• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any pictures of the t-shirts from the exclusive store? I somehow didn't spot any cool t-shirts specific to the event but saw one with a union jack xwing as I left. If it's branded like an event tee, dates and logo, wotnot, if someone could grab one,t hat would be a-mei-zing.

When I was in there, I only saw the plain black with logo on it, I want one of the store exclusive posters too! I'll happily pay ahead, preferably you would be based in London so I can grab it from you. Is this even allowed? Sorry!

cj_iwakura

Doesn't look like it. The OT title's a nod to all those who were saying 'Many Bothans died to bring us this information' when Rogue One was announced, when it was the wrong Death Star.

Oh yeah, that explains it. I don't think they ever said who died for the first one, heh.
"Some mercs we recruited, idk."

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't look like it. The OT title's a nod to all those who were saying 'Many Bothans died to bring us this information' when Rogue One was announced, when it was the wrong Death Star.

I can't believe how anyone could easily mix this up.
When you just think of it, it goes like this Bothans --> Ackbar --> It's a trap --> Lando and Nien Nunb guy --> Huge Space Battle --> Last SW (RotJ) Movie --> 2nd Death Star.

Space Monkey stealing the spotlight during the creatures panel.

CnfAc_hVMAAUs9w.jpg

CnfAL8QXYAAEFr6.jpg

I like the new imperial trooper designs.

Anyone have any info on what the schedules (panels) are?

I've picked out the main panels in the OP but the full schedule's below. It looks like they've swapped a few panels around though.

10:00 a.m. BST / 5:00 a.m. EDT / 2:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! – Saturday Preview

10:15 a.m. BST / 5:15 a.m. EDT / 2:15 a.m. PDT
Droids of The Force Awakens

12:00 p.m. BST / 7:00 a.m. EDT / 4:00 a.m. PDT
The Creatures, Droids & Aliens of Star Wars: The Force Awakens

1:00 p.m. BST / 8:00 a.m. EDT / 5:00 a.m. PDT
Keeping Up With The Fetts

2:00 p.m. BST / 9:00 a.m. EDT / 6:00 a.m. PDT
Anthony Daniels, Without Protocol

4:00 p.m. BST / 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Rebels Season 3

5:00 p.m. BST / 12:00 a.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. PDT
Marvel’s Star Wars Comic Books

6:00 p.m. BST / 1:00 p.m. EDT / 10:00 a.m. PDT
MEET ILMxLAB: The Future of Immersive Entertainment

7:00 p.m. BST / 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT
The Minds Behind EA’s Star Wars Games

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I've picked out the main panels in the OP but the full schedule's below. It looks like they've swapped a few panels around though.

Cool thanks.

Weird I must have looked at the wrong place or so.

Here is the schedule for sunday.

Sunday, July 17

10:00 a.m. BST / 5:00 a.m. EDT / 2:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! – Sunday Preview, Tiya Sircar

10:15 a.m. BST / 5:15 a.m. EDT / 2:15 a.m. PDT
2016 Star Wars Fan Film Awards Ceremony

11:00 a.m. BST / 6:00 a.m. EDT / 3:00 a.m. PDT
Carrie Fisher: The Princess Diaries

12:00 p.m. BST / 7:00 a.m. EDT / 4:00 a.m. PDT
Lucasfilm: The Art of Storytelling

1:00 p.m. BST / 8:00 a.m. EDT / 5:00 a.m. PDT
Ray Park Unleashed

4:00 p.m. BST / 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT
Closing Ceremony

Enthus

The Death Trooper, Shore Trooper, and Tank Driver helmets will be mine. Lucasfilm is making it hard me for me and my wallet with all these cool new designs.

Five Rogue One books were announced at the publishing panel. We already knew about most of them but nice to see James Luceno will be returning to write the Rogue One prequel book, Catalyst.

image-63.jpeg

Daniels panel is so awkward. Currently recreating a full scene from A New Hope with audience members. Right before it, they were teaching a bunch of audience members how to behave like droids. Daniels embarrassed a little girl to hell during the droid segment.

Pachimari

If I want to start watch the animated shows, should I start with Clone Wars and then progress to Rebels? How many seasons do Clone Wars have?

If I want to start watch the animated shows, should I start with Clone Wars and then progress to Rebels? How many seasons do Clone Wars have?

5 and a half seasons, I think.

But it's better than Rebels and Rebels has some Clone Wars characters / references so start with Clone Wars. It's the best Star Wars can be, especially the further you get into it.

Thanks guys. I don't get why they don't stream some of this stuff? What gives?

They want to ensure people still buy tickets for Celebration I guess. The Rogue One teaser was primarily shots we've already seen with a little Vader tease, but I can understand them wanting to give attendees an exclusive.

I'm guessing there'll be a brief Episode VIII teaser like the one for Rogue One at last year's celebration.

Tsunamo

Not long now till the Rebels panel!
5 and a half seasons, I think.

But it's better than Rebels and Rebels has some Clone Wars characters / references so start with Clone Wars. It's the best Star Wars can be, especially the further you get into it.
Agreed. I started off with The Clone Wars and while I consider it to be the better of the two shows, it really helped added onto my enjoyment of Rebels seeing some lore/characters pop up in Rebels from the show.

It starts off slow but the later seasons turn the show into something amazing.

Metalmarc

Ooh the whole livestream has had gremlins, swapping of trailer, a few cringe moments, accidental spoilers, lots of nervous guests, boring male presenter, hiccups etc this year, i do wonder if they will bother again next year, i hope so but last years was way better. Mind you i guess thats to be expected from live streams.

GavinUK86

Ooh the whole livestream has had gremlins, swapping of trailer, a few cringe moments, accidental spoilers, lots of nervous guests, boring male presenter, hiccups etc this year, i do wonder if they will bother again next year, i hope so but last years was way better. Mind you i guess thats to be expected from live streams.

Apart from the accidental spoiler I think the livestream and panels have been pretty good. Everyone's always nervous and awkward so that's expected.

Apart from the accidental spoiler I think the livestream and panels have been pretty good. Everyone's always nervous and awkward so that's expected.

Yeah, there's always some awkwardness at conventions. What I've watched has been pretty good overall. The Rogue One and Ahsoka panels were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom