• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they are not even showing the trailer tonight? lol

amazing strategy, let's create Hype let's make people really really beg for it.

They'll release it when the movie premieres.

curb

Banned
I'm disappointed but I'm not ready to riot or anything. December is far enough away at this point that waiting longer for the next trailer seems minor compared to the wait for the movie itself.

Boke1879

Just show the trailer. I can understand showing it to the people there first. But release it on YouTube. This whole holding out business is stupid

Vinc

If the trailer was airing on ABC, they'd be making a big deal out of it. 3 minutes long means it's the sizzle thing.

Getting bad vibes from this movie. Disney doesn't seem anywhere near as confident about it as they were about Force Awakens. I initially believed they wanted to shine the spotlight on TFA until they were done selling Blu-Rays, but now I'm genuinely starting to worry about the movie. I was never sold on the crew making it, but now I'm flat out worried.

Ben Mendelsohn wins best dramatic entrance.

CnanQdJWcAAh6ok.jpg:large

those elite stomtroopers should have been just regular stormtrooper armors and helmet but in black, don't dig these designs, they look like they are going to play paintball.

Zereta

Well that sucks.

Anyway, another reason is that this sort of thing is incentive for Celebration attendees. It makes the event more special.

I think there is a different understanding when you're streaming a panel live to the Internet though, especially for a movie that's out in a matter of months. At that point, that exclusivity makes little sense.

I think there is a different understanding when you're streaming a panel live to the Internet though, especially for a movie that's out in a matter of months. At that point, that exclusivity makes little sense.
Should have been trailer for everybody, then sizzle reel of Ep VIII as an exclusive.

TDLink

I have to say, I don't think the marketing strategy of hyping up an event and withholding the trailer from all but 4000 people really makes a ton of sense. Especially when the movie is out in a few months and they've barely shown any footage so far. Sure people will see it anyways because it's Star Wars, but I simply don't understand this kind of strategy. It's a movie trailer. People want to consume your marketing...and you're not letting them...because? Just show people what they want to see.

Zereta

Should have been trailer for everybody, then sizzle reel of Ep VIII as an exclusive.

Or not have the teaser at all. Honestly, the BTS would have been fine, and then have a proper trailer like they did with TFA a little after.

Enough rumors are swirling around that it's almost a given that there will be some sort of a Episode VIII teaser. And that is almost certainly not gonna be shown out (even though it absolutely should because who cares about exclusivity?)

Hopefully, I at least have a Rebels Season 3 trailer to look forward to.

I kinda hope they'll have a nod to old clone or confederacy weapons in the movie, just as a nod to the Clone Wars that were going on for a long time

Gravidee

Panel was kind of a disappointment, with that slip-up and lack of new trailer. Guess I still have the Rebels panel to look forward to tomorrow...

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Regarding the trailer, could it be possible they're simply not ready? Maybe they're integrating the reshoots, vfx, etc?

Regarding the trailer, could it be possible they're simply not ready? Maybe they're integrating the reshoots, vfx, etc?

People who saw it at Celebration said things looked "pretty done/finished".

Getting bad vibes from this movie. Disney doesn't seem anywhere near as confident about it as they were about Force Awakens. I initially believed they wanted to shine the spotlight on TFA until they were done selling Blu-Rays, but now I'm genuinely starting to worry about the movie. I was never sold on the crew making it, but now I'm flat out worried.

So, them not showing you/us the trailer is "Disney isn't confident"?

BahamutPT

It looked pretty finished to me. And as far as I could tell, no one on my section was sneakily filming it, there were some people patrolling the aisles.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.

I imagine it's simply just exclusive to the celebration which I'm okay with.

Movie comes out in a few months anyway

Metalmarc

They released a sizzle reel for TFA around this time too.

Yes but that was at comic con, we got a full trailer at Star wars celebration looks like theyve reveresed it at the last minute, so that us brits get the bts and the americans get the full trailer, boooo

BTM

Is it ok to post a potato version of the trailer here?

Edit: It's worse than a potato version. Guy is hardly even filming the screen

Yeah, people are overreacting. I want to see the trailer as well but it's only fair they got a few exclusives for attending.

The sizzle reel was great. Admittedly not great enough to be shown 3 times when we expected something else the last time, but I still enjoyed it.

I have nothing against convention exclusives. That's the point. If there was nothing special at the convention it would just be a costume party. It's not all that fun for those that arent attending, but you are owed nothing while paying customers are.

I'm always disappointed when I see people bitching about convention exclusives because they never have an actual legitimate nonpartial complaint. Their complaints are entirely out of self interest. They wouldnt still be complaining if they were actually at the convention.

Just let the convention goers have their fun, guys. Relax. I'm a huge Star Wars fan too but somehow I'll survive without seeing a teaser. We'll still all get to see the movie in the end. Go to some conventions and someday youll be the lucky one.

Starwars.com uploaded a liveblog of the Ahsoka panel. They showed off some animation from another unfinished TCW arc, explained what happened in Ahsoka's arcs, etc. Also sounds like Ahsoka may possibly not be dead since Filoni said the response from the fanbase is making him rethink whether he should bring Ahsoka back in Rebels or not.

http://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2016-ahsokas-untold-tales-panel-liveblog

The whole panel was uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS4sclln5J4

Vinc

People who saw it at Celebration said things looked "pretty done/finished".

So, them not showing you/us the trailer is "Disney isn't confident"?

Not really, I just feel like they're being extremely quiet about this movie in comparison to Force Awakens. The marketing is really, really quiet. Maybe they just spent most of the money on TFA to bring the series back to hyperrelevance and they're just planning to ride that wave for the spinoffs. We'll see. I liked the first trailer, but I didn't like anything from the panel really. I don't like the poster, I'm not sold on the BTS footage... and them not showing the trailer despite saying a new trailer would hit today is a bit weird, but only a small part of the general vibe I'm getting.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom