• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=174950&currentpage=All

1 BLY Checked In
2 DarKFoRcE Checked In
3 DuckloadRa Checked In
4 Empire.Kas Checked In
5 Empire.Naniwa Checked In
6 Kuba Checked In
7 LiquidTLO Checked In
8 mouzHasu Checked In
9 mouzMaNa Checked In
10 mouzMorrow Checked In
11 mouzStrelok Checked In
12 mTwDIMAGA Checked In
13 PraeNightEnD Checked In
14 RoX.KIS.Brat_OK Checked In
15 SjoW Checked In
16 Tarson Checked In

Starts in 40 minutes.. and they're looking for an english streamer... mr mister ;)

Slavik81

Corran Horn said:
Is match fixing if you never play the match? The agreement they were putting together was that he'd forfeit, not that he'd try to subtly throw the match. And they were discussing it in public and with the event organizers.

There was no scheme to defraud gamblers or trick the tournament organizers, as is usually the case with match fixing. This sounds a lot worse than it is. Mostly, it seems that a couple kids didn't understand why the tournament is run in the first place, and hence why forfeiting would be deemed unacceptable.

Raelson

Slavik81 said:
Is match fixing if you never play the match? The agreement they were putting together was that he'd forfeit, not that he'd try to subtly throw the match. And they were discussing it in public and with the event organizers.

There was no scheme to defraud gamblers or trick the tournament organizers, as is usually the case with match fixing. This sounds a lot worse than it is. Mostly, it seems that a couple kids didn't understand why the tournament is run in the first place, and hence why forfeiting would be deemed unacceptable.
There was actually no match fixing involved, everyone just blew it out of proportion.

Morrow's explanation from Teamliquid:
when we saw this event we quickly realized if both if us played it and won half of the tours then we wouldnt get the computer (there are about 16 tours and need 11 tour wins to get the computer). assuming we would win half of these each which would make us 3 steps away from getting it

so we asked maven if it was allowed to play the finals and give the win to the other player even if someone else won. for example if me and sjow met in finals and then we stacked all wins to sjows "thorphy table". he said he was ok and i thought it was ok going to IOL on the bus but when i got there it was not the case. we were not allowed to stack all wins to 1 player

in all honesty im far from a cheater, i have never cheated in my life and im a serious gamer.
i thought i could keep the stream on because its not like were gonna talk anything dirty about cheating. we were just honestly asking the admins of the tournament if it was allowed to give the wins to 1 player if we met in the finals. which was not allowed

and from here rakaka took over and made the story alot more interesting than it actually is haha

if its allowed by the admins to split wins like that then u shouldnt call the gamers cheaters or anything, then you should complaint to the admins and orga for allowing it to happen. me and sjow are good friends and we knew we would be the far superior players at this backdoor neighbour events thats why we wanted to work together so we wouldnt sabotage each other so nobody of us would get the computer, it actually makes alot of sense.

you cant blame players for things they do might be boring or lame, just when i abused reapers in the IEM germany, its imbalanced and i said it myself but you shouldnt call me a lame player for doing it, you should put the blame on the game for being imbalanced. its quite the same concept if u think about it really

me and sjow came to a new conclusion now anyway and we decided only 1 player should stay and play these tournaments and it turns out to be sjow. just to make it extra clear only 1 of us plays this because if both plays it theres a big risk neither of us gets the computer and that would be such a tragedy

lets just cheer for sjow to get the computer asap. if the cs players get 11 wins before sjow does, then they will take both the computers they have on their giveout and once sjow reach 11 wins he wont get any computer. thats why its so important that 1 person wins all tours in a row

many are talking about rigging games as in acting the finals when one player plays on purpose badly so he loses. we were never going to do this ofcourse. we were gonna play finals and have a nice time and let the best player win, and then give the actual prize wins to 1 person.

this is not anything like koreas match making scandal^^
ive been a member of the sc community for a long time and ive been a very mannered and competitive one aswell with high goals in the game.
it would never come to me to cheat in events and thats why i wanted to make sure with the admins it was allowed to pile up all wins on 1 person because personally i thought it sounded silly and didnt believe we would be allowed to do so, which turned out to be true.

just wanna give a big cheers to inferno online they have let me practice there for over a month for free and hosting such awesome events. i wish the guys who participate in it the best of luck and ill leave sjow to this one

i never meant to do anything that i knew was wrong. we were told it was allowed but once i got there it was completely different. all we have done really is just to ask if something was allowed by the admins and they said it was ok and will work something out, and later on changing their mind and then rakaka took it from there

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Slavik81 said:

actually they pretty much were defrauding the organizers.
the grand prize was meant to go to someone who demonstrates that he or she alone can go the distance many, many times.

fixing the games so one person 'wins' 11 times despite not actually earning the wins gives someone a prize they do not rightly deserve.

YakiSOBA

I'm in a stalemate with a zerg in 1v1 right now (alt tabbed). I have a CC and 2 barracks floated, 5 minerals, no units.

He has 1 extractor, 1 drone, and 5 zerglings, nothing else.

It's been 2 hours and 34 minutes. I alt tab in every 30minutes lol...... there's really nothing I can do right? He was highly favored against me, so I really don't want to lose :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
YakiSOBA said:
I'm in a stalemate with a zerg in 1v1 right now (alt tabbed). I have a CC and 2 barracks floated, 5 minerals, no units.

It's been 2 hours and 34 minutes. I alt tab in every 30minutes lol...... there's really nothing I can do right? He was highly favored against me, so I really don't want to lose :p
I hate you.
So much.

ezrarh

YakiSOBA said:

I'm guessing it's not an orbital command so you can't call down mules?

YakiSOBA

ezrarh said:
I'm guessing it's not an orbital command so you can't call down mules?

No OC :( Guy rushed me so I sent everything I had to his base, he stupidly didn't come back so I actually killed everything but an extractor with 2 marines and scvs, but they all got wiped soon after lol...

sigh.. if only i went for extractor, when hatch was down and creep disolves teh spawning pool would have died on its own...

im gonna wait it out and see how long this lasts since i have to go meet up with friends for dinner haha... will keep yall updated lol

Snow

Shakuras is probably my favourite map in the pool right now, but I'm not too worried about the removal. They just posted on the forum that everyone has gone on a holiday break at Blizzard, so probably the best fix for now is to just pull a map that has an outright exploit in it and see what can be done after the break. The people on tl.net that are afraid Blizzard is determined to kill macro play may be overreacting a wee bit, I think.

Also, they've said they're working on more ladder maps (buried in this letter by Morhaime somewhere) so I'm sure the map pool will continue to evolve. I thought the last big change (that included the addition of shakuras and removal of oasis, iirc) went in the right direction. And I actually kinda like a variety of map sizes, so I'm not sure if the hope of a lot of bw players to have a pool of only big macro maps in the ladder pool is ideal for everyone either.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
YakiSOBA said:
No OC :( Guy rushed me so I sent everything I had to his base, he stupidly didn't come back so I actually killed everything but an extractor with 2 marines and scvs, but they all got wiped soon after lol...

sigh.. if only i went for extractor, when hatch was down and creep disolves teh spawning pool would have died on its own...

im gonna wait it out and see how long this lasts since i have to go meet up with friends for dinner haha... will keep yall updated lol
its bad enough that you're a lifter, but you're also terran number 3044436594693 who forgot that there's a fucking load scv button on your command center.
HAVE YE NO CHIVALRY?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
GAF NIGHT
mortal_kombat.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Vaporak said:
Damn, I'm gonna miss GAF night tonight, planned to hang out with some friends and see a movie.
A social life!? >:/

...I'll probably come on later tonight myself.

IceMarker

a40euw.png

The third GAF night is upon us! Log in to SC2 or go to the listed streams to watch or play in the much hyped weekly GAF night!

Information said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
--1v1
--2v2
--3v3
--4v4
--Custom Maps
--FFA
-Live-Casting by various GAF members
-VoDs by various GAF members
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

Have fun! :D

WedgeX

Banned
Listening to GAF mumble has possibly made my night. :lol :lol

Not having a mic nor being in-game kinda leaves me with no input. Some day, again.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Corran Horn said:
US gaf night ya, started not long ago

Sigh, having been invited to the chat.. my laptop over heated just waiting in the lobby :(

Time to watch the stream.

I heard my name!
<3

Proc

Hey guys I haven't really played since last major patch. I was doing well in plat with 4 gate protoss build. Are there any good guides you could point me to on the net? I'd like to read up on popular build orders and mid - late game production optimizations. I usually get pretty lost once the games last longer than 20 minutes.

I watch alot of replays with commentary but nothing really sinks in for mid to late game.

My roommate is outta town for Xmas, and i've been playing all day on his account. But i want my own cheap rig that can run this game on mid settings. Nothing heavy, i have a laptop for school and other stuff. I know nothing about techy stuff or PC's, so it would be better if i didn't have to build my own rig.

Recommendations? Thx.

velvet_nitemare said:
My roommate is outta town for Xmas, and i've been playing all day on his account. But i want my own cheap rig that can run this game on mid settings. Nothing heavy, i have a laptop for school and other stuff. I know nothing about techy stuff or PC's, so it would be better if i didn't have to build my own rig.

Recommendations? Thx.

What's your budget? I am sure we can help you out with this :]

mescalineeyes said:
It's not gonna be easy, but it's not too far out there. This is just for the tower without accessories, yes?

Yea, just the tower. I might be able to up the amount, depending on cash flow, but i'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. Thx.

Proc

Proc said:
Hey guys I haven't really played since last major patch. I was doing well in plat with 4 gate protoss build. Are there any good guides you could point me to on the net? I'd like to read up on popular build orders and mid - late game production optimizations. I usually get pretty lost once the games last longer than 20 minutes.

I watch alot of replays with commentary but nothing really sinks in for mid to late game.

Did some searching around and found a lot of help. I cannot wait to up my macro game.

I found a lot of good stuff at http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft2/ and team liquid's site.

Also, Day 9 is amazing for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom