• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Apparently GSL Open S1 VOD ticket is available for purchase for $10 now because the season is over.

People who bought the $30 S1 pass will apparently get some kind of discount for S2 for customer loyalty or something, but they didn't say how much of a discount.

mcrae

Zzoram said:
Apparently after WCG before their flight back to South Korea, the SK team went to a pool to hang out. Kal fell into the deep end of a pool, didn't know how to swim, and started drowning. An American referee present at the time dived in to try to save him, but wasn't a strong enough swimmer and was struggling to not drown himself trying to help Kal so he backed off. Jaedong apparently didn't know how to swim either. Flash ended up saving Kal because he was a strong enough swimmer.

Flash = Greatest Starcraft player of all time + real life hero.

having grown up with a pool in my backyard, i cant imagine not being a strong swimmer (enough not to drown in an indoor pool) thats pretty scary.

Zzoram

You can't be placed into Diamond so don't worry about it too much. At worst you'll end up 1 league above where you should be, but then you'll lose ~10 games and get demoted and be fine.

KuroNeeko

Did my premature death just crash battlenet?

Sorry guys, got killed by diamondbacks as I was heading back to the heal tower.

I wonder if Starcraft servers will get murdered when the big wow patches come out and blow everything up at Blizzard like they always do.

Mystery

The servers seemed to be okay, I got into a 1v1, then right when I got my Cybernetics Core, I got disconnected, and then I got a battle.net internal error. :(

Still hasn't kicked me yet but I cant do anything, search for games or look at my stats or anything. Shitty. I want to do some Funday Monday shenanigans!

EDIT: Oh, there it goes. Disconnect.

EDIT 2: Bnet failing miserably tonight. I think I'm done, I'll play some more Shadow Assault with you tomorrow Mister.

Fjord

Funday mondaying has me seeing ghosts in a new light. I'm just demolishing muta harass, easily launching nukes with scans and straight up fighting most light armies like hydras I come across. Medivacs are lucky if all they lose is their energy on the way to the drop as a few ghosts can really crank the damage on their fragile light frames.

jasonng

I managed to sneak in a quick ladder match before bnet went down again. Man, the 5 roach push is crazy good against silver/gold players.

IceMarker

Pyke Presco said:
Still hasn't kicked me yet but I cant do anything, search for games or look at my stats or anything. Shitty. I want to do some Funday Monday shenanigans!

EDIT 2: Bnet failing miserably tonight. I think I'm done, I'll play some more Shadow Assault with you tomorrow Mister.
I don't blame you, I just got a total disconnect this time... Anyways, I appreciate those of you who helped beta test tonight!

I guess it's a good time to announce that Shadow Assault 2.0 will gladly be released tomorrow around 12pm PST.

JoeFu

Banned
Keikaku said:
Anyone want to do a 3v3 or 4v4 for Funday Monday? :D

I'd like to, but BNET is screwing up like crazy right now for me.

MrMister said:
I don't blame you, I just got a total disconnect this time... Anyways, I appreciate those of you who helped beta test tonight!

I guess it's a good time to announce that Shadow Assault 2.0 will gladly be released tomorrow around 12pm PST.

Yay! Shadow Assault is fun stuff, this was the first time I played with other people though. Really awesome

Keikaku

Pyke Presco said:

If BNet let's you, I'm game :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
vicissitudes said:
They usually 6-pool or maybe 7,8 pool as they do this rush and if you're doing the standard 14-pool your spawning pool won't be done by the time they lay down the spine.
standard 14 pool in zvz?
dohoho.

Sblargh

Banned
So, I want to play zerg, someone has a nice stable opening I can use just to feel safe?
Like, when overlord, when pool, when queen, when speed it's all I need to feel secure (after that I think I'll go with the flow, based on scouting).

Like, with Protoss, I go 9 pylon, 12 gate, 13 gas and take it from there and works well enough.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Sblargh said:
So, I want to play zerg, someone has a nice stable opening I can use just to feel safe?
Like, when overlord, when pool, when queen, when speed it's all I need to feel secure (after that I think I'll go with the flow, based on scouting).

Like, with Protoss, I go 9 pylon, 12 gate, 13 gas and take it from there and works well enough.
numbers account for lost drones. ie:14gas/14pool= 14gas[build a drone]14pool
9 ovie
10 scout
14 gas.
14 pool.
15 ovie.
16 queen/speed
22 expand
22 lair
22 gas.

congrats, you're now me. :p

Sblargh

Banned
Pandaman said:
numbers account for lost drones. ie:14gas/14pool= 14gas[build a drone]14pool
9 ovie
10 scout
14 gas.
14 pool.
15 ovie.
16 queen/speed
22 expand
22 lair
22 gas.

congrats, you're now me. :p

Oh, I wish.
;*

Keikaku

Guys, you need to get in on this Funday Monday thing. Pyke and I are having a ball coming up with funky unit comps.

First game, we went Sentries+roaches. The last game we just went probes. Pyke build 300+ probes :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: From 16 Nexii :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DOUBLE EDIT: Keikaku.609 to join us and get the ball rolling

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So I've been playing around with a 12 hatch build. Usually this goes up just before a scout comes around so there's almost always early pressure, but it all goes down on the expansion, which can afford to take some damage before letting you retaliate harder than they expect.

I have to use it more to see if it's actually that viable, but it's definitely fun.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Sblargh said:
Oh, I wish.
;*
that build into muta into ultralisk will rape most people on the ladder. hard. :p

its like whoops, i survived your push and now muta is here.
whoops i expanded under the muta.
whoops i've matched your supply with just the ultralisk portion of my army.
kekeke.

JoeFu

Banned
Anybody else doing the funday monday thing? Keikaku said his group was full. I really want to get in on this!

Keikaku

We need to get a good, but interesting unit comp. Pyke suggested chargelots for himself and those are always good. Sentries are surprising good with support too :lol :lol :lol

Tenks

I found out my girlfriend is friends with another girl who speaks fluent Korean but refuses to invite her to come over and watch Starcraft with me :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
Apparently after WCG before their flight back to South Korea, the SK team went to a pool to hang out. Kal fell into the deep end of a pool, didn't know how to swim, and started drowning. An American referee present at the time dived in to try to save him, but wasn't a strong enough swimmer and was struggling to not drown himself trying to help Kal so he backed off. Jaedong apparently didn't know how to swim either. Flash ended up saving Kal because he was a strong enough swimmer.

Flash = Greatest Starcraft player of all time + real life hero.
Dumb kids :lol

FoxSpirit

Tenks said:
I found out my girlfriend is friends with another girl who speaks fluent Korean but refuses to invite her to come over and watch Starcraft with me :(

:lol :lol :lol

Is that other girl even interested in Starcraft, by any remote chance?

JoeFu

Banned
Well that was fun. I forgot to put spines up in my base, would have helped but 6 pool is no fun :(

This is madness though, gotta love FUNDAY MONDAY!

God damn this shit is hard. It's really tough to get a good synergy going, and when one or two people pick relatively high tech units on a big open map...well, they tend to get stomped when the first army comes through their door. I feel you almost have to get 2 or 3 guys going tier 1.5 at highest and then do some early aggression, as well as hope for team bases, but that isnt really interesting. Very tough to do.

Also, Archons and medivacs is a terrible combo. Just so you know, that 10 health means nothing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
*clap*

What fun. yeah, needa stick to a selection really and plan it out over a few games...

a strategy in a 4v4?... madness.

mcrae

Pyke Presco said:
God damn this shit is hard. It's really tough to get a good synergy going, and when one or two people pick relatively high tech units on a big open map...well, they tend to get stomped when the first army comes through their door. I feel you almost have to get 2 or 3 guys going tier 1.5 at highest and then do some early aggression, as well as hope for team bases, but that isnt really interesting. Very tough to do.

Also, Archons and medivacs is a terrible combo. Just so you know, that 10 health means nothing.

well day9 will only ast interesting games, right? which wont happen with a standard zealot/marine/stalker/BC unit choice. so basically if you actually want to do it, and have FUN.... you're gonna have a shiiiiitty record lol.

i also feel like it would be easier to have a silly ass game with people who are really low in skill

Zzoram

I imagine pure investor would be viable of your allies did tier 1.5. Fungal and infested Terran works pretty well

LakeEarth

Zzoram said:
I imagine pure investor would be viable of your allies did tier 1.5. Fungal and infested Terran works pretty well
Oooh infestor colossus with some anti-air could be a sick combo.

JoeFu

Banned
Until a team with 3 terran that go MMM stroll into one of your bases and kills you in a few seconds while you were teching up.

Some of the maps are just terrible for this thing. Too hard to get your guys over to defend because of the walking distances.

mcrae said:
well day9 will only ast interesting games, right? which wont happen with a standard zealot/marine/stalker/BC unit choice. so basically if you actually want to do it, and have FUN.... you're gonna have a shiiiiitty record lol.

i also feel like it would be easier to have a silly ass game with people who are really low in skill

Yeah, this is what makes it so tough. You know it's gotta be something cool and off the wall, which means it's going to fail A LOT before you finally get a good game out of it. It sucks because these tier 1.5 armies just arent interesting enough to really make a cast, but the tier 2.5-3 armies are so slow to get rolling that you need terrible opponents to pull it off. It's a bad mix all around, and very tough to do.

ultron87

Ghost/Dark Templar/Raven/Phoenix

Just have the Phoenixes snipe all their mobile detection and you win (unless they're playing Terran, shhhhh).

And everyone will have plenty of excess minerals to build defenses with. And the terrans can just give their excess to the Toss to put cannons at everyone's bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom