• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
CnfzH3NW8AA5_KW.jpg:large
Look whos back :D

Honestly you could get away with just the first and last episode of season 1. Most of season 2 is good but episode one and the final one are god tier.

Clone Wars is too varied of a series to really judge it as a whole. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the Political episodes, but I know many others don't like them. And my favorite arc is Mortis, but that is really divisive. Plus it should be watched in chronological order. Which sprinkles episodes from various seasons throughout the series.

Tsunamo

Honestly I went with the airing order on Netflix and didn't lose anything, or feel too lost, so if you want to go that route you can, but yeah if I had the chance I probably would've opted to watch in the chronological order (and probably will on rewatches) considering it flows better.

The later seasons are mostly chronological anyway.

sphagnum

Banned
Really great that Thrawn is back but I assume he'll be dead before ANH this time. He doesn't really have any place in the post-RotJ new canon unless he heads off to the Unknown Regions and reappears after the Battle of Jakku, because the year inbetween Endor and Jakku has been pretty well covered in the new canon so far and Thrawn has never even been implied anywhere outside of the Fleet Admiral from Aftermath, who Life Debt revealed wasn't Thrawn.

TheXbox

Damn, is it really jumping around that much?
Guess I'll see it in that order. Wow, have never done something like this.

Alright
You can also skip, like, half of those. Clone Wars is a schizophrenic cartoon show that is intermittently terrible and amazing, alternating on a whim between adult storytelling and baby crap. Read the episode descriptions and forego anything related to droids, Jar Jar Binks, or younglings. Skip the movie. Skip the first season while you're at it.

Are there any abridged Clone Wars episode guides out there? I kind of want to see it but there's no way I'd catch up on the entire thing. (Only bit I've seen so far was the movie, which was... excruciating.)

Tsunamo

And now the long wait for those primere episodes :(

Sam was a troll that whole panel.
Plot spoilers in general it seems. Filoni even joked about how he has to give out so many non-answers.
Yeah, it's not like he can give a straight up answer for many of them. I guess this confirms we'll findout who's voice is in the Sith Holocron though.

That was fun, Filoni, Witwer, and Warwick are some of my favorite Star Wars people and they looked like they were having a great time.

Get Warwick a job!

Tsunamo

Are there any abridged Clone Wars episode guides out there? I kind of want to see it but there's no way I'd catch up on the entire thing. (Only bit I've seen so far was the movie, which was... excruciating.)
Honestly the movie's probably the worst of the series. If you really wanna get into the good stuff you could start from season 3 when the show picksup much more and I don't think you'd lose too much plotwise.

If you want to skip around to catch up, I get it, but because the series is so varied I suggest you watch everything eventually. You never know what episodes will appeal most to you. The last Jar Jar arc was actually really good.

GavinUK86

It's pretty stupid to ask questions where the answer is obviously a spoiler. Of course he isn't going to answer it, and why would you even want to know? Don't you want to watch the show?

Another thing about the Clone Wars is that the episodes are 22 minutes. It's not a lot of time invest in any one session. Watch 4 episodes a day, and you can finish the whole thing in a little over a month (and another 10 or so days to catch up with Rebels). And if it takes you longer, you'll just have less of wait for new Rebels episodes.

If Thrawn is Canon again, my hope for KOTOR 1 and 2 games being canon is still alive.

Thrawn was always quite likely. The character's canon now, not all of his stories.

I think they'll probably make a TV series or film set during that time period at some point. I can't see the games themselves being made canon.

Any theories on what happens to Kanan?

0ucgVvF.png

'Spirit' of the Holocron (saying it like that since its established darksiders can't actually come back for heal) trying to come back by possessing Kanan. The green glow could suggest Nightsister stuff (and thus, Talzin), but the design looks almost... Traya-like. Kinda hoping it is.

Tsunamo

I know the night sisters are basically gone now but that really reminds me of some of the stuff they pulled in The Clone Wars. It looks like he gets possessed later too, which also reminds me of what Mother Talzin pulled with Dooku in Son of Dathomir.

So how long left till the Comics panel now that it's probably been switched?
Also is there anyone tweeting about the Rebels priemere there? I don't mind spoilers so I wouldn't mind reading what happens.
If Thrawn is Canon again, my hope for KOTOR 1 and 2 games being canon is still alive.
They're basically taking elements from them and making them canon in the new universe, but not the actual games specifically (but some elements from them and story stuff from them) judging from what they did on the season finale in season 2.
Cool season 3 poster
I like it.

jamie2497

Neo Member
Just came from the ilmxlab panel, David Goyer is writing a darth Vader VR story and trials of tatooine is coming to SteamVR on Monday for htc vive.

GavinUK86

'Spirit' of the Holocron (saying it like that since its established darksiders can't actually come back for heal) trying to come back by possessing Kanan. The green glow could suggest Nightsister stuff (and thus, Talzin), but the design looks almost... Traya-like. Kinda hoping it is.

I think my brain would explode if they somehow used Traya.

After following all this this weekend I've realised I really need to catch up on everything Star Wars. I haven't read any of the new novels yet and I'm waaay behind on all the comics. I need to catch up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom