• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep

Banned
DAMN am I on a roll.

1) Just beat my first ever Diamond League player. (He had 637 wins!)
2) Won my last seven ladder matches, and ten of my last eleven.
3) I said godDAMN I'm on a roll.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Feep said:
DAMN am I on a roll.

1) Just beat my first ever Diamond League player. (He had 637 wins!)
2) Won my last seven ladder matches, and ten of my last eleven.
3) I said godDAMN I'm on a roll.
Now the bNet overseer will see this and crush your spirit. :lol

Slavik81

MrMister said:
Guys, I just got back from work! Get online and on Mumble!
You finish work so late. We had a pretty awesome time earlier this evening. I learned so much playing splinter... And learned a bit about cannon rushing against dizzy. (Sorry, dizzy).

Seriously GAFers. Get on mumble! So much fun. Every night should be GAF-Night.

Cheeto

Slavik81 said:
You finish work so late. We had a pretty awesome time earlier this evening. I learned so much playing splinter... And learned a bit about cannon rushing against dizzy. (Sorry, dizzy).

Seriously GAFers. Get on mumble! So much fun. Every night should be GAF-Night.
Every night is gaf night going forward for me. It's the best coaching... cheeto, put guys on gas... cheeto, you made an expo you should probably mine from it, cheeto, don't a-move your templars... cheeto, spend your money

Ecto311 said:
Don't like to toot my own horn, but after 300+ games in random 3v3 here I am:

photo.JPG

Now how do I get into silver aside from not sucking?

High bronze is like purgatory. You are stuck there to atone for all your sucking earlier on in life.

Don't worry though, soon Christ will come and wipe the slate clean (ladder reset).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TheRagnCajun said:
High bronze is like purgatory. You are stuck there to atone for all your sucking earlier on in life.

Don't worry though, soon Christ will come and wipe the slate clean (ladder reset).
losing the 1 placement match would be so heart crushing for him.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
so basically no change from your normal builds? :p

have to say, did not ever expect to have my infestors emp'd. >_>
No fungal means MMM entire game.
Stim and Snipe foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ronok

So, a while back I finally purchased SC2. I always watched matches, but never played because despite knowing what to do, my hands never wanted to cooperate. Anyway, I started playing, and was obviously quite bad. I lost my first 5-6 games, and that's where my frustrations began.
Since then, I kept up a good win loss ratio, and now I'm winning the vast majority of my games. I've won 21 of my last 25 matches.

My problem is I'm constantly being placed against even match players, and they are just no where near as good as me. I'm crushing them. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows when this will change. It seems them first losses killed match making for me and the game won't let me progress. Halp? lol

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1642634/1/Ronok/matches

Ronok said:
My problem is I'm constantly being placed against even match players, and they are just no where near as good as me. I'm crushing them. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows when this will change. It seems them first losses killed match making for me and the game won't let me progress. Halp? lol

no one knows when it will change, blizzard's matchmaking system works in mysterious ways :) keep playing well and soon you'll face much fiercer competition.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ronok said:
So, a while back I finally purchased SC2. I always watched matches, but never played because despite knowing what to do, my hands never wanted to cooperate. Anyway, I started playing, and was obviously quite bad. I lost my first 5-6 games, and that's where my frustrations began.
Since then, I kept up a good win loss ratio, and now I'm winning the vast majority of my games. I've won 21 of my last 25 matches.

You should be leveling out pretty soon. Provided you aren't 1 base all-in every game.

Ronok said:

also you need to add all of EU gaf.
mescalineyes 581 :)

Majine

Banned
How do you switch the Terran buildings addons as instantaneously as I see on VoDs? Is there some trick to it?

EDIT: I don't mean cancelling the building addon, but lifting two buildings and place them on eachothers addon.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Majine said:
How do you switch the Terran buildings addons as instantaneously as I see on VoDs? Is there some trick to it?

EDIT: I don't mean cancelling the building addon, but lifting two buildings and place them on eachothers addon.
Be quick about it.

Cheeto

Majine said:

Select both, hit L... select one hit L click the ground, select the other hit L click the ground

LakeEarth

Since I am apparently too chicken to play 1v1s, judging by how little I've been playing lately, I was wondering if anyone could point me to some good team game builds. I know I should sacrifice economy to build units earlier due to super early aggression, but that's about it.

Deadman

I didnt understand how id lost a game i just played so i reviewed the replay. I had a scout at his expansion so i knew he hadnt expanded, yet he got a billion units and was actually ahead in supply in the final couple of battles.

He'd taken the gold quite early on.

Expanding to the gold before your natural is cheating and banned from now on.

Feep

Banned
Deadman said:
I didnt understand how id lost a game i just played so i reviewed the replay. I had a scout at his expansion so i knew he hadnt expanded, yet he got a billion units and was actually ahead in supply in the final couple of battles.

He'd taken the gold quite early on.

Expanding to the gold before your natural is cheating and banned from now on.
Not scouting the map is banned from now on.

(._.)

Banned
I'm gonna be out of town for a week but when I get back can I practice with you guys? I'm currently ranked bronze but I have two friends that are gold ranked and I beat them all the time in custom games. I want to ladder more but I want to get some more practice in with high level players. High ranked players leave custom games I make :(

I play Protoss btw.

ultron87

Trin3785 said:
my biggest problem =(

Yeah, there's a reason that in the replay Panda linked above I walked right past his gold expansion. I had no idea it was there because I was so concentrated on trying to break his main.

Feep

Banned
Hazaro said:
You asked for reps earlier and you get no long games.
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME.
That one was pretty long!

I want to avoid people-repeats for awhile, if I can. But I haven't cast you yet, so if you have a good game between you and someone I haven't yet casted, let me know.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Feep said:
That one was pretty long!

I want to avoid people-repeats for awhile, if I can. But I haven't cast you yet, so if you have a good game between you and someone I haven't yet casted, let me know.
But then you can have a macro terran winning and a macro terran losing and point out the mistakes and decisions the players made to arrive at such state!

In depth analysis! Exciting expansions! Map architecture! Tech paths!
Without player drama these are just games!

It is your job to bring these people to life!!

Spl1nter

valenti said:
splinter rematch tonight

I dont think I can play tonight. Have to study for a final. Ill be on tomorrow night however for GAF Night! We're we make Cheeto a better player ;)

I have to say dizzy is looking amazing. He just seems to be getting better and better.

Hazaro said:
It is your job to bring these people to life!!

Splinter: the only zerg who stockpiles both larvae and resources and refuses to use them

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Spl1nter said:
I dont think I can play tonight. Have to study for a final. Ill be on tomorrow night however for GAF Night! We're we make Cheeto a better player ;)

I have to say dizzy is looking amazing. He just seems to be getting better and better.

Splinter: the only zerg who stockpiles both larvae and resources and refuses to use them
Even from his 2 games I've seen he most certainly does not look like a Silver player.
We'll have him in Plat by the end of next week easy.

Meeru

Banned
Spl1nter said:

crap i work tomoorrow, unless i get optioned

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:
Just a reminder guys that tomorrow is the big GAF night every Wednesday, but that doesn't stop us from having fun every night! :D
lol srsly u brought all the gaffers back to sc2 :*)

IceMarker

valenti said:
lol srsly u brought all the gaffers back to sc2 :*)
You're welcome. ;D

a40euw.png

I'll write up a comprehensive post tomorrow with all the info about GAF night, what we'll play, where the streams are, Mumble information, etc.
See you guys tonight and definitely tomorrow night!

EDIT: For those who aren't aware, this will be the second weekly GAF night, and I will always be streaming the first half of GAF nights. Other streams, such as Cheeto's, will also be streaming live. In addition, GAF members like Feep have agreed to take time out of their day to cast a few of our games. Like I said though, I'll write up a more comprehensive post tomorrow.

GAF night, eh?

Maybe I'll come get my ass kicked.

Anyone signing up for the eP Platinum Gamers Tournament?

We would like to gladly announce the resurrection of Gosucoaching's "Gold Gamers Weekly" tournament! After about a month of negotiation with Gosucoaching.com, we have worked out a deal; Clan eP will now be running the weekly tournament, but with a slight twist.

For those of you who don't know what Gosucoaching's Gold Gamers was, it was a weekly tournament that began in mid-beta. It was a 64-man event created to let the up-and-coming amateur gamers have a chance to win free coaching from professional players, to help them reach their potential. The original design was for only Gold and under players to participate, but after a unanimous decision we have decided to expand the tournament to allow players Platinum and under, due to a considerable amount of feedback from users.

Here's the new format and details for the NEW Plat Gamers Weekly Tournament:

Rules (Subject to change):
- >>NEW!<< All players MUST check-in: check-in starts at 6:30PM EST the day of the tournament and goes until 7:20PM EST! (PM Killerhands BEFOREHAND if you cannot make it to check-in but can still make it in time for the tournament and I'll arrange a way for you to do that!)
--In order to check in login to IRC(details below) and state "username.charactercode checking in" and I will confirm your check-in status.
- All players MUST set their status to BUSY while playing their matches.
- No spectators allowed in your match (except streamer and casters if applicable)
- If a player cannot be contacted within 20 minutes of their match being posted the present player will be awarded a walk-over to the next round.
- All score reporting MUST be done via IRC in the Official Clan eP channel (irc.quakenet.org #ClanEP). You can access the channel by clicking "HERE" or login using your favorite IRC client. (PM Killerhands if you have trouble logging into IRC BEFORE the tournament starts)
- Players must remain respectful to their opponent. If there is a complaint a decision will be made by the tournament Admins on whether or not prosecution of the offender will be needed.
- Each player can elect to veto ONE map in the map pool (for BO3 and BO5 series) that cannot be played in the series.

Map Breakdown(Subject to change):
- RO64: Xel naga Caverns (Best of 1)
- RO32: Metalopolis (Best of 1)
- RO16: Shakuras Plateau (Best of 1)
- RO8: Jungle Basin (Best of 3)
- Semi-finals: Lost Temple (Best of 3)
- Finals: iCCup Valhalla (Best of 5)
- For BO3 and BO5 it's Loser's Pick after the first game!

Map Pool (Subject to change):
Lost Temple
Metalopolis
Steppes of War
Xel’naga Caverns
Jungle Basin
Delta Quadrant
Shakuras Plateau
iCCup Sungsu Crossing
iCCup Valhalla
iCCup Enigma

TL Thread