• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Who is Thrawn?

I haven't seen Clone Wars or Rebels yet. Feels like I'm missing out.

I'm glad Lars is getting work though. He's a nice and talented guy for sure.

Who is Thrown?

Thrawn was the villain of the eponymous trilogy that served as the first real 'sequel' novels to the OT that served as the foundation for the EU. He's been long expected and hoped for in the new canon.

Who is Thrawn?

I'm glad Lars is getting work though. He's a nice and talented guy for sure.

Thrawn was the main villain of a trilogy of novels written by Timothy Zahn in the early 90s that were the first major new stories after Return of the Jedi. For a long time they were considered the 7/8/9 by fans before the EU got wiped away.

It's significant because it means that Lucasfilm is taking greater steps to make some of the old EU "offical" by including old characters (albeit with new circumstances).

-griffy-

Banned
He's from the first EU novels, the only alien in the Imperial Army(or at least the highest ranking one).

I thought the new films said those weren't canon anymore?

The old Expanded Universe isn't canon, but that doesn't mean they can't pull stuff from the old books/comics to put into the new/official canon.

RyanW

Cnfx6RzXYAABJEo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom