• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

While I think it's silly to get super upset at someone not saying gg, at this point it is almost completely detached from its use as a value judgement about the game that was just played. It's just a polite way to surrender. If you care about coming across as polite, you gg. If you thought a game you lost was really good, I think a gg wp is more common at this point.

Idra does more than neglect to gg though. That's not what earned him his reputation. But he seems to make an effort to come across as professional in more visible settings than the ladder, which I suppose is where it really matters.

Cheeto

I was watching ggZerg's stream and I think I just saw the most creative use of banelings yet...

So ggzerg went ling/bane opening and the protoss opponent walled off completely into fast DTs, ggzerg did not scout the DTs but once they started harassing he moved 3 banes to each cloak blip and manually exploded them. Not sure if anyone else has ever seen that play but it was new to me and it blew my mind.

Neckbeard

Slavik81 said:
I'm not accusing you of lying.

But if this entire thing is over him not saying 'gg', it seems silly to me. Not every game can be a good one, otherwise 'good' is a meaningless adjective. To say that it was good, without believing it was, would be lying.

Something more equivalent of a handshake would be better. Allowing the player to respect and acknowledge his opponent without commenting on the game itself.

I don't have screencaps, but he said some pretty childish things at the end about how he was better and Huk was just cheesing (even though he was losing). You can leave without GG; that's perfectly fine. But don't go out of your way to disrespect your opponent just because you lost. That's my opinion.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Neckbeard said:
I don't have screencaps, but he said some pretty childish things at the end about how he was better and Huk was just cheesing (even though he was losing). You can leave without GG; that's perfectly fine. But don't go out of your way to disrespect your opponent just because you lost. That's my opinion.
huk WAS just cheesing.
cannon rush into 5 gate on 1base.
thats about as allin as protoss gets.

all day huk was doing sentry expands vs zerg, he was trolling because his opponent was idra.

Mairu

People take player behavior on ladder way too seriously. The amount of professionalism and "manners" is ridiculous. I don't expect them to behave that way in a tournament, but I don't really give a shit how they act on the ladder

Mairu

syllogism said:
That playxp megatourney with 768 players (and only 3 get paid hurr) started today. RO32 onwards will be offline, but unfortunately unlikely to be casted in English. The tournament pretty much moves at snail's pace though.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=173192
http://www.abko.co.kr/popup/star2_list02.php

Haypro, Ret, Jinro and HuK won their first matches, but looks like SelecT is out already
Are they releasing replays at least?
I'm guessing not :/

Mairu said:
People take player behavior on ladder way too seriously. The amount of professionalism and "manners" is ridiculous. I don't expect them to behave that way in a tournament, but I don't really give a shit how they act on the ladder
It's like Michael Jordan crying like a girl about someone playing too well against him in a school playground.

Normally no one would give a shit, but if you're involved in trying to legitimize competitive gaming as a sport, try not to live up to every rotten stereotype of the people involved.

Neckbeard

Pandaman said:
huk WAS just cheesing.
cannon rush into 5 gate on 1base.
thats about as allin as protoss gets.

all day huk was doing sentry expands vs zerg, he was trolling because his opponent was idra.

It doesn't matter if he was or wasn't. He was using a valid strategy. More importantly, it was a winning strategy. He didn't cheat. The only person Idra can be mad at is himself.

I can see you just don't care about being courteous to your fellow competitors. This is the last reply I'll make on the subject.

Mairu said:

I was raised differently.

Feep

Banned
Pandaman said:
that game was alot cooler in my memory. >_>
You posted four games, how am I supposed to know which to pick? :D

Besides, this isn't about you, it's about validating my casting ability. Duh.

Biff

Performance/Tech Question:

Currently running Ultra graphics. Game runs perfectly smooth on my oc'd GTX460 and 3.0GHz E6600... Except for when I drop into a game... Game slows to a crawl while (I'm assuming) it loads all the map textures in one swipe.

Is there anyway to fix this? I don't understand why the game stutters so badly for the first 3 seconds, then runs 100% smooth at a minimum of 40-50 fps for the rest of the game. This usually delays my opening split as the game crawls to accept my mine minerals order.

Maybe there's even a way to make the game run on low settings for the first 5 seconds of a game, then jump to Ultra later (by configfile editing or something... preferably without needing me to pause every game).

Thanks!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
It is scary how both of us didnt 4gate and went more macro games. Our third timings were almost identical lol
well, we're both zerg players.

honour of the hunt and all that.

DaFish

ChefRamsay said:
Performance/Tech Question:

Currently running Ultra graphics. Game runs perfectly smooth on my oc'd GTX460 and 3.0GHz E6600... Except for when I drop into a game... Game slows to a crawl while (I'm assuming) it loads all the map textures in one swipe.

Is there anyway to fix this? I don't understand why the game stutters so badly for the first 3 seconds, then runs 100% smooth at a minimum of 40-50 fps for the rest of the game. This usually delays my opening split as the game crawls to accept my mine minerals order.

Maybe there's even a way to make the game run on low settings for the first 5 seconds of a game, then jump to Ultra later (by configfile editing or something... preferably without needing me to pause every game).

Thanks!
Is it the first game you played since booting up SC or is it all games?

What I'm trying to say is... my first game always has that 3 sec stutter but then every game after that is fine

Biff

DaFish said:
Is it the first game you played since booting up SC or is it all games?

What I'm trying to say is... my first game always has that 3 sec stutter but then every game after that is fine
First game is the worst, but other games after that do still have a stutter (not *as* bad but still noticeable).

After a bit of browsing, it appears that there is little difference between high and ultra settings... Hmmm... Apparently the performance difference is huge though. Might just lower it to high settings and see if I still get the stutter!

Spl1nter

In the 3 games I have faced protoss on the ladder the first two I got 4 gated and completely lost. However the third was on scrap and he Forge fast expanded. He then did some phoenix harrass which was very ineffective. So i took a quick third at the gold and just completely ran over him with 200 supply army of roach hydra at 15 min mark. He had transitioned to collosi but only had 2 out which was no match for zerg power! I think im going to get overlord speed from now on the zvp and zvt. It is just so nice having fast overlords for creep spread

Also I noticed I have an unusual problem. I am pretty good on my injects but horrible at building units :lol :lol :lol I have a shit ton of resources and larvae but i never combine the two for so long.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yea you cant really go wrong with ovie speed.

phoenixes are less of a worry, you can always scout and you'll never have a bunch die if, say, you somehow rallied 7 of them to your opponents base without noticing.

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
yea you cant really go wrong with ovie speed.

phoenixes are less of a worry, you can always scout and you'll never have a bunch die if, say, you somehow rallied 7 of them to your opponents base without noticing.

:lol :lol :lol

Well I had 4 queens in total and a spore at each base, plus I put the hydra den down right away. I think they may of sniped 2 of my queens but I remade them. Definitely not cost effective at all. He never even scouted the gold lol

I really need to learn how to hold off 4 gate :/. You are supposed to cut drones in the low 20s and just mass speedlings. Issue is I can never tell if he is going 4 gate, but then again I forgot to check nexus chrono...

btkadams

hey guys, so i've read online on various websites that when you complete the campaign there is an option to change the background in sc2. where do i find this option? i right-clicked everywhere and looked through the menu but i can't find an option. i beat the game yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom