• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazaro said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177383
Awesome matches in 2 hours.

Group C: December 21, 7pm kst (2am PST)
IM.NesTea <Xel'Naga> oGsMC
NEXTaeja <Shakuras> ST_Bomber
IM.NesTea <Scrap Station> NEXTaeja
oGsMC <Jungle Basin> ST_Bomber
ST_Bomber <Metal'> IM.NesTea
NEXTaeja <Lost Temple> oGsMC

Group D: December 21, 9pm kst (4am PST)
IMmvp
TSL_Clideeeeee
choyafOu

oGs.Cezanne
Clide just spanked Choya

I don't get why this undeserving class S player doesn't switch from Colossus to HTs and make all those Vikings paper weight.

twofold

I don't think I've ever been so frustrated by a loss than this particular game.

Replay -- http://replayfu.com/r/MK2Gtn

He opens 4 warp gate with warp in from behind the rocks on Jungle Basin, I hold it off. I scout him and see double Stargate, I drop a Hydra Den and expand to my third. What I didn't see was him dropping a dark shrine, which basically crippled my army since his DTs caught me off guard.

From there, I found it pretty much impossible to attack because he could take out my detection with ease and his DTs would wreck my army. The battle at his third is a prime example of this.

Stargate + DT is the bane of my existence -- I crumble to it.

Advice would be appreciated.

(Side note -- I know my macro was pretty awful that game!)

Edit - I watched the replay and I think my entire mess up was the attack on the third. I think I should have sat back and macro'd up (even though I was close to max ..), or attacked better (he had an awesome concave, I had.. nothing -- I could have flanked from the back, or something).

I really hate Jungle Basin as a map. It's so claustrophobic and all the expansion locations for possible thirds are vulnerable as hell. Meh.

farnham

Banned
twofold said:
I don't think I've ever been so frustrated by a loss than this particular game.

Replay -- http://replayfu.com/r/MK2Gtn

He opens 4 warp gate with warp in from behind the rocks on Jungle Basin, I hold it off. I scout him and see double Stargate, I drop a Hydra Den and expand to my third. What I didn't see was him dropping a dark shrine, which basically crippled my army since his DTs caught me off guard.

From there, I found it pretty much impossible to attack because he could take out my detection with ease and his DTs would wreck my army. The battle at his third is a prime example of this.

Stargate + DT is the bane of my existence -- I crumble to it.

Advice would be appreciated.

(Side note -- I know my macro was pretty awful that game!)
interesting approach

its the old stove tactic right ?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Stevie Gerrard said:
Idra said something like "fucking abusive stuff every game, you cheat, you coinflip every game"
Huk said "thanks for the $100"

Don't know what that refers to

did some research, turns out they played the day before or something for a tourney/show match and huk won lol

ultron87

I now know how to tell how much shields a unit in a Warp Prism has. Thanks replay!

Edit: Could you avoid Marauder shots with that technique or do those operate the same as roach attacks?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
I now know how to tell how much shields a unit in a Warp Prism has. Thanks replay!

Edit: Could you avoid Marauder shots with that technique or do those operate the same as roach attacks?
you could.

easy way to tell: if the pdd blocks it, you can avoid it.

ultron87

*goes to Liquidpedia*

PDD can also stop a Reaper's building attack. I look forward to the day this valuable piece of knowledge wins someone a GSL in some insane fashion.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Observer seeing warp prism and catches it as DTs come into base.

MediumThumbnail.jpg

Deadman

I just had a fun match on jungle basin vs a terran. He was really good (for us both being silver :lol ) he harassed really well at the start of the game with banshees and drops and then he went in to a really strong macro game after that where he was out expanding me. It was fun to play someone trying to play the "right" way.

Except that i lost, that sucked.

Snow

Too bad the demo isn't a short prequel campaign again, like it was for the Warcraft 2, Starcraft and Warcraft 3 demos. Though with the ridiculous amount of polish and unique assets that the single player levels have, it probably would be prohibitive to produce 3 new levels that are representative of the retail game just for a demo. Was kind of a cool thing they did with those demos though, IIRC the SC1 demo for instance took place on Chau Sara, the planet that had just been turned into a crisp by the Protoss when you start the retail campaigns.

I have this really weird thing going on where I can't see the options for matchmaking, and can't click find match either.

Am I the only one?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Deadman said:
I just had a fun match on jungle basin vs a terran. He was really good (for us both being silver :lol ) he harassed really well at the start of the game with banshees and drops and then he went in to a really strong macro game after that where he was out expanding me. It was fun to play someone trying to play the "right" way.

Except that i lost, that sucked.

Huh, most Terrans I go up against don't seem to know that games can go past 10 minutes.

http://replayfu.com/r/mF6gRf

IceMarker

Just a reminder I will make my big informative GAF night post tomorrow night which happens to be the night of GAF night! See you tonight and/or tomorrow night! :D

Vaporak

Noooooooo, Shakuras Plateau seems to be taken out of the map pool. :(
I saw a thread about it on TL and logged in to check the map preferences and it's GONE. Hopefully this is a bug and Blizzard isn't trying to make the map pool worse. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
I saw a thread about it on TL and logged in to check the map preferences and it's GONE. Hopefully this is a bug and Blizzard isn't trying to make the map pool worse. :(
i swear to idra, if shakuras goes im switching to protoss.

DaFish

Vaporak said:

Why does Blizzard hate us?

syllogism

http://www.gomtv.net/sc2_gisado.php

- T : ST_Rainbow, MarinKingPrime.WE, TSL_Rain, IMMvp, TSL_Clide
- Z : TSL_FruitDealer, IMNestea, EGIdrA, KirixZenex, LeenockfOru
- P : HongUnPrime.WE, TSL_sSKS, ChoyafOru, ST_GgoBooGie, NSPGenius
- Dec. 22 (Wed.) at 7 pm (KST) : Zerg vs Terran
- Dec. 23 (Thur.) at 7 pm (KST) : Protoss vs Zerg
- Dec. 24 (Fri.) at 7 pm (KST) : Terran vs Protoss
- Each player continues to play matches against players of the other race, as long
as he wins.

e: oh already posted on the gomtv thread

Vaporak

Deadman said:
The shakuras being gone is probably because they are fixing that bug where you can place an invisible pylon and then warp stuff in without the opponent knowing you can.

Thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177912

However if its not because of this then its the worst thing to ever happen.

It's not just pylons, anything that can fit in that little space is invisible, most notably a Dark Shrine and a Spire fit. Hopefully they're just fixing that and the map will be back soon. Though I hope Blizzard rotates out some of the worse maps and puts in some better ones soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom