• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

Looks like Idra has reworked his zvt. He doesn't get spire/muta right away with lair. He delays it quite a bit till he has a 3rd but stockpiles vespene so he has 10-15 muta all at once. He is also really using macro hatches in the match-up.

Val, something along the line of anyone who doesnt think zerg is horrible is retarded :lol

keuja said:
I thought Idra's BM was exagerated but in reality it's even worse
Idra: fuck you
ScfOu: you no gg
Idra: cuz I don't play like a little piece of shit
Idra: you do
Idra: show some respect to your superior
Idra represents the typical internet nerd rage to a T.

Spl1nter

Before idra rolled over that guy in the last game, in the last push by the T he did a crazy instant split of his units. How the hell did he do that?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
Before idra rolled over that guy in the last game, in the last push by the T he did a crazy instant split of his units. How the hell did he do that?
the metalopolis game where the marines split into two lines?
yeah that was odd...

Aylinato

btkadams said:
hey guys, so i've read online on various websites that when you complete the campaign there is an option to change the background in sc2. where do i find this option? i right-clicked everywhere and looked through the menu but i can't find an option. i beat the game yesterday.
I have heard of it changing but not manually

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
the metalopolis game where the marines split into two lines?
yeah that was odd...

ya the metal game. and it wasnt two lines but like 5-6 groups from the one group, and it was almost instantaneous. My only guess is he had set up the units in control groups prior to be able to perform that micro.

Cheeto

Spl1nter said:

Yay just got promoted to diamond. Ironically enough this game was against a low level plat. However it was a great won. Thors are so strong. Overall a great game on shakuras.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/115445-1v1-terran-zerg-shakuras-plateau

Definitely recommend you cast it feep.
Daamn, congrats... I thought it'd be a matter of time for you once you laddered more.

LakeEarth

God, if someone drone rushed me and I knew I couldn't stop it, I would get a few workers out of my base and build as much as I could all around the map so that it would take as long as possible. If I were Terran, I'd half build bunkers and salvage them when they get attacked just to build another one somewhere else (assuming you have at least one more building left). You wanna win like that, you're gonna have to work for it.

Cheeto

LakeEarth said:
God, if someone drone rushed me and I knew I couldn't stop it, I would get a few workers out of my base and build as much as I could all around the map so that it would take as long as possible. If I were Terran, I'd half build bunkers and salvage them when they get attacked just to build another one somewhere else (assuming you have at least one more building left). You wanna win like that, you're gonna have to work for it.
Yeah but they can just send their rushing drones back home and macro up again, and you'll be so far behind

Feep

Banned
What's the official (Protoss) response to a Drone rush? You can double extractor trick into 12 drones without having to waste 100 minerals on supply, as your opponent is sure to do. Because of that, when the Zerg arrives, he's going to have about two more workers than you.

I guess very slowly kiting, stop-engage, kiting is the way to go. I believe Protoss shields regenerate much quicker than Zerg HP, so eventually, you can whittle them down...

Feep said:
What's the official (Protoss) response to a Drone rush? You can double extractor trick into 12 drones without having to waste 100 minerals on supply, as your opponent is sure to do. Because of that, when the Zerg arrives, he's going to have about two more workers than you.

I guess very slowly kiting, stop-engage, kiting is the way to go. I believe Protoss shields regenerate much quicker than Zerg HP, so eventually, you can whittle them down...

do you want to cast it? :D

Feep said:

Pull all your probes off the line and run away from the drones. Micro 3 or so to pick off what you can. If he sends any to attack your pylon you can pick those off those easily. You should be able to produce more probes than he has drones by the time he gets to you, or at least have enough mineral to make more when he's already there. Just keep the probes moving so that he can't surround them and you'll win pretty handily.

I got drone rushed in a FFA once and it was pretty lame. He didn't kill me but theres no way to catch up with the other two players on the field at that point.

btkadams

i have a test tonight so i can't go on but id love to play with some gaffers this week. i've been finally getting back into this game now that classes are done. i'm sure you're all vastly better than me so we'd have to play ffa or something because i'd probably get yelled at if i was on one of your teams lol.

Meeru

Banned
btkadams said:
i have a test tonight so i can't go on but id love to play with some gaffers this week. i've been finally getting back into this game now that classes are done. i'm sure you're all vastly better than me so we'd have to play ffa or something because i'd probably get yelled at if i was on one of your teams lol.
we don't play teams we 1on1

Ecto311

Don't like to toot my own horn, but after 300+ games in random 3v3 here I am:

photo.JPG

Now how do I get into silver aside from not sucking?

Snowman

So I hadn't played starcraft in a while and I'm a bit of a noob anyway (bronze league), so when I first started playing again a couple of weeks ago, I was getting beat most of the time but I stuck with it and now I'm winning almost all my games. I'm actually on a 10 win streak atm :lol

Anyways, I was just wondering how long it's gonna be before I get promoted and I start getting my ass kicked again?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
btkadams said:
CuwsK.gif

sounds intimidating, i might have to bail out.
look at it this way, if you have mumble, you can judge people with us!
if you dont, you'll never know all the horrible things we say!

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
look at it this way, if you have mumble, you can judge people with us!
if you dont, you'll never know all the horrible things we say!

It really is a lot of fun. Plus our overtly harsh criticisms will make you a better player :D

Spl1nter

btkadams said:
wait, why wouldnt you use the one in the game??

Then people would have to be in a party when on the lobby screen. Im pretty sure you cant start a custom 1v1 map with more then 2 people in a party. Not to mention the voice quality, latency is shit when it works. Mumble is just a great standalone chat program

Pandaman said:
you guys need to criticize me more, you only do it when im vs val. ;_;

Dont worry if you are on tonight I will rip the shit of you :D

Meeru

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Then people would have to be in a perty. You cant start a custom 1v1 map with more then 2 people in a party I think. Not to mention the voice quality, latency is shit when it works.
What no. You don't have to be in a party to speak with each other. Unless you're talking bout talking while not in game..

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ecto311 said:
Don't like to toot my own horn, but after 300+ games in random 3v3 here I am:

photo.JPG

Now how do I get into silver aside from not sucking?
Play games based on skill instead of random people doing stuff? aka 1v1 :D
Hop on a GAF night, I'm sure you will learn a lot.
btkadams said:
wait, why wouldnt you use the one in the game??
It is terrible.

Spl1nter

Hazaro said:

My play has improved exponentially in the last few days. Still so much room for improvement but I can tell that I am becoming a better player because of GAF Nights!

Feep

Banned
I casted the Splinter game and encoded it, but it's 0.97 GB, and my upload speed sucks. I'll leave it going overnight, and post it here tomorrow. :D

Ecto311

Hazaro said:
Play games based on skill instead of random people doing stuff? aka 1v1 :D
I would but I am stuck to one hand (injured left) and know im not shit because I can't hot key anything. I can just mouse and maybe shift click. When I get better and don't bring down others I might give gaf night a shot.

right now I'm just trying to claw out of bronze by 3rax 2 reactor 1 tec mass bullshit

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ecto311 said:
I would but I am stuck to one hand (injured left) and know im not shit because I can't hot key anything. I can just mouse and maybe shift click. When I get better and don't bring down others I might give gaf night a shot.

right now I'm just trying to claw out of bronze by 3rax 2 reactor 1 tec mass bullshit
That certainly will impair you a bit. Can't you drag and select hotkeys only using the mouse though? I might be mistaken.

Ecto311

Hazaro said:
That certainly will impair you a bit. Can't you drag and select hotkeys only using the mouse though? I might be mistaken.
I assign things to the 1-0 key spots but click them and the actions have to be clicked.

Meeru

Banned
I put my marauders up front to prepare for mass zerg/baneling waves. Splinter counters by attacking them with mutas. X(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom