• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Looking at the schedule, it seems like the Rogue One panel is the last truly interesting panel left. There's the future filmmaker one but that's not gonna be streamed, I guess this just means I won't have to wake up crazy early to watch anything live.

Jimmy Smits omg

Best thing about the prequels IMO. He's the 2nd biggest king of swagger in SW just behind Lando.

Nah, the best thing about the prequels was Ewan. :p Smits is great though, and was totally underused in the prequels, even with the good amount of screen time he got in Sith. Glad to see more of him.

The funny thing is, even after this people are going to keep insisting Lucasfilm (actually, they all say Disney) will pretend the prequels never existed. I wonder how many connections it will take before that line dies. I feel like people would still say it after a Ewan Obi-Wan trilogy.

Einchy

You can still watch that bootleg on YouTube btw haha

How is that better quality than the Rogue One?
Woj8jVO.png

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
By my count, 7 new shots (including a droid shot switch out, a switch out of Warwick Davis for someone else talking at that point), and an additional line later with Death Trooper shot.

sphagnum

Banned
I like the idea of the name Jedi coming from Jedah. The old Je'Daii thing from the EU coming from the language of the Dai Bendu was kind of cute but too on the nose.

Strange that Jedah would be the Mecca of Star Wars though if the first Jedi Temple was on Ach-to.

Gravidee

Looking at the schedule, it seems like the Rogue One panel is the last truly interesting panel left. There's the future filmmaker one but that's not gonna be streamed, I guess this just means I won't have to wake up crazy early to watch anything live.

You could always watch the Rebels panel. :p

Is there any chance that Rogue One will be a one and done, or could it be a potential launch pad for a separate series or trilogy? This current trilogy will end in 2019. Are they going to move on to the next trilogy or make their saga films every 10-15 years?

And what's the possibility that doing a Netflix series is being pondered by Disney within the next decade?

Is there any chance that Rogue One will be a one and done, or could it be a potential launch pad for a separate series or trilogy? This current trilogy will end in 2019. Are they going to move on to the next trilogy or make their saga films every 10-15 years?

I think they said it will be a one and done movie.

TDLink

And what's the possibility that doing a Netflix series is being pondered by Disney within the next decade?

Rogue One is confirmed a one and done. It kind of has to be too considering it happens directly before A New Hope and none of these characters feature in it.

The initial concept of these non-Episode films was for them to be standalone and not part of a series of films. That said, there's nothing stopping them from making multiple non-episode films that aren't standalone and make up their own little continuity (like an Obi-Wan trilogy, for example).

DKHF

There's the EA Star Wars games panel which could maybe give us some details about Visceral's game though I doubt it and I don't trust EA enough to watch it live after their shit E3 presentation.
They are not going to release the trailer oficialy right ? =/
I don't think they will. Though going off the potato cam version that's been uploaded there's not really that much surprising stuff in it or shots from previously unseen scenes and it's short so I don't really mind it not being released.

Rogue One is confirmed a one and done. It kind of has to be too considering it happens directly before A New Hope and none of these characters feature in

What if they were to peel off some of the characters from this film and make a movie detailing the aftermath of episode iv? Maybe the evacuation of Yavin to Hoth?

XAL

I found it, it's cut up into pieces. Go down to the first "glacial chief" tagged one and work your way up.

http://ifunny.co/tags/rogueone

What if they were to peel off some of the characters from this film and make a movie detailing the aftermath of episode iv? Maybe the evacuation of Yavin to Hoth?

I'm sure if it does gangbusters and people love the characters they would at least consider doing a follow up film with those characters. But as of right now it's just a total one off.

TDLink

It's possible that any characters that live, if any do, could show up in other films. Just as Star Wars characters from other films are in this one. But the story in this movie will be completely wrapped up within this movie. The next standalone movie will be the Han Solo one, which as far as we know has nothing to do with this one.

Toothless

Pretty sure someone confirmed the trailer to be with Star Trek Beyond in theaters next week. Probably will see it online by Tuesday then to beat the Comic Con hype.

Metalmarc

The force awakens seems to be added to Netflix today, dunno if it was announced or anyone cares, just throwing it out there.

Thats just canada, it was known for some time that canada would get it on netflix 7 months after release, here in the UK, sky movies (cinema now) will be showing it for the first time, not sure about u.s and r.o.w deals.

Einchy

There's the EA Star Wars games panel which could maybe give us some details about Visceral's game though I doubt it and I don't trust EA enough to watch it live after their shit E3 presentation.

I don't think they will. Though going off the potato cam version that's been uploaded there's not really that much surprising stuff in it or shots from previously unseen scenes and it's short so I don't really mind it not being released.

I'm interested in all of them to the point that I'll watch them later on but not enough that I will sacrifice a bunch of sleep like I did for today's panels.

Definitely wanna see the Rebels and EA one, though.

TDLink

Pretty sure someone confirmed the trailer to be with Star Trek Beyond in theaters next week. Probably will see it online by Tuesday then to beat the Comic Con hype.

First I'm hearing of it. You have a source? If that's true it's even more puzzling why they wouldn't just release it now, unless the version going into theaters is different somehow.

Thats just canada, it was known for some time that canada would get it on netflix 7 months after release, here in the UK, sky movies (cinema now) will be showing it for the first time, not sure about u.s and r.o.w deals.
Sorry for the false alarm non Canadians :/
payback for no Canada Pokemongo release

antovolk

Its going to be the sizzle again... I hope not.

they wouldn't put a BTS featurette as a trailer theatrically....

(unless you're WB and this is Fantastic Beasts. fucking trolls)

EDIT: should add - was there yesterday. The new trailer (it's a second teaser like TFA's, not a full theatrical), while shorter than the first one, is absolutely badass. Doubles down on the war film tone, and crowd, myself included absolutely LOST it when Vader showed up at the end.

Might be one of my favourite trailers of the year, if they release it officially. so well and tightly cut.

Metalmarc

I'm loving the designs of Rogue One and now cannot wait for the Artbook, the look of the ships, robots, creatures everything we have seen so far, even if the film is just meh, the designs are still fantastic, but i have a feeling i'm gonna love the film anyway.

strafer

so i finally watched that reel...didn't want at first.

Love that clip with the maniac laugh of that thing on the m60.

Metalmarc

Off topic slightly as this has nothing go do with celebration, but still star wars

Someone posted this on reddit and thought i'd share haha

What if Keanu Reeves played Kylo Ren?

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom