• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

wow just played a terran who did a 3 rax all-in scvs and marine push. Luckily he fucking sucked and I had two spines down. I lost my natural and all its drones but was able to take him out when he came up into the main. Then i just ran into his base as his depot was down :lol. Sniped the mule and 2 scvs he had left

YakiSOBA

Spl1nter said:
wow just played a terran who did a 3 rax all-in scvs and marine push. Luckily he fucking sucked and I had two spines down. I lost my natural and all its drones but was able to take him out when he came up into the main. Then i just ran into his base as his depot was down :lol. Sniped the mule and 2 scvs he had left

lol he did it wrong, supposed to grab SCV's around 4.5min with 6 marines behind and rush in (2rax) its so damn cheap... :(

Spl1nter

YakiSOBA said:
lol he did it wrong, supposed to grab SCV's around 4.5min with 6 marines behind and rush in (2rax) its so damn cheap... :(

No he didn't do it wrong. I decided to play safe and put down an extra spine along with having a scout at the front of his base so I could see what he was pushing out with and when giving me time to make lings. That is one variation of numerous all-ins that terran can do with barracks in the early game.

Spl1nter

I lost one game on ladder to fast void ray toss. Watched the replay and noticed what changes I could make and the very next game the strategy was used against me and I won :D

Basically need to keep that drone alive in his base for as long as possible and its always good to scout with an ovie around 5:30-6 min mark.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
http://www.assembly.org/winter11/news/steelseries-challenge-sc2-first-participants-chosen

SteelSeries Challenge: SC2 - First participants chosen:

They are, in alphabetical order:

• ActionJesuz
  • dignitas.Bischu
  • aTn.DarKFoRcE
  • mTw.DeMusliM
  • PwR.elfi
  • Menace.Fuzer
  • EG.Grubby
  • mouz.HasuObs
  • srs.iNSoLeNCE
  • dignitas.merz
  • mouz.Naama
  • Empire.Naniwa
  • ROOT.qxc
  • Virus.Satiini
  • h4u.Seinis
  • dignitas.SjoW

*double takes*

• PwR.elfi
  • Menace.Fuzer
  • EG.Grubby
  • mouz.HasuObs
  • srs.iNSoLeNCE
  • dignitas.merz

*and again*

• EG.Grubby

Ohhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

YakiSOBA

Spl1nter said:
No he didn't do it wrong. I decided to play safe and put down an extra spine along with having a scout at the front of his base so I could see what he was pushing out with and when giving me time to make lings. That is one variation of numerous all-ins that terran can do with barracks in the early game.

No. What I meant was the "best" Terran all-in is 2rax, ~6marine + all scv's. If we're talking strictly all-in's, there's no reason to wait for 3rax before the doom push.

BigAT

WOOHOO!

Kk2WB.jpg

This came as a bit of a surprise, although I had been doing pretty well in 1v1 lately. The guy I beat to get promoted wasn't too happy with me apparently, he was throwing all types of racial slurs at me before he left our match. As you can see, it continued afterwards as well.

HolyCheck

congrats BigAT!!!!

Also guys I'd like to bring to the attention of SC2 GAF the GOTY Thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416386

I've made a template for us all

1. StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty ; Your thoughts on Game A.
2. Game B ; Your thoughts on Game B.
3. Game C ; Your thoughts on Game C.
4. Game D ; Your thoughts on Game D.
5. Game E ; Your thoughts on Game E.
6. Game F ; Your thoughts on Game F.
7. Game G ; Your thoughts on Game G.
8. Game H ; Your thoughts on Game H.
9. Game I ; Your thoughts on Game I.
10. Game J ; Your thoughts on Game J.

Ecto311

Any one ever patrol their mineral unit in the other base to simulate gathering and hide in a group to have constant vision?

YakiSOBA

BigAT said:
WOOHOO!

Kk2WB.jpg

This came as a bit of a surprise, although I had been doing pretty well in 1v1 lately. The guy I beat to get promoted wasn't too happy with me apparently, he was throwing all types of racial slurs at me before he left our match. As you can see, it continued afterwards as well.

grats! were u in platinum before?

Has anyone ever jumped from silver to diamond? out of curiosity lol

BigAT

YakiSOBA said:
grats! were u in platinum before?

Has anyone ever jumped from silver to diamond? out of curiosity lol
I was in platinum already, but I wasn't especially highly ranked in my division when I got promoted, only in the 40s (I realize division rank has nothing to do with promotion).

V_Arnold

And on the same not, I got demoted again, haha :D
This time, I started playing random in ladder anyway, went from +5 W/L to -9 W/L :D

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
And on the same not, I got demoted again, haha :D
This time, I started playing random in ladder anyway, went from +5 W/L to -9 W/L :D
you play in eu right ?!
if so, whats your friend id :D

How fast is Terran supposed to get hellion harrass out? I've been trying to make this work vs Zerg with a 1/1/1 build, but I feel like I'm always late to the party. Its usually about 6:30 in and he's already got a small army together to defend.

LakeEarth

In the EG tourney last weekend a lot of terrans were getting early gas so that they could build their factory the second the barracks finished. This was usually to get an early banshee, but still could lead to some early harass.

YakiSOBA

Just wondering... if I'm in Silver and I've been tearing it up lately (16 wins, 4 losses in last 20), beating gold and platinum 1v1 players, when can I expect a promotion? Some were diamond in 2v2->4v4's also!

DaFish

YakiSOBA said:
Just wondering... if I'm in Silver and I've been tearing it up lately (16 wins, 4 losses in last 20), beating gold and platinum 1v1 players, when can I expect a promotion? Some were diamond in 2v2->4v4's also!
the 2v2's/4v4's don't matter... No one really knows how the systems works but I would say your due for a promotion "soon"

TheRagnCajun said:
How fast is Terran supposed to get hellion harrass out? I've been trying to make this work vs Zerg with a 1/1/1 build, but I feel like I'm always late to the party. Its usually about 6:30 in and he's already got a small army together to defend.

Lately, I've been trying this: 10 supply, 12 rax, 13 gas, 15 orbital. Crank marines from rax, wait for 100 gas, put down factory (start making hellions) and take second gas. When factory is ready, put down starport. When medivac is out, you'll have 3 hellions.

You can follow up with 2 starport banshees (Google 'iechoic 1-1-2' on teamliquid.net).

It's possible to get the hellions out faster by taking the 2 gasses earlier. But it costs you elsewhere (SCVs, marines).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PhoenixDark said:
Damn, been so obsessed with Cataclysm I haven't played SC2. Has the patch gone live yet?
Same here, but yeah I'll be back :)

Meeru

Banned
Hazaro said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177383
Awesome matches in 2 hours.

Group C: December 21, 7pm kst (2am PST)
IM.NesTea <Xel'Naga> oGsMC
NEXTaeja <Shakuras> ST_Bomber
IM.NesTea <Scrap Station> NEXTaeja
oGsMC <Jungle Basin> ST_Bomber
ST_Bomber <Metal'> IM.NesTea
NEXTaeja <Lost Temple> oGsMC

Group D: December 21, 9pm kst (4am PST)
IMmvp
TSL_Clideeeeee
choyafOu

oGs.Cezanne
do u need the pot player to view? or can u watch on IE?

HolyCheck

Stevie Gerrard said:
huk v idra right now, both streaming

stream froze up as idra was typing his rant to huk just now, what was it about? i saw something about being cheap, a $100 bet and a coin flip?

HolyCheck said:
stream froze up as idra was typing his rant to huk just now, what was it about? i saw something about being cheap, a $100 bet and a coin flip?
Idra said something like "fucking abusive stuff every game, you cheat, you coinflip every game"
Huk said "thanks for the $100"

Don't know what that refers to

Feep

Banned
Did I just beat an 1800 Diamond Zerg?

yes

I'm not consistently beating Diamond players, but I did everything right in this one.

Sidequestion: If a fast-expanding Zerg decides, "You know what, fuck it, I'm laying down 3-4 Spine Crawlers to make SURE I don't get killed", what's the best way to beat it? I tried to lay down Hallucination + Twilight Council + Blink to get into the main, but that shit took me nearly four game minutes, and his economic advantage had kicked in.

syllogism

You are allowed to expand yourself and just keep poking, avoiding the spines if possible, to force him to make units. Make sentries to deal with lings while you expand. Of course 3-4 spines isn't that much so it's quite possible to break it with even 4 gate if he doesnt make enough units. As toss, it's okay to be behind zerg and turtle to get your second and maybe third up and push when your death ball is ready.

Feep said:
Did I just beat an 1800 Diamond Zerg?

yes

I'm not consistently beating Diamond players, but I did everything right in this one.

Sidequestion: If a fast-expanding Zerg decides, "You know what, fuck it, I'm laying down 3-4 Spine Crawlers to make SURE I don't get killed", what's the best way to beat it? I tried to lay down Hallucination + Twilight Council + Blink to get into the main, but that shit took me nearly four game minutes, and his economic advantage had kicked in.

tech to air. laugh at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom