• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Mudkips

Banned
Freakinchair said:
There is a shitload of key begging in the thread today :lol

Not surprising though considering the invite a friend emails. To add to the discussion, not everyone who got a key by email also got the add a friend email. I know one person at least who got in the beta wave one and didnt get this new email.

whyyyyyyy

I bet everyone got it, and all your friends who say they didn't are lying to you.

Arzehn

I'd also love if someone sent me a friend invite. I really am dying to play, streams just aren't enough. :(

Assuming these friend invites are real of course.

Helmholtz

Anomarad said:
I'd also love if someone sent me a friend invite. I really am dying to play, streams just aren't enough. :(
Evilore posted a while back about no key begging.
Not trying to backseat mod, just saying.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Noble friends of NeoGAF,

I MUST REQUEST AN INVITE!

If you need a 1v1 or 2v2 AT partner who will play often and take full advantage of your generosity, look no further! My computer is currently being being fixed, but I assure you that when it is up and running again next week, I will available for an infinite supply of GAF games.

If you doubt my resolve, my dedication to The Craft, then bare witness to the truths that lie herein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cXBFdFkqCY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJbPtrAiuJU

Won

But I don't have friends! Noooooooo!

I think Blizzard plans these waves so there is no way for me to get in. I'm sure of it!

Mudkips said:
I bet everyone got it, and all your friends who say they didn't are lying to you.
Not everyone got it.

1 of my accounts didnt get it.

My other account did.. Still not sure how I will distribute.

ggs Hazaro 4-0 in placement.

We are gods.. I rush you turtle and finish.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:
Not everyone got it.

1 of my accounts didnt get it.

My other account did.. Still not sure how I will distribute.

ggs Hazaro 4-0 in placement.

We are gods.. I rush you turtle and finish.
:lol

You 1 base rush and I expand 3 times to come in later with 12 warpgates pumping infinite units :lol

Mudkips

Banned
Nobody panic!

The US invite-a-friend keys are not active yet.
They say "invalid" when trying to enter them.

Blizzard will probably fix it / flip the switch tomorrow.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 5,627
User Name Posts
Ice Monkey 242
Zzoram 197
TurtleSnatcher 173
Hazaro 163
TheExodu5 159
Pandaman 140
The Lamonster 124
aznpxdd 121
Fragamemnon 114

Everyone here has one.. Does Zzoram?

Zzoram post here and let me know.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Who Posted?
User Name Posts
Ice Monkey 242
Zzoram 197
TurtleSnatcher 173
Hazaro 163
TheExodu5 159
Pandaman 140
The Lamonster 124
aznpxdd 121
Fragamemnon 114

I imagine the top posters are... the top posters because they have the beta and have been discussing it :lol

But if Zzoram doesn't have a key then he's a trooper and deserves this one :D

Milabrega said:
Congrats on getting in. I've added you to the list. Remember everyone who gets into beta to post your ____.____ battle.net so I can add you to the list, and be sure to add some of the people on the list and message them in game to let them know.
Zain.Zaiiin

Zzoram

TurtleSnatcher said:
Who Posted?
User Name Posts
Ice Monkey 242
Zzoram 197
TurtleSnatcher 173
Hazaro 163
TheExodu5 159
Pandaman 140
The Lamonster 124
aznpxdd 121
Fragamemnon 114

I don't have a key.

Hazaro said:
Can I vouch for Zzoram if he is not in? :lol

Freakinchair said:
I imagine the top posters are... the top posters because they have the beta and have been discussing it :lol

Thanks for the support guys :lol

nilbog21

Banned
TURTLE DOG USE THOSE KEYS SOON THEY WON'T BE WORTH ANYTHING ANYWAY

if u give it to me i'l prob play with u guys for years to come and we will become the most intimate of e-friends

edit: AW DONT LOOK AT POST COUNTS IN THIS THREAD. I HAVE ABOUT 8,000 POSTS AT TL.NET FROM THE LAST 6 YRS FUUUUCKMYLIFEEEEEE >,<

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
I don't have a key.
:D
Freakinchair said:

I didn't until 2 days ago. I just loves me some Starcraft. Same goes for Zzoram :)

jsrv

So since they are now giving keys asking users to give to their friends, I take it there won't be anymore waves?

Damn it Blizzard. Oh well, maybe I'll get into the Diablo beta.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Freakinchair said:
Dopeyfish
Crying on the inside

I've already accepted that I'm not getting in - I'm just trying to be creepy, staring at all of you while you all starcrafturbate o_o

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
There was only 4.5k and 5k on peak hours these past weekdays and it seems a lot of users got keys for this friend invite. So I expect maybe 7k at least this week.

We will see. (Blizz probably wants people who will play with friends and make matchmaking happy).

No problem since everyone in 2v2 is terrible :lol
nilbog21 said:
TURTLE DOG USE THOSE KEYS SOON THEY WON'T BE WORTH ANYTHING ANYWAY

if u give it to me i'l prob play with u guys for years to come and we will become the most intimate of e-friends

edit: AW DONT LOOK AT POST COUNTS IN THIS THREAD. I HAVE ABOUT 8,000 POSTS AT TL.NET FROM THE LAST 6 YRS FUUUUCKMYLIFEEEEEE >,<
I saw you repost my .gif in a thread on TL :lol

Zzoram

Hazaro said:
There was only 4.5k and 5k on peak hours these past weekdays and it seems a lot of users got keys for this friend invite. So I expect maybe 7k at least this week.

We will see. (Blizz probably wants people who will play with friends and make matchmaking happy).

No problem since everyone in 2v2 is terrible :lol

I saw you repost my .gif in a thread on TL :lol

I hadn't thought about it but that's probably why they're doing these invites. It's a clever way of encouraging more 2v2 play, since the majority of people seem to be doing 1v1. The casual players seem to lose interest in 1v1 fairly quickly, probably before they even finish their 10 placement matches and get put in the Copper League, which is a problem for Blizzard. Is there an option for totally casual/new players to just go straight to the Copper League and skip the placement matches? 10 matches may not seem like a lot, but for people who get easily frustrated by being stomped online, it could be enough to turn people away before the matchmaking system has learned their skill level.

Top Bottom