• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zzoram said:
only a tiny minority of SC2 players come from broodwar so they're likely to lack the etiquette

I was like 12 when that game was out and even I know. idk, I am disappointed. I always pictured SC2 as this gentlemen's game.

WedgeX

Banned
Ikuu said:
Most people will gl hf, but very few bother with a gg.

GG is fairly universal in gaming and that's why I use it in SC2, gl hf I'd never encountered until now. When I'd first saw it I had no idea what it meant and had to ask :lol

Odd that less people should use gg.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
mescalineeyes said:
I was like 12 when that game was out and even I know. idk, I am disappointed. I always pictured SC2 as this gentlemen's game.
It is as much as any other game. These are the first few months of a game being released. Of course tons of people will be dicks and not say shit or rage out on you. Give it time and the more "gentlemen" people will be around.

Corran Horn said:
It is as much as any other game. These are the first few months of a game being released. Of course tons of people will be dicks and not say shit or rage out on you. Give it time and the more "gentlemen" people will be around.

I guess you are right.
Still, it's a nice community all in-all. I mean clearly, also the best thread on GAF for a reason :)

In other news, I just won the most impossible game. I am so proud of myself. It was a zvz, too, my most feared/hated match up. Will go to bed with a smile on my face for sure :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BigAT said:
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good gaming surface? I prefer the hard, plastic type over cloth ones. The pad I've been using for the last 6 years or so is starting to show its age.
http://www.ratpadz.com/

I use this.
Cheap, solid, made in USA by a computer enthusiast.
$10/$20 Shipped. Shipping is taken off (I think).

WedgeX

Banned
So I got an ingame message that achievements are disabled until further notice. As I'm trying to go back and do campaign achievements. Peachy. Any idea why that came up?

Zzoram

WedgeX said:
So I got an ingame message that achievements are disabled until further notice. As I'm trying to go back and do campaign achievements. Peachy. Any idea why that came up?

you get disconnected from internet?

they might be rolling out patch, the PTR is down

whee get disconnected from battle.net 2 times in the last 10 minutes and both times I was winning (one guy tried to all in rush me and failed) and I got a loss for both games :\

oh well

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Zzoram said:
whoa what happened?
i lost my internet at home about a month ago.

just got it reconnected today :(

before, i used to feel i didnt ever have enough time in a game. now im playing and finding myself idling and waiting for stuff. it feels terrible because i know i must be doing tons wrong for that to happen.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Zzoram said:
what were you before? most people don't degrade starcraft skill too much with inactivity.
i had just gotten into top 10 in my diamond division. :(

maybe he was just a realy good gold leaguer >_>
but im still bleeding injects, not macroing and not getting good upgrades.
also i 1a'd with baneling roach versus marine/mech. ugh.

IceMarker

Pandaman said:
i lost my internet at home about a month ago.

just got it reconnected today :(

before, i used to feel i didnt ever have enough time in a game. now im playing and finding myself idling and waiting for stuff. it feels terrible because i know i must be doing tons wrong for that to happen.
Hey, now you get to practice at home!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrMister said:
Hey, now you get to practice at home!
thats true.

you know whats weird? it literally just occurred to me that you could use banelings to counter dark templar without having to worry about getting a fast lair.

>_>
wonder why you never see people do that

Keikaku

Aylinato and I just finished some 2v2s. Got roflstomped in a couple but we did use FFs to the max and in the last game, faced with Diamond and Plat league zergs we had an awesome game with colossi galore!

The Diamond guys tried going ultras to which I responded with a few Void Rays and even more colossi :D

I tried some 1v1 before that and I am terrible now. I have lost almost all my timing sense and my grasp of macro is all but gone. It's like I've rewinded time back to my bronze league days except that I now have brief moments of clarity where I realize what a shitty job I'm doing. It feels so terrible.

mr stroke

I think I am starting to buy the matchmaking conspiracy theory Blizzard is doing.

I win 3-4 matches in a row, and then BAM next match I get smoked :(

Thus causing me to do the "just one more"

zlatko

Banned
Got my friend hooked from the trial. :D He's buying it ASAP. Sucks that he's on a not so hot laptop so it heats up really fast. The guy has a bunch of money too,(just recently bought himself a 46 inch 3DTV) but trying to convince him to upgrade his PC got him upset last time I tried to suggest it. I'll just have to get him hooked on SC2 multiplayer, show him how good Witcher 2 looks next year, and present him the awesome that is Steam.

zlatko said:
Got my friend hooked from the trial. :D He's buying it ASAP. Sucks that he's on a not so hot laptop so it heats up really fast. The guy has a bunch of money too,(just recently bought himself a 46 inch 3DTV) but trying to convince him to upgrade his PC got him upset last time I tried to suggest it. I'll just have to get him hooked on SC2 multiplayer, show him how good Witcher 2 looks next year, and present him the awesome that is Steam.
:lol

Friends can be so silly sometimes. I have one who refuses to try WoW, even though he'd love it, because his bother plays Asheron's Call a lot and "MMOs took my brother away from me" :lol

DaFish

zlatko said:

:)

IceMarker

jl2tsp.png

Good morning fellow North American GAF members!

I figured since we've been talking about having a more organized SCII GAF night for a while now, I thought I would go ahead and act as a pain kick in the ass to get this going for real!
Starting tonight will be the first ever real unofficial GAF night at 6pm (9pm Eastern)! Why all this arbitrary bull? Because I'm hoping this will get us ahead of those EU GAF members thinking they're better at throwing an SCII party than us! And to show them we can pull it off in the middle of the week! ...and because I'm willing to invest a couple hours every Wednesday just to playing Starcraft II with you all, because I secretly love you. GAF nights for the North American region will start at 6pm PST (9pm EST) every Wednesday from here on out or until we break down from insanity. We will be doing team games, 1v1's with spectators, and maybe even custom games to break the mold. You're welcome to join and leave at anytime, this just acts as a guide for GAF to play together.

And that's not all, as a little treat for GAF members who are in EU or simply can't load SCII that night I will try to horribly attempt to stream all our games that night from my computer!
You can find the stream on my brand spanking new Ustream, or my revived Livestream! Since I can't stream to both at once I will let you guys know what I'll be using that night... depends on which streaming service gives me more problems. Also, if you'd like to join in streaming our GAF nights, please post so with a link to your stream and I'll add you into the posts I will be making every Wednesday.

Here's a TL;DR recap of the post:
Unofficial NA GAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays @ 6pm PST (9pm EST)
-Team Games
-Solo Games with Spectators
-Custom Maps
-Streams
--MrMister: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
--MrMister(alt): http://www.livestream.com/mrmisterlive

Well, I hope to see an abundance of NA Gaffers tonight, add me on SCII (MrMister#430) and I will invite you to any GAF chats that have begun (This will change once patch 1.2.0 comes out with Chat Channels), and those of you who can't attend watch the streams! See you then!

BigAT

Pandaman said:
mrmister putting in clock time. ♥

ptr or vanilla?
PTR is down right now and I think it will be for the next day or two.

I'll try to be on at some point tonight, first GAF night for me.

IceMarker

Pandaman said:
mrmister putting in clock time. ♥

ptr or vanilla?
As BigAT said, PTR is down so vanilla, hell I haven't even touched PTR this whole time, and don't plan to.

Also, my computer doesn't like SCII and a stream encoder on at once, resulting in drops to 2-3 FPS, so the stream will have to be low quality, think GOM Standard Quality.

IceMarker

Cheeto said:
Awesome idea Mister... I'm for it.

Anyways, one last thing before I wait for tonight: I finally got the streaming capabilities of my mid-range machine stabilized and I invite you to all watch a little test game between me and a very hard CPU.
You get to see me play like crap and I get to see if you guys tolerate the quality of the stream! :lol
This is going to happen in a few minutes so as soon as you read this head over to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live right now to see the test stream! I'll start as soon as we get 2 or 3 people.

EDIT: Stream is done, Aylinato and Ultron reported my stream is good to go!

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:
jl2tsp.png

Good morning fellow North American GAF members!

I figured since we've been talking about having a more organized SCII GAF night for a while now, I thought I would go ahead and act as a pain kick in the ass to get this going for real!
Starting tonight will be the first ever real unofficial GAF night at 6pm (9pm Eastern)! Why all this arbitrary bull? Because I'm hoping this will get us ahead of those EU GAF members thinking they're better at throwing an SCII party than us! And to show them we can pull it off in the middle of the week! ...and because I'm willing to invest a couple hours every Wednesday just to playing Starcraft II with you all, because I secretly love you. GAF nights for the North American region will start at 6pm PST (9pm EST) every Wednesday from here on out or until we break down from insanity. We will be doing team games, 1v1's with spectators, and maybe even custom games to break the mold. You're welcome to join and leave at anytime, this just acts as a guide for GAF to play together.

And that's not all, as a little treat for GAF members who are in EU or simply can't load SCII that night I will try to horribly attempt to stream all our games that night from my computer!
You can find the stream on my brand spanking new Ustream, or my revived Livestream! Since I can't stream to both at once I will let you guys know what I'll be using that night... depends on which streaming service gives me more problems. Also, if you'd like to join in streaming our GAF nights, please post so with a link to your stream and I'll add you into the posts I will be making every Wednesday.

Here's a TL;DR recap of the post:

Well, I hope to see an abundance of NA Gaffers tonight, add me on SCII (MrMister#430) and I will invite you to any GAF chats that have begun (This will change once patch 1.2.0 comes out with Chat Channels), and those of you who can't attend watch the streams! See you then!

EDIT: I'm LIVE right now on the Ustream channel, if you wish to help me test the stream to see if everything is running smoothly for tonight, please join in and watch!
EDIT2: Stream worked fine! At least, I wasn't aware of any problems, I'll test more throughout the day on Ustream. My computer lags a bit when in SC2 but that is expected. Needless to say though I'm ready to take on streaming the first unofficial GAF night!
:((((((

Can we have one Thursday night too? I work tonight T_T

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
are you recording the stream too?

i know we've beaten this dead horse before, but commentary can be awesome fun.

IceMarker

Pandaman said:
are you recording the stream too?

i know we've beaten this dead horse before, but commentary can be awesome fun.
UStream has two main buttons, Broadcast and Record. Each do the obvious thing they're supposed to. Now unfortunately I can't use my mic and stream at the same time with the way my stream is setup, but I will hit record as the countdown starts for a game, and end the recording after a GG, at least that way you can re-watch the embarrassments on my archive. :lol

Actually, if you guys want to do commentaries why not just use the replay? :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrMister said:
UStream has two main buttons, Broadcast and Record. Each do the obvious thing they're supposed to. Now unfortunately I can't use my mic and stream at the same time with the way my stream is setup, but I will hit record as the countdown starts for a game, and end the recording after a GG, at least that way you can re-watch the embarrassments on my archive. :lol
:D rewatching embarrassments is all the fun. :p

Actually, if you guys want to do commentaries why not just use the replay? :D
i dont think anyone wants to put up with my 15fps commentaries anymore. :lol

IceMarker

I guess I could do post-game commentaries the day after GAF nights, I always wanted to see whether I am decent at casting or not. I need to upload new stuff to my YouTube anyways. :p

Cheeto

I wouldn't mind streaming/commentating... I have a pretty beastly computer it should handle it no problem. How long does it take to set up?

IceMarker

Cheeto said:
I wouldn't mind streaming/commentating... I have a pretty beastly computer it should handle it no problem. How long does it take to set up?
My Livestream and Ustream probably took around a combined total of 6-8 hours to setup. Livestream I've had forever though, so all I did was make adjustments, Ustream was relatively easy to make though. There's a good TeamLiquid tutorial for Ustream I found which helped speed me up. For Livestream all you really need is Procaster and a good internet connection. I'll be streaming on Ustream tonight because the interface is less cluttered and there's rarely any ads, unlike Livestream which demands you to watch them every 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom