being ripped out of larger scenes with more context and flow to the delivery.

True, in context they could be fine but you have to question then why they were selected to show us when they only work in context.

Really hoping we get that Rogue One trailer sooner rather than later. It apparently will NOT be on ABC tonight, though.

Does anyone have footage/gifs of k2S0?

Its meant to be sarcastic. I think it worked.

Surfinn

$$$$$$$$

Disney owns ABC

Because it's airing tonight with the TFA special. If they showed it now, you just basically screwed ABC of some ratings.

Got it, thanks, didn't know they're holding out for a TV reveal.

gotta be real, outside Ben Mendholshn I got like no hype for Rogue One. Got no faith in Gareth Edwards, and I'm done with the Death Star iconography. Ready for that newness in Episode VIII.

That behind the scenes reel felt about as new as I'd want a SW film in all honesty. Looks like they're going all out, at least visually.

Mr Cola

Apparently the trailer is not being shown tonight, they removed all mention of it

Mr Cola

Legit didnt think I could be angry at Star Wars

Im angry at Star Wars

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
From Ethan Anderton (SlashFilm)
UPDATE: The #RogueOne trailer from #SWCE is not playing on ABC tonight. Just the three minute sizzle reel we already saw.

Are you kidding me?

SPU7LUD.gif

Simo

So is that kind of it for movie stuff this weekend, for people not attending anyways? The future filmmaker panel isn't being streamed right? We'll presumably get a VIII title at some point and that's that.

Isn't that him saying he'll appear on the Star Wars live stream tomorrow?

D'oh. You're right. I saw his tweet and the ones reacting to it thinking it was about the trailer. Ah well.

Mr Cola

Its not just the trailer I want to see the crowds reaction to the trailer, I watched several crowd angle shots of TFA trailer last year, I love the enthusiasm

Robbed

I have been Robbed

Don't understand why they don't just show the trailer in situations like this. What's the big deal? Why go through all the trouble?

Legal reasons. ABC would be mighty mad if people had less of a reason to watch their network tonight. Agreements are in place.

Even if it gets out, they have to show that they made a conscious effort to honor their agreement.

BTM

Legal reasons. ABC would be mighty mad if people had less of a reason to watch their network tonight. Agreements are in place.

Even if it gets out, they have to show that they made a conscious effort to honor their agreement.

Except now it's apparently not even being shown there tonight

TDLink

No, because the trailer isn't airing on ABC.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

The word is that ABC won't show the trailer, but the sizzle reel we've already seen.

Brief description from EW as well.

The exclusive clip seemed like a teaser trailer, showing a young girl running across a tundra (where we have previously seen a Death Trooper carrying a child’s toy soldier version of a Stormtrooper). It seems to suggest this young girl is Jyn – perhaps representing a time when she was orphaned after losing her father to the Imperials?

There were various other quick-flash battle segments, but the big reveal came at the end – something large, shimmering and red reflecting off a glistening floor. Is it a sun? A power core?

Then we see the shape of a masked, cloaked figure standing in the reflection – and we hear the rasp of a single mechanical breath.

Darth Vader is back. And the Rogue One panel is over.

Mr Cola

Really hope so, it makes absolute sense that he be in this, as well as Alderan

Well that sucks.

Anyway, another reason is that this sort of thing is incentive for Celebration attendees. It makes the event more special.

Yeah, people are overreacting. I want to see the trailer as well but it's only fair they got a few exclusives for attending.

The sizzle reel was great. Admittedly not great enough to be shown 3 times when we expected something else the last time, but I still enjoyed it.

Somebody fucked something up with the sizzle reel on YT. It has no voice track, just a music track. Can anyone else check and see if I'm right/wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom