• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Ecto311 said:
Did some searching, but where is the best place to catch the gsl finals tonight?

gomtv.net account is free and easy to make, if you show up ~10 minutes before the 3AM EST finals you should be able to get on either the Standard Quality or Test Stream. If not, soon after someone will be restreaming it, just search GSL on Livestream.com

quality is usually better direct from gomtv since restreamers are streaming another stream

IceMarker

Over the past few nights I've learned that we have a lot of players willing to cheese in team games 80% of the time. It's not funny anymore, for me and a few others.

Zzoram

MrMister said:
Over the past few nights I've learned that we have a lot of players willing to cheese in team games 80% of the time. It's not funny anymore, for me and a few others.

Play defensive and scout and auto win those 80% of games.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Zzoram said:

Cheese in 2v2, 3v3, and especially 4v4 is a different beast with some of these maps. When your team is separated, each alone becomes quite susceptible to 2v1 cheese attempts. For instance, I've learned that 2 Zerg player usually means 6-pool rushes 90% of the time. While you alone can defend as them easily as any race, it essentially leaves your economy as crappy as theirs, and thus their attempts to cheese ultimately result in little net risk.

kmc

Thanks guys! Had fun. First night i got to play more than 1 game even though i played no 1 v 1., (probably a good thing ha). I'll have a mic if you guys are on tommorrow night.

this is grind btw.

Vaporak

Zzoram said:

Playing defensively doesn't work vs cheese when it's 2 people cheesing your 1 defense. You gotta have good team coordination and scouting to defend cheese in team games, and that's more serious play than I think most want to do in big gaf vs gaf team games.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrMister said:
teams =/= license to triple hatch before pool.

besides, i do it 100% of the tme. gets the game done before the lag.

if im in a team game, im either going banelings only, or cheesing you. if its not fun, dont play teams vs 'cheesers' and enjoy your nr15

IceMarker

Pandaman said:
also 10 pool and broken terran allins are not cheese in 1v1, so why suddenly is it cheese? >_>
Anything that destroys me before we hit 5 minutes I'm watching out for from now on, cheese or not.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Snow said:
It certainly is my 'chill out from 1v1 without quitting the sc2 client game' of choice. It is a pretty nifty little super simple DotA clone. If you have a decent group that moves together and attacks and retreats in unison a game of starbattle can be reasonably rewarding.

Yeah, it sucks when you see someone on their own basically get flanked and killed. It's too bad warp resets every time you get hit. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro said:
Ok!

So I came back after my two finals and like 14 hours of sleep the past 5 days and cast a game.

TvZ on Xel'Naga Caverns.
http://tinyurl.com/HazCast1

It's done at 2am and it's just something I've been wanting to get off my chest.

Disclaimers: I use the phrase 'pretty good' and 'really good' a lot.
Observing I think I could have bounced a bit more, and talked about unit production / overall strat and flow of the game.
Additionally I think the opening where I rant about 'what should be done' is wrong. Dunno what I was rambling about with my mightier than thou attitude.
Also, I sound and act like Day[9]? (Maybe?) I think our styles overlap and no doubt he has some influence.

I don't know whether it's because of what time it is or my mental state, but I'm pretty happy with my first impromptu cast.

I'd rather have casted the Scrap Station game vs Splinter, but it was a spur of the moment thing when I was testing my mic and audio settings. Hope you enjoy.

All aspects of critical criticism welcome.
Mic, volume, focus, style, sluring words, odd curse words, repetition, unit tab, etc.

**Hope some of you can input some feedback. Thanks. Bed time now.
Any more fully fledged out critical opinions would be nice

Slasher

See-The-StarCraft-2-Evil-Geniuses-Masters-Cup-Series-IV-Stream-This-Weekend-on-G4TVcom-.jpg

(NOTE: I do not have posting abilities in the main NeoGAF forum, could someone please copy/paste my post and make a new thread titled "EG Masters Cup Series IV Starcraft 2 w/ djWHEAT & Day9")

Hey guys, Slasher from Live On Three (live eSports/pro gaming talk show w/ djWHEAT and SirScoots, http://www.djWHEAT.blip.tv) here once again, I'll be providing info and updates for this weekend's EG MSI Masters Cup Series IV. The last Masters Cup went so well they decided to run another, this time partnering up with G4TV.com who will be rebroadcasting the event all weekend long. Marcus "djWHEAT" Graham and Sean "Day9" Plott are your casters while Scot "SirScoots" Smith is behind the production.

16 players remain from the 512-man bracket, including iNcontroL, PainUser, qxc, Machine, SLush, Agh and Swedish player SjoW. All matches will be played in a single-elimination, best-of-5 format. The winner of the tournament will win $1,000, and face off against IdrA for a chance to win a MSI GT660 Notebook.

Full bracket: http://msi.myeg.net/?page=stem_schedule&stageid=3919

You can watch the event live all weekend long at http://www.djWHEAT.tv or http://www.g4tv.com/masterscup

Here's the schedule: (Note: All times listed in local PST time, EST is +3, CET is +9, KST is +13)

Saturday, December 18:
11:30 AM PST (2:30 PM EST, 20:30 CET): Pre-Show
12:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - ROOT.SLush (Z) vs AlLaboUtyOu (T)
1:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - EG.Machine (Z) vs Nvu (T)
2:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - EG.iNcontroL (P) vs GoSu (T)
3:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - LG.Agh (P) vs Dignitas.SjoW (T)
TBD PST: Quarterfinal 1 - (SLush/AlLaboUtyOu vs. Sorcery/PainUser)
TBD PST: Quarterfinal 2 - (iNcontroL/Gosu vs. Stalife/ThisIsJimmy)
TBD PST: Quarterfinal 3 - (Saikou/bLuR vs. Agh/SjoW)

Sunday, October 31:
11:30 AM PST (2:30 PM EST, 20:30 CET): Pre-Show Championship Sunday
12:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - (root.QXC vs. vT|desRoW)
1:30 PM PST: Quarterfinal 4 - (QXC/desRoW vs. Machine/NvU)
TBD PM PST: Semifinal 1
TBD PM PST: Semifinal 2
TBD PM PST: 3rd/4th Place Match
TBD PM PST: Grand Final
TBD PM PST: IdrA Notebook Match

Main coverage hub http://www.myeg.net/article/article_detail.php?article_id=983

Neckbeard said:
Zerg. Low-end Gold. I actually don't think I quite belong in gold yet.
Roaches are a good response to Thors. Thors are also really, really slow, so it opens up a lot of possibilities for harassment with Nydus, Mutas, Drops, etc. Two-pronged attacks are really strong against Mech.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Neckbeard said:
Zerg. Low-end Gold. I actually don't think I quite belong in gold yet.
roach:
cheap, quick and tough. roaches will deal back the damage they take, but they're fast enough to snuggle in towards the thor in any landscapes. burrow move can also be effective for setting up ambushes.

ling:
all units that are small, fast, and numerous can abuse the dps of the thor. [1 thor shot does 60 damage to an ultralisk army. 1 thor shot does 35 damage to a zergling army.]

broodlords:
force thors into using their AA attack to very little effect. no bonus damage and armour has a x4 modifier because of how thors aa works. broodlings will also gum up large slow units like thors and cause targetting problems for thors in the back.

hydra:
on creep and vs pure thor only, hydras rape. however you will rarely ever be in a situation where hydras are ideal and they're very poor versus mixed terran and offcreep for their cost. even though there creep speed and insane dps make them seem ideal, avoid them.

Spl1nter

Neckbeard said:
I've tried that and it never works. I win a battle, but then they reinforce and I lose the next. I guess I just don't counter quickly enough.

well its not meant to be the bulk of your army. Just 2-3 infestors using neural is all you need to turn the battle in your favour as your roaches and lings swarm the thors.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hazaro said:
My guess is that you don't have enough bases or drones.
yep.

probably the most important part of learning zerg is losing alot of games because you overexpanded and couldnt quite defend it. thats the only way to get the feel for it because alot of it is off the gut. its a 'have a third before 12min/100food' thing, but when exactly you take it might just kill you depending on the situation. you need the experience with expanding.

@spl1nter:
JjM0b.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Neckbeard said:
more than likely the drones. In th emost recent game, I had 4.5 bases. Saturation left quite a bit to be desired.
how long was this game?
actually, better yet.
got some replays of wins and losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom