• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft Closed Beta

*checks email inbox*

ffffuuu.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
Will post username once this finishes downloading about 3-4 hours from now. :(

I guess I'm really not in a position to complain.

keeblerdrow said:
*checks email inbox*

ffffuuu.jpg

Check your battle.net account. It shows up under "Manage Games" if you're in. I didn't even get an email.

Drakeon

traveler said:
Will post username once this finishes downloading about 3-4 hours from now. :(

I guess I'm really not in a position to complain.

Check your battle.net account. It shows up under "Manage Games" if you're in. I didn't even get an email.

Did you use a blizzcon key? Or just opt in?

Yaweee

I'm going to pretend like they are only sluicing out the emails slowly so people can download the game faster.

Yeah, that's it.

Gribbix

Gribbix.gantrithor

I already complained about the naming system in the thread on the gaming forum. Hopefully they'll improve the explanation so other new players understand how their usernames will appear before they create their characters.

DemiMatt

I got mine, looking for a 2v2 partner tonight. I think my name is
DemiMatt.Demi looking for a partner to play in about 1-2 hours!

syoaran

add me please Syoaran.syo

Edit - EU/US are seperated no? Would be nice to find out whose on which side of the ocean.

Setreal

Setreal.tivrames

US

I haven't played SC in forever so I'm pretty bad at the moment, but hopefully some of you guys would want to get together and try to get better.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Grr, so angry about this. I've heard about people getting keys that didn't go to Blizzcon OR opt in. I played WoW for 5 years, I can't believe they'd just give keys out before every opt in got one.

Shanadeus

Banned
Procarbine said:
Grr, so angry about this. I've heard about people getting keys that didn't go to Blizzcon OR opt in. I played WoW for 5 years, I can't believe they'd just give keys out before every opt in got one.
I'm mad cause I didn't opt in till after the keys were sent out, at which point I assume I'll just have to wait for whenever a second batch is coming.

ok this is getting RIDICULOUS

I can add setreal to my friends list, but not demimatt.

BUT DEMIMATT JUST SAID HE PLAYED A MATCH WITH SETREAL

what am i doing wrong?

Procarbine said:

are you sure they just didnt mention how they won the twitter contest or vespene laughs or a fansite giveaway?

I won mine via twitter so essentially, i didnt get mine through either blizzcon or optin

LiveWire

IceMonkey, I finally figured out where the add friend button is..:lol You'd think they'd enable the Social tab and not have you root around to a tiny little button near the bottom of the screen. Anyway, gonna check up on a few things IRL but I'll be back on in a bit if you want to 2v2.

LiveWire said:
IceMonkey, I finally figured out where the add friend button is..:lol You'd think they'd enable the Social tab and not have you root around to a tiny little button near the bottom of the screen. Anyway, gonna check up on a few things IRL but I'll be back on in a bit if you want to 2v2.

safetyfirst is on right now and he might be up for it. still waiting on fugu.

anyone else interested in some novice 2v2 customs?!

DemiMatt

Ice Monkey said:
ok this is getting RIDICULOUS

I can add setreal to my friends list, but not demimatt.

BUT DEMIMATT JUST SAID HE PLAYED A MATCH WITH SETREAL

what am i doing wrong?

doing_it_wrong.jpg

Setreal and I are mid 30s in the 2v2 platinum league!

Still looking for more 2v2 partners.

anyone up for gaf 2v2 or ffa now?

I am :p

My Banshees were like PEW PEW, then the Valkyrie (I forget what the new versions are called) were all like PEWWWW, then Ice Monkey was like, OH NOES my CORRUPTERS, BUT CHECK OUT WHAT MY BROOLDIINGS CAN DO *DIESSS*

:p GG AlL!

DemiMatt said:
doing_it_wrong.jpg

Setreal and I are mid 30s in the 2v2 platinum league!

Still looking for more 2v2 partners.

I am :p

My Banshees were like PEW PEW, then the Valkyrie (I forget what the new versions are called) were all like PEWWWW, then Ice Monkey was like, OH NOES my CORRUPTERS, BUT CHECK OUT WHAT MY BROOLDIINGS CAN DO *DIESSS*

:p GG AlL!

hahahahaha l2remember your name! :p:p

BROODDDODDLLLINGGGSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LiK

LiK.lik

just installed it last night so I'm getting used to the new units. If you add me I only wanna do 2v2 coop. If I lose I want someone to hug :)

thespot84

thespot.awolach

never really got into multiplayer rts stuff but i won my first practice match! hit me up

edit: here are the names so far in one place. I added the username if it was different and EU if necessary.

GhostMonkey.gaf - Doc Holliday
Entropia.pongmo
deltronzero.aznpxdd
Gray.grayfour - traveler
Gribbix.gantrithor
Amatera.sevpay - Belfast
jobias.rkd
DemiMatt.Demi
Cyrus.thatguy EU
Syoaran.syo EU
Vitet.Tobar EU
Bluescrote.blu