• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeto

jasonng said:
EDIT: Also, how did you get mumble to display our names on top of your client? That would be very helpful to know.
It's an option within the mumble settings... I had to restart SC2 to enable it because I enabled it while SC2 was running.

jasonng

Cheeto said:
It's an option within the mumble settings... I had to restart SC2 to enable it because I enabled it while SC2 was running.

Yeah, it's not working on my mac. I'll have to figure it out later

WedgeX

Banned
My GAF night replay was embarrassing to watch. Ugh! Lots to learn, thats for sure.

Also, watching the replays, I realized how much is missing with the graphics turned all the way down :lol

Cannot wait for the next one!

Ashhong

jasonng said:
500188182_2bf28b0c70_o.gif

Also, why didn't anyone tell me that my mic was going through the game client as well? I thought only people on mumble could hear me.

EDIT: Also, how did you get mumble to display our names on top of your client? That would be very helpful to know.

I thought you just really liked talking to us

Deadman

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tylersc

Tyler laddering on korea, currently going up through platinum. Its pretty brutal :lol

Edit: haha he just played a 2100 point diamond protoss who was cannon rushing. tyler countered it extremely quickly and strongly and the other guy gg as soon as his first cannon died :lol

Yes liquid tyler

Zzoram

Pandaman said:
he should just go bck to nony. -.-

also wow that zerg... wow. scout stargate, go baneling.

That's a 2000 diamond ladder player. He had like 2000+ games played so he's a mass gamer. That's why Blizzard's attempts to make ladder matter are pointless. Mass gamers can always climb as fast or faster than legitimately good players under the current ladder system, so rewarding top ladder players by sending them to Blizzcon risks excluding all the actually good players.

Spl1nter

tyler stream is great. He has been using a 1 gate > stargate and then add on 2 more gates for pvz, seems pretty powerful

Its scary how he can be so chill and absolutely crush these 2000+ diamonds in korea

Deadman

2300 terran does marine scv rush, he spots it and gets a cannon out to defend which finishes exactly when the rush arrives. so awesome :lol :D

Won

Zzoram said:
That's a 2000 diamond ladder player. He had like 2000+ games played so he's a mass gamer. That's why Blizzard's attempts to make ladder matter are pointless. Mass gamers can always climb as fast or faster than legitimately good players under the current ladder system, so rewarding top ladder players by sending them to Blizzcon risks excluding all the actually good players.

That's why Blizzard is not using the points for invites.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Deadman said:
2300 terran does marine scv rush, he spots it and gets a cannon out to defend which finishes exactly when the rush arrives. so awesome :lol :D
i loved that '...okay, wheres the rush?' moment.
its like he was disapointed in his opponent for taking so long. :lol

Wons right, points aside, the fact tyler is playing these people at 11 games played total means they have beyond terrible mmr.

Spl1nter

syllogism said:
It's kind of scary the terran still almost managed to win it

tyler sacrificed a few to many probes, definitely could of held with slightly less probe loss. Terran then made the mistake of not building units when you are expanding.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
tyler sacrificed a few to many probes, definitely could of held with slightly less probe loss. Terran then made the mistake of not building units when you are expanding.
terran had no econ and nony was teching, more marines wasnt going to solve anything so his hope was to tech and expand as fast as possible in the hopes nony wouldnt notice and it'd be out by the time nony pushed.

he lost when his push failed, he was just hoping he could lame out a win. nony being a protoss player didnt realize how far ahead he was, he probably doent get marine/scv allin'd all that often.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
Hurr he could have afforded a few more marauders no problem or alternatively just not suicided his viking
your basing this on... what exactly? your assumption that he had cash floating around? all the gas he most have been floating off that one gyser before building that factory, starport, 2 tanks and seige?

sorry bro, terran cant sac all their scv's, then immediately expand gas and tech and hope to also have units and still float cash. mules are good, but not that good.

syllogism

Pandaman said:
your basing this on... what exactly? your assumption that he had cash floating around? all the gas he most have been floating off that one gyser before building that factory, starport, 2 tanks and seige?

sorry bro, terran cant sac all their scv's, then immediately expand gas and tech and hope to also have units and still float cash. mules are good, but not that good.
Marauders are only 25 gas and his viking (may have had two) that did 0 damage cost 75. He also used/wasted two scans on nony's base, and likely didn't react properly when he saw a one base push was coming 100%. Nony's army was actually very small, so just the 3 tanks + some marauders could have done decently well behind the wall. Also he was on 4 gas for quite a while. Not that it was likely he could have won, but Nony himself didn't sound very confident in the push.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
WedgeX said:
My GAF night replay was embarrassing to watch. Ugh! Lots to learn, thats for sure.

Also, watching the replays, I realized how much is missing with the graphics turned all the way down :lol

Expand and make units.
Also tanks are pretty good. So is air.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
Marauders are only 25 gas and his viking that did 0 damage cost 75. He also used/wasted two scans on nony's base, and likely didn't react properly when he saw a one base push was coming 100%. Nony's army was actually very small, so just the 3 tanks + some marauders could have done decently well behind the wall.
those wasted scans were the only scouting terran was doing. it was just lucky for him nony wasnt doing a much better job scouting either.

terran did react properly, he was just dead.
he was building marauders and he got vikings when he scanned colossi, its just he had 2 vikings versus 2-3 colossi, because he was dead.

marauders also cost 25 gas for each barracks techlab, 50 for slow and 100 for stim if you want them to be worth anything and those are all slow researches that have to be started in advance and would delay his teching to tanks. terran was right to prioritize vikings, but he didn't have time to recover. [because he was as previously stated: dead]

if you could push a button and get stim/slow marauders, sure that'd be great. but you cant. you have to wait, and because you have to invest earlier, they are a larger drain on your economy.

syllogism

The second scan was definitely completely worthless as he could have just ran there with any random unit and in fact so was the first one as once you see no expo, it's 90% of the time one base colossus on that map. Regardless, this is utterly pointless theorycrafting as we didn't actually see what was going in terran base most of the time nor do we know his resources or exact timings. The fact is nony's army was small and would not have required a big army to stop. Terran was only barely behind nony's probe count after the push and had a decent defender's advantage on that map. This is my last reply on this topic for the aforementioned reasons.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i see the problem is that you misjudged the terrans scv count. he wasnt close at all and we know he added that gas just before the obs showed up [nony clicked on it and checked the count] and he added a barracks, factory and starport sometime after that.
thats good enough for me.

jasonng

WedgeX said:

At least you threw down. I dont remember everything but I think I recall you not using your hotkeys much. Just expand and get comfortable with macro. Also, Haz had a good amount of map vision so he knew when you were going to attack. With Desert Oasis being a long distant map for ground, you were at a disadvantage. You'll get better, no doubt about that.

Just remember: Hotkeys are your friends, unless your Panda.

By the way, this is Panda on mumble:

Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick.

"How I mass stalkers?"

Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick. Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
Just remember: Hotkeys are your friends, unless your Panda.

By the way, this is Panda on mumble:

Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick.

"How I mass stalkers?"

Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick. Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclickClickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick Clickclick click cliclickclick.
sorry, my mic is built into my laptop. ;_;
i cant get voice activation to ignore the clicks either. :(

it was funny when haz was attacking me though.
click..click, clickclickclick... CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
GGs tonight guys. Gonna try to get my mic working asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom