• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
j0YIcyO.jpg

I'm first with pics too!

Davide

I remember when I attended Celebration Orlando in 2012, I decided to not pay to speak or get a picture or autograph with Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher because I thought they would never be in a Star Wars film again. There was pretty much no line too.

Big mistake. I did meet with Peter Mayhew and talked with Ben Burtt for 20 minutes though.

Nemic77

RotJs space battle is better then R1 on john Williams score alone. Without a doubt the best 15 minutes of action music he wrote for the series. I'm a fan of Giacchino but man is his score forgettable.

Agreed on the score. William's work probably elevates it above the series other battles. But I still enjoyed Rogue One's battle a lot.

Doesn't help that Giacchino had so little time to work on the project.
Confrontation on Eadu is great though.

Jacce

Banned
Lucas is gonna walk on stage to a booming ovation, as the most glorious rendition of the Imperial March ever heard is blasted from the sound system. In his arms he cradles Hayden Christensen, who is openly weeping. Hayden opens his mouth as if to speak, only no sound escapes. Instead, his mouth continues to widen. In the back of his throat an object catches the light and the crowd goes silent. Then, all at once, exploding forth from his gaping maw comes SPOOLS of film reel, violently snaking in every direction, into the audience. THESE ARE THE UNTOUCHED REELS OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Pandemonium ensues. Prequel fans combust into flames. Lucas commands Christensen to expunge the film "Faster, and with more intensity." Kathy Kennedy smirks from the back of the stage. The giant Han Solo figure in Boyega's arms melts. Large sections of the audience are speaking in tongues, convulsing, passing out, the paramedics unable to move fast enough. The feed cuts to an unfazed and professional Anthony Carboni who succinctly wraps up the panel as DeeGoots quietly rolls around in the fetal position besides him.
Someone who actually works for Disney/Lucasfilm just retweeted and replied to this.

So I guess it is confirmed this is actually happening. Congrats griffy for cracking the code.

just so y'all know we're saving this to pdf and vaulting it with the b-roll from this event as an archival document
https://twitter.com/hsheffield/status/852205897409540097

Elandyll

Banned
Imo ROTJ is the gold standard, and neither R1 or ANH are anywhere near it.

R1 and ANH have excellent ones, sure, butvthey bothbare extremely flawed.

ANH has WW2 avionics to the max, successions of groups of fighters/ bombers going in the trench to get shot down one after the next, no Star Destroyer coming in complement to the Death Star, which for a space station the size of a moon has a surprsingly small contingent of Tie Fighters).

R1... They jump in with 0 plan except send some fighters through, the Rebel capital ships provide No cover fire that we see (glaringly obvious from the Nebulon frigates, which can be tough mothers), the Star Destroyer is disabled by ion canons as if by pure luck (they are actually surprised!), and the gate while having a really good complement of fighters to protect it waits forever to launch them.
Also... What is a Corelian Corvette with Princess Leia doing in the belly of that Cruiser doing a suicide attack?

Rotj, in comparison, has it all (except the air/ land assault, which is a major redemption for the R1 battle imo).
The plan which was sound with their (bad) info is thwarted, rebels are in disarray/ pincer maneuver by Star Destroyers/ Capital ship fight + fighters and Death Star attack / New plan to focus attack on SSD (bigly referenced in R1, complete with busting into nearby Space facility), and then you have the legendary run inside the structure of the DS.

I can't even imagine how anyone can place any existing space battle above ROTJ.

Sephzilla

ROTJs final battle has the added tension bonus of the rebels going in to destroy something that the main character of the trilogy is currently on board of.

anyways back on topic - yeah, i really want to visit this at some point in my life. I'm jealous of Haloid

Jacce

Banned
I think Bobby just exploded

RIP Bobby "Fatboy" Roberts.

19XX - 2017
fatboyroberts.jpg

"I’ve seen pictures of me as a pug, a xenomorph from ALIEN, a muppet, R2-D2 from Star Wars, and anyone with even a passing familiarity with our show immediately recognizes me in those sketches."

Toa TAK

Banned
RIP Bobby "Fatboy" Roberts.

19XX - 2017
fatboyroberts.jpg

"I’ve seen pictures of me as a pug, a xenomorph from ALIEN, a muppet, R2-D2 from Star Wars, and anyone with even a passing familiarity with our show immediately recognizes me in those sketches."

Is this from "I love the 90s"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom