• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

idra just lost to another protoss and typed something really long before leaving that wasn't GG, but it was in korean, i wasn't aware that he knew korean insults

Keikaku

Zzoram said:
idra just lost to another protoss and typed something really long before leaving that wasn't GG, but it was in korean, i wasn't aware that he knew korean insults

Not sure he typed anything. I think that was the Korean notification of "_________ has left the game" or whatever.

Neckbeard

Spl1nter said:
can you blame him. Its amazing how long Idra held out for considering everything that occurred.

Yes, I can. If you can't handle losing. Play better. Or Don't play at all. He lost fair and square.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Neckbeard said:
Yes, I can. If you can't handle losing. Play better. Or Don't play at all. He lost fair and square.
people like you need to find another hobby to ruin. :\

idra vs checkprime was nice.

Neckbeard

Pandaman said:
people like you need to find another hobby to ruin. :\

idra vs checkprime was nice.

Bad manners ruin sportsmanship. Don't know how you can possibly say I'm ruining anything.

[edit]
I'd just like to make the point that it is NOT a hobby for Idra. He is a pro gamer streaming to thousands of viewers. BM is unacceptable, even if it's only a practice ladder.

Look at the way he explains this loss towards the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGW6cO47IKQ&feature=player_embedded
That is how he should act every single loss.

Meeru

Banned
Neckbeard said:
damn that was hilarious. I was planning on going to sleep too. I have to stick around to see if they rm now...
they tried but idra delayed search a bit and huk blocked communication with him lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Neckbeard said:
Bad manners ruin sportsmanship. Don't know how you can possibly say I'm ruining anything.
glassjawed sportsmanship ruins sports.

lol at huk raging out when idra 7pools him.

Neckbeard

Pandaman said:
glassjawed sportsmanship ruins sports.

lol at huk raging out when idra 7pools him.

Glassjawed? I'm saying Idra needs to not take himself so seriously. I think we're making the same point here.

It looks like Huk even blocked him. Both sad. :lol

Meeru

Banned
Neckbeard said:
Glassjawed? I'm saying Idra needs to not take himself so seriously. I think we're making the same point here.

It looks like Huk even blocked him. Both sad. :lol
idra is a person who lets everything out, never holds anything in.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Neckbeard said:
no, the point im making is that YOU take idra so seriously. if idra wants to say whats on his mind, cool beens. but 'omg, protoss op, allins are too strong and too easy vs zerg' is not equivalent to a raging bitchfit with burning huk effigies.

they aren't really mad at each other. peopling taking everything so personally and crying for 'sportsmanship' is not conductive to growth in an evolving game.

keuja

Idra's BM vs Huk was hilarious. Idra also just said fuck you to oGs Ensnare before quitting the game. No wonder nobody likes him at the OGS house.

And even at the pro level, guys like Idra and Huk still throw "newbie" insults at each other lol, just like in the bronze leagues :lol .

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
HuK obviously isn't being serious, but still

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ahywpl.png
http://i52.tinypic.com/sfdnb6.png

e: haha huk played SelecT after that match and apparently the guy (corezenith) huk said that to was sitting next to select

http://i53.tinypic.com/j75d2d.png

e2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7269166
IdrA Korea (South). December 11 2010 20:32. Posts 10832 Profile Blog #
shocked and appalled.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MrMister said:
Aw shit I fell asleep at like 5pm yesterday and just woke up what did I miss?

Oh sweet IdrA is streaming!
I've been playing games :lol

Bed for now. Got a ton of stuff out of the way tonight.

V_Arnold

Well, as our dog has decided to go to the brink of death again (emptied her stomach in a matter of hours, leaking ...stuff... both ways), we did not sleep until 6 am in the morning....

My girlfriend played WoW (lol, lv85 comes soo easy now, even I will have it today), and I played like 15+ protoss matches.

Damn. It is awesome. Using Warp prism to port in zealots that grant you sight and nuking the shit out of a 1-base MMM massing terran with a few immortals, stalkers and sentries sure is FUN. Zergs seems to have learned quite well how to defend against a mindless Stargate transition, but with proper micro, even that is managable.

Gotta re-learn all hotkyes of Protoss, damn.

Snow

As far as I'm concerned Idra can do whatever the hell he wants as far as professionalism goes, his team I'm sure is aware of it and doesn't seem to be bothered too much. It's just that only judging by his online persona he comes across as a really unpleasant, misanthropic person that hates everyone except himself. I have to say however that his appearances on SotG have improved my image of him a lot, his friends and teammates poke fun at his complaining and raging, and he seems to have a decent amount of humour and self awareness about it.

IceMarker

IdrA to me is just an intelligent player who has anger issues sometimes, he gets frusturated at losses and abuses just like the rest of us, except as he has said unlike others he actually vents it instead of bottling it up. He still shows restraint in professional settings such as the GSL, even on the Ladder he still shows an amount of restraint.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Snow said:
As far as I'm concerned Idra can do whatever the hell he wants as far as professionalism goes, his team I'm sure is aware of it and doesn't seem to be bothered too much. It's just that only judging by his online persona he comes across as a really unpleasant, misanthropic person that hates everyone except himself. I have to say however that his appearances on SotG have improved my image of him a lot, his friends and teammates poke fun at his complaining and raging, and he seems to have a decent amount of humour and self awareness about it.
As long as he doesn't BM in tournaments I don't care what he does. But he still does that in the smaller tournaments lol. Due to his actions people won't like him including myself but shrug what is it worth bitching about.

The line between professional gamers and the"hardcore" are not that far.

Might as well ask it here

Does anyone else have this weird and random lag spikes in every Ustream stream you watch ?

Livestream, JustinTV, own3dTV... etc, all seem to be working fine as well as my internet( I have a 20 Mbps connection). I tried a different PC with Win XP (mine is Win 7) but still the same deal. Tried uninstalling my adobe flash plug-in and using different browsers but the same lag keeps happening.

It all started around Dreamhack, that's when I noticed Day 9's stream on Ustream was lagging for me while the HD one did not even though they were the same games.

syllogism

It's probably not this, but some of their servers lag so refreshing a few times sometimes helps as you'll eventually get a different server

Deadman

Morrow just drone rushed and won :lol

Missed it because i went to get food :(

Insolencee just won a game by halucinating lots of units and syz saw it and gg :lol

(._.)

Banned
Raelson said:
HuK's humor and personality is so weird.
It always gets him into trouble.
He comes across to me like he is just a normal guy that likes to joke around. He isn't some overachieving nerd and he takes things in stride .

Whole thing was blown completely out of proportion.

Spl1nter

Wooo zvz win against an 1800 level diamond. Roach-Hydra beats Roach-Muta.

edit: now back to back zvz wins! starting to understand the matchup better. For some reason after facing the 1800 level zerg i faced an 800 level zerg :\, game was not nearly as close.

Neckbeard

mescalineeyes said:
yes. glassjawed. which is still infinitely better than brandnew'd.
:>

let idra be idra, he doesn't mean it and everyone knows what to expect from him by now.

He can be whatever he wants to be. The fact of the matter is my father raised me on the mantra of "always respect your opponent"--even if, and especially when, I lose. My feelings aren't hurt one bit, and I'm sure Huk's aren't either, but that's not the point. You can't sit there and tell me that wasn't poor sportsmanship. You just can't. It's the very definition.

Snow said:

Well said, and I agree.

Slavik81

Neckbeard said:
He can be whatever he wants to be. The fact of the matter is my father raised me on the mantra of "always respect your opponent"--even if, and especially when, I lose. My feelings aren't hurt one bit, and I'm sure Huk's aren't either, but that's not the point. You can't sit there and tell me that wasn't poor sportsmanship. You just can't. It's the very definition.
There are far better ways to be courteous and professional than lying about whether you thought it was a good game.

If he was refusing handshakes from his opponents or swearing at them, I'd be concerned, and maybe some of this drama over his sportsmanship would be justified.

Sportsmanship should not mean that you have to lie.

Neckbeard

Slavik81 said:
There are far better ways to be courteous and professional than lying about whether you thought it was a good game.

If he was refusing handshakes from his opponents or swearing at them, I'd be concerned, and maybe some of this drama over his sportsmanship would be justified.

Sportsmanship should not mean that you have to lie.

Are you accusing me of lying? I never said anything other than he said some things about how, it's nice to cheese because your race is OP and beat someone better than you, or something to that effect. I could be wrong about the exact message, but that was the general tone. It's just not necessary. Say gg and leave. Be mad, but only be mad at yourself. If it was such a bitch move, then how did you lose to it? Doesn't that make you lesser than a bitch move. Whether it was a good game is subjective. The end result in any case is that he lost and he reacted like a toddler.

Slavik81

Neckbeard said:
Are you accusing me of lying? I never said anything other than he said some things about how, it's nice to cheese because your race is OP and beat someone better than you, or something to that effect. I could be wrong about the exact message, but that was the general tone. It's just not necessary. Say gg and leave. Be mad, but only be mad at yourself. If it was such a bitch move, then how did you lose to it? Doesn't that make you lesser than a bitch move. Whether it was a good game is subjective. The end result in any case is that he lost and he reacted like a toddler.
I'm not accusing you of lying.

But if this entire thing is over him not saying 'gg', it seems silly to me. Not every game can be a good one, otherwise 'good' is a meaningless adjective. To say that it was good, without believing it was, would be lying.

Something more equivalent of a handshake would be better. Allowing the player to respect and acknowledge his opponent without commenting on the game itself.

Deadman

To me the glhf at the start is analogous to a handshake after the game, it just happens at the start.

I sometimes leave without a gg if i dont think it was one, i dont really see it as bm or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom