• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
Just watched the Rebels trailer. Looks great but they won't fool me again - the season two trailers were great too with the actual episodes containing only a few bright spots that I truly loved.

Sabine with the darksaber thingee though - awesome.

Tsunamo

Just watched the Rebels trailer. Looks great but they won't fool me again - the season two trailers were great too with the actual episodes containing only a few bright spots that I truly loved.

Sabine with the darksaber thingee though - awesome.
Yeah season 2 disappointed me a bit. It had its moments, but it didn't endup as great as I was hoping and I felt like nothing much substancial happened in half of it in spite of the increased episode count.
After following all this this weekend I've realised I really need to catch up on everything Star Wars. I haven't read any of the new novels yet and I'm waaay behind on all the comics. I need to catch up!
I'm the opposite. I think when I buy Asoka it'll probably kickstart me getting into the other Star Wars novels they've done in the past couple of years.
Is the rogue one trailer being released today or not really?
It seems unlikely. The leaked version basically looked like the original trailer with one or two short scenes added onto it, so they're probably saving them for a newer trailer to release down the line.

'Spirit' of the Holocron (saying it like that since its established darksiders can't actually come back for heal) trying to come back by possessing Kanan. The green glow could suggest Nightsister stuff (and thus, Talzin), but the design looks almost... Traya-like. Kinda hoping it is.

That would be an interesting parallel, considering Kanan's blindness. I know Lucas wasn't fond of KOTOR 2's shades of grey view of the force, but I would hope that someone in the current company has a soft spot for the game and characters.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
If Thrawn is Canon again, my hope for KOTOR 1 and 2 games being canon is still alive.
Nah

I'd rather they reconfigure the ancient times into something else that simply isn't "oh it's practically the same goddamn universe only 1000 years back"

Don't mean to diss on KOTOR though.

curb

Banned
Yeah season 2 disappointed me a bit. It had its moments, but it didn't endup as great as I was hoping and I felt like nothing much substancial happened in half of it in spite of the increased episode count.

I would never say Rebels is terrible but they have yet to reach the level that Clone Wars peaked at for me.

Pachimari

I have only seen the movies and Darth Maul remains my favorite baddie I think but I hear he was resurrected in the animation. I'm curious in his arc.

Nete

Hello little red-stripped Interceptor.

sF32y2c.png

None of the wingmen have the stripes tho, so I guess we won't see the 181st. Maybe just Soontir :p

MrMephistoX

Nah

I'd rather they reconfigure the ancient times into something else that simply isn't "oh it's practically the same goddamn universe only 1000 years back"

Yep! I mean KOTOR was great but it was a video game and canon based on Dark Horse comics.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I have only seen the movies and Darth Maul remains my favorite baddie I think but I hear he was resurrected in the animation. I'm curious in his arc.
On that note, I seriously hope they kill him off for good already.

The character has kinda overstayed his welcome at this point.

Nah

KOTOR was good, but considering it was supposed to be 1000 years in the past made things weird in the long run.

Pachimari

I didn't expect to see him in the Season 3 trailer from today. I thought he would have just gotten a little arc to please those who wanted more Maul.

Tsunamo

I would never say Rebels is terrible but they have yet to reach the level that Clone Wars peaked at for me.
Yeah agreed. The season 2 finale was good but unforunately it hasn't hit Clone Wars peak yet, but there's plenty of time for the show to get there.
They did a fantastic job with him in the Clone Wars show. When I hadn't watched the show I was iffy on them bringing him back, but they do a good job. I'd say more but I don't want to go spoiling it for you.

Unforunately I agree with this though. I don't mind having him around this season, but I hope he doesn't hang around too much longer.

GavinUK86

When's the comic book panel happening?

It was this:
Saturday, July 16

10:00 a.m. BST / 5:00 a.m. EDT / 2:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! – Saturday Preview

10:15 a.m. BST / 5:15 a.m. EDT / 2:15 a.m. PDT
Droids of The Force Awakens

12:00 p.m. BST / 7:00 a.m. EDT / 4:00 a.m. PDT
The Creatures, Droids & Aliens of Star Wars: The Force Awakens

1:00 p.m. BST / 8:00 a.m. EDT / 5:00 a.m. PDT
Keeping Up With The Fetts

2:00 p.m. BST / 9:00 a.m. EDT / 6:00 a.m. PDT
Anthony Daniels, Without Protocol

4:00 p.m. BST / 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Rebels Season 3

5:00 p.m. BST / 12:00 a.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. PDT
Marvel’s Star Wars Comic Books

6:00 p.m. BST / 1:00 p.m. EDT / 10:00 a.m. PDT
MEET ILMxLAB: The Future of Immersive Entertainment

7:00 p.m. BST / 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT
The Minds Behind EA’s Star Wars Games

but they're shuffling some things around.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I was hoping to see the comic book panel since I'm one of those weird people that read them all.

Mark Hamill gets a mic and then 2 seconds later he's doing a talk show and completely ignoring Andi and that guy. He's the best.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Are they going to show anything at the EA panel?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Thing is I imagine Mark talks to everyone the same, I imagine if you went to talk to him one on one he would be exactly the same.

Id love to speak to him :(

Mr Cola

I love how they told the hosts to fuck off and let mark talk

Toothless

First I'm hearing of it. You have a source? If that's true it's even more puzzling why they wouldn't just release it now, unless the version going into theaters is different somehow.

The tweet is deleted now, but it's still embedded here. I honestly remembered a more trustworthy source though, so really, who knows? Sorry to get anyone's hopes up if this isn't true.

Its going to be the sizzle again... I hope not.

Doubt it, the TFA sizzle reel was never shown in theaters.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wait, they're not showing the EA panel cus of Mark. I wonder if this was planned or he if he just walked out there.

Mr Cola

Wait, they're not showing the EA panel cus of Mark. I wonder if this was planned or he if he just walked out there.

They can show it later, they aired the Ashoka panel yesterday after it took place, Filoni was actually talking about the panel live on air after it aired assuming people had seen it.

That would be an interesting parallel, considering Kanan's blindness. I know Lucas wasn't fond of KOTOR 2's shades of grey view of the force, but I would hope that someone in the current company has a soft spot for the game and characters.

I'm admittedly not fond it too much either, in so much that the game really likes to treat Traya as correct on her particularly nihilistic understanding of it (really not as neutral as she or the writers think she was), and the fandom has run away with the game's hyping of Revan as some sort of Force Messiah for being, again, 'neutral'.

That said, the concept for her still holds a lot of potential, and would really fit with how Rebels (and season 3 in particular, it seems) tries to explore differing approaches in trying to understand the force, even if they are more telling of the people behind such philosophies. Ezra's story arc seems built around people trying to pull him all sorts of ways: Kanan as his nominal but flawed Jedi mentor, Yoda as the senior Jedi but whose approach just doesn't fit Ezra's desires, the Inquistor(s) trying to sway him to the dark side so they might serve the Empire alongside them, Maul trying to make him into a tool with which to destroy the Empire and finally realise his continually denied ambitions. A Traya-like figure could provide a parallel not only with Kanan, but also with what the Bendu is apparently being built up as - a supposed 'neutral' from ancient times with wisdom to share.

Otherwise though, I honestly would place the odds pretty strongly on her being Traya, or being Traya in all but name. Filoni and crew clearly have a like for Kotor, as demonstrated by the latter seasons of clone wars - counting both actual and cut content - and... well, just about everything in the finale of Season 2 of Rebels to be honest. I mean, they just proved they're willing to put Thrawn back in, so never say never at the very least.

Mr Cola

Please turn the music off, its epic but I wanna hear the QA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom