• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporak

Spl1nter said:
:lol :lol :lol

Well I had 4 queens in total and a spore at each base, plus I put the hydra den down right away. I think they may of sniped 2 of my queens but I remade them. Definitely not cost effective at all. He never even scouted the gold lol

I really need to learn how to hold off 4 gate :/. You are supposed to cut drones in the low 20s and just mass speedlings. Issue is I can never tell if he is going 4 gate, but then again I forgot to check nexus chrono...

Just build some spine crawlers. A couple well placed spine crawlers and an army 1/2 to 2/3 the resources of the Toss army is enough to stop a 4 gate with cash to spare for econ. I never 4 gate anymore precisely since it seems so easy to stop from the Protoss perspective. You can still be vulnerable to blink stalkers though, as they'll just go right by the spinecrawlers, so that's something you need to scout for.

Spl1nter

Vaporak said:
Just build some spine crawlers. A couple well placed spine crawlers and an army 1/2 to 2/3 the resources of the Toss army is enough to stop a 4 gate with cash to spare for econ. I never 4 gate anymore precisely since it seems so easy to stop from the Protoss perspective. You can still be vulnerable to blink stalkers though, as they'll just go right by the spinecrawlers, so that's something you need to scout for.

I think im just too greedy of a zerg. If i am unable to get really good scouting info I have to stop being so greedy and play more safe. A 2100 diamond terran completely destroyed me with a 3 rax push on temple. Problem was I couldnt scout so I expected the usual thor or tank on cliff. Instead it was a push out at ~60 supply with half of his scvs. I didnt get a bane nest. Pretty difficult push to stop in general...

Funny enough it was my best macro game as my average unspent resources was 285

Snow

btkadams said:
hey guys, so i've read online on various websites that when you complete the campaign there is an option to change the background in sc2. where do i find this option? i right-clicked everywhere and looked through the menu but i can't find an option. i beat the game yesterday.
Should happen automatically. Just make sure the last save is the one made after the game ends.

Feep

Banned
If someone wants to post another replay...

(I know Aylinato, but you already had one, and I hate FFA's anyway = P)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Feep said:
Besides, this isn't about you
strange... i know what these words mean, but they dont make any sense in the order you wrote them.

on an unrelated note:
PLJd2.png

people online are starting to do huk's walloff. ;_;

Feep

Banned
Pandaman said:
strange... i know what these words mean, but they dont make any sense in the order you wrote them.

on an unrelated note:
8y9C7.png

people online are starting to do huk's walloff. ;_;
What is Huk's walloff?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Feep said:
What is Huk's walloff?
zealot/pylon at the bottom of your own ramp.
you give away a bit of surface area, but zerg cant see the highground or check the front for army composition and protoss doesn't have to invest alot or destroy a building to move.

if zerg scouts late, they wont know your tech without committing to harass or risking an ovie.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
congrats spl1nter, not at all surprised that you were promoted.
will watch rep.

warbringer was the hero reaver right? big shoes to fill there. :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Spl1nter said:
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/Spl1nter3/diamond.jpg[/IM]

Yay just got promoted to diamond. Ironically enough this game was against a low level plat. However it was a great won. Thors are so strong. Overall a great game on shakuras.

[url]http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/115445-1v1-terran-zerg-shakuras-plateau[/url]

Definitely recommend you cast it feep.[/QUOTE]

Congrats!

I can feel myself slowly crawling into Platinum league.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Jesus I hate this game sometimes :lol

Im trying some 1v1s on ladder for first time in 2 months or so. Fucking just lost to 3 hatch in main mass lings (just lings). All the sudden he had mutas around 12-13 min mark and I was fucked :/

remz

Don't stim against voids? I always though stim would be the way to go so they don't charge or whatever. Ah well, lesson learned.

Spl1nter

Corran Horn said:
Jesus I hate this game sometimes :lol

Im trying some 1v1s on ladder for first time in 2 months or so. Fucking just lost to 3 hatch in main mass lings (just lings). All the sudden he had mutas around 12-13 min mark and I was fucked :/

lol how the hell they he pull that transition after 600 in min on hatcheries. What race were you playing as?

remz said:
Don't stim against voids? I always though stim would be the way to go so they don't charge or whatever. Ah well, lesson learned.

situation dependent. Obviously dont stim in situations were they can escape without any losses

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Spl1nter said:
lol how the hell they he pull that transition after 600 in min on hatcheries.

situation dependent. Obviously dont stim in situations were they can escape without any losses
I had too many stalkers in bad spots. I put pressure and killed a hatchery then a million lings killed my army. I should have just retreated but I thought....dude had 3 hatches in main making lings only...I got this!
:lol

I also love that Im gold ranking, havnt played in months for 1v1 and playing diamond players constantly :lol

Spl1nter

Corran Horn said:
I had too many stalkers in bad spots. I put pressure and killed a hatchery then a million lings killed my army. I should have just retreated but I thought....dude had 3 hatches in main making lings only...I got this!
:lol

I also love that Im gold ranking, havnt played in months for 1v1 and playing diamond players constantly :lol

your mmr must be pretty high then. Get ready for a promotion! But really a diamond with 3 hatch in base :lol :lol :lol

Slavik81

I love the 2v2 muta-ling strategy. Thanks for recommending it, guys. We've had great success. Muta harrass forces them into marines, hydras, etc. Then come the banelings. So many banelings!
Replay at: http://www.mediafire.com/?v7uyzyh80z66a60

somanybanelings2.jpg

One of our opponent's computers started lagging up when we rolled the banelings and mutas into his base

nilbog21

Banned
yo guys im finsihing up my semester and i want to get back into 1v1s during christmas break. are there any good/serious players interested in playing with me?

valenti do u still play this game? i never see you on.. but i havent been on that often :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
aw, totally saw that coming. looking at the minimap i had a feeling his forward zergling was alittle too far back. :(

totally missed the attack incoming.

Meeru

Banned
nilbog21 said:
yo guys im finsihing up my semester and i want to get back into 1v1s during christmas break. are there any good/serious players interested in playing with me?

valenti do u still play this game? i never see you on.. but i havent been on that often :(
i still play but im gonna wait for ladder reset lol

Spl1nter

scfou did complete all-in marine cheese with like 4 marines and most of scvs. Idra fends it off and scfou just leaves the game. Idra then messages him "Fuck you"

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
scfou did complete all-in marine cheese with like 4 marines and most of scvs. Idra fends it off and scfou just leaves the game. Idra then messages him "Fuck you"

i loved him blaming it on idra not gging.
he didnt gg either. :lol

besides, ofcourse idra isnt going to start gging when everyone on the ladder cheeses him.

---

korean queen has a good voice, reminds me of sc1. zergier than the english one.

keuja

Spl1nter said:

I thought Idra's BM was exagerated but in reality it's even worse
Idra: fuck you
ScfOu: you no gg
Idra: cuz I don't play like a little piece of shit
Idra: you do
Idra: show some respect to your superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom