• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr-paul

It's just hit me how massive this film is going to be.

Just checked the Odeon down in Southampton. 33 screenings in the first 24 hours. 8 of them in the first few hours.

Is this going to be the biggest movie launch ever? I think so.

The hilarity of all of this as the reason Odeon took over IMAX booking was because the BFI site would break under pressure if a big film was coming out.

Thing is, I had better luck with BFI's own site, even if it wasn't very good. I still got through to buying a ticket! But this...this is the worst experience of rush buying a ticket/product I have faced.

Timbuktu

The hilarity of all of this as the reason Odeon took over IMAX booking was because the BFI site would break under pressure if a big film was coming out.

That is true though. Getting tickets for the BFI London Film Festival was still a nightmare.

Mindwipe

Some people on Twitter are saying that the Odeon site has charged them hundreds of pounds on their credit cards and not given any tickets.

What a clusterfuck.

Rootbeer

Banned
I haven't bought my tickets yet but I just want to say... holy fuck.

I'm looking at the prices for Spectre pre-order tickets at this theater and they are $19.50 for a 2D IMAX showing. Wondering if TFA will be even higher.

I've got no problems paying that much for this occasion but if I were down for this on the reg it seems rather ludicrous. I'm used to paying $7 or $8 for early day showings at theaters closer to me.

I could have swore the last time I went to an IMAX showing at this screen it was in the ~$16 range.

ViciousDS

Banned
Fuck, I hope that hasn't happened to me.

image.php

I was happy to see that it was easy to get tickets for the 2D screening. I like how they try to sell you the 3D version (which is only post-processed). Oh well it costs around 15 dollars for premiere tickets, but hey its a new star wars film without lucas so I am excited. Looking forward to dissecting the turd or decent movie it is on the 16th! I hope its not as dumb as Prometheus.

ViciousDS

Banned
storafötter;182170982 said:
I was happy to see that it was easy to get tickets for the 2D screening. I like how they try to sell you the 3D version (which is only post-processed). Oh well it costs around 15 dollars for premiere tickets, but hey its a new star wars film without lucas so I am excited. Looking forward to dissecting the turd or decent movie it is on the 16th! I hope its not as dumb as Prometheus.

yes.....its a little disappointing as I thought they were doing the whole movie with imax cameras....sadly nope.

In 3D. Originally 2D, converted during post-production. Select sequences filmed with IMAX cameras. Will be in IMAX 3D for one month. Also in 70mm IMAX Film.

I haven't bought my tickets yet but I just want to say... holy fuck.

I'm looking at the prices for Spectre pre-order tickets at this theater and they are $19.50 for a 2D IMAX showing. Wondering if TFA will be even higher.

I've got no problems paying that much for this occasion but if I were down for this on the reg it seems rather ludicrous. I'm used to paying $7 or $8 for early day showings at theaters closer to me.

I could have swore the last time I went to an IMAX showing at this screen it was in the ~$16 range.

Wish we could pay $8 for movies in London...

d1rtn4p

Wasn't sure, are tickets on sale now? I was looking at the AMC Veterans 24 and didn't see any showtimes for those dates...

JimiNutz

Banned
Odeon have handled this very poorly.
Glad I managed to get a midnight 2D showing but part of me is still gutted that didn't get to see it opening night at the IMAX.

ArmGunar

Too bad ... only 3D screenings in France :(

I will have to watch Star Wars in 3D, I can't wait 1 week and try to avoid all the spoilers within the release date ...

At least, I will contribute to the Star Wars opening worldwide record with this 3D supplement of 2€

Scavenger

Holy shit my movie theatre took down its entire website because of the server load (Pathe)
Never thought the Pathe site could get hammered like that. JT.nl put their tickets online an hour ago. The 2D Dolby Cinema with Dolby Atmos sound is being shown at JT Hilversum and JT Eindhoven. Still debating about seeing it at Pathe 3D LieMAX or at JT with 2D+Atmos sound.

Rootbeer

Banned
If fandango has problems after the trailer tonight I'm not going to be a happy guy...

they should have started ticket sales at midnight or early morning. let the hardcore geeks get theirs and then the wave of more mainstream fans can flood the servers after the trailer.

Spread. The. LOAD.

Look at all the trouble the non US territories are having and the trailer hasn't even hit yet.

Tadale

These euro ticket problems do not bode well for America - I imagine the large majority of people will be attempting to purchase through Fandango.

Thriller

So the new trailer will air tonight in the USA but at what time and what time will that be for The Netherlands?

Here's hoping Fandango can just increase web front end instances in AWS or something to deal with network saturation. I know if I saw what happened in the UK, that'd be my move this morning.

Koriandrr

The quest for IMAX tickets has failed and the website of the theatre kept giving me errors so I did what every Star Wars fan would do.

Take the car (whilst wearing the shittiest home chill out clothes imaginable, wearing flip flops, looking like I just got out of bed - which I did.) and queued at the cinema itself.

I was successful in booking 4 tickets on the 16th and I don't give a shit about anyone seeing me looking the way I did :p

As a fan would do. I was thinking about doing the same for Empire but it kind of worked out in the end.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Got my ticket for the morning showing on Wednesday the 16th. Love the Wednesday release shedule here in Belgium <3. Also, being a freelancer rocks for situations like these.

Id love 2d imax but alas.

Even though theyd have just about 2 weeks till the new year....do people think it could do 750mil plus worldwide or more in 13 days?

Anyone going opening night to Aventura Mall FL? :p

I was but my Kendall theater has the marathon and it should have reserved seating so I am doing that.

But I am scared as hell that websites won't work especially ones with reserve seats, imagine thousands trying to book the same seats at the same time, it will give so many errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom