• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
HolyCheck said:
Gamecune was $10k first place in Mexico and only TT1 and Fenix attended of anyone notable.

Beeline sc2 tourney for russian only citizens $10.5k first place won by bratok
but that doesn't contradict what I was saying...

nilbog21

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Just a notice for the cool kids who actually play SC2

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417258&page=2
The proper 2011 GSL season kicks off in 35 minutes!
JqEdB.jpg

anyone have a recorded stream of this? Who casted this?

nilbog21

Banned
Corran Horn said:
gomtv.net

Pay 10 dollars for the whole season's VODs. Only way to find them. Tasteless and Artosis cast the GSL

i don't really understand what this is exactly.. is this season 4? What is the sponsorship league? how long will it last?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
nilbog21 said:
i don't really understand what this is exactly.. is this season 4? What is the sponsorship league? how long will it last?
I guess you could consider it something similar. Season 1-3 were open qualifiers to determine ranking for the stuff happening now. There is a code s and a code A 32 man tournament during this sponsorship league.

nilbog21

Banned
sweeeet, how are the ads on the 9.99$ pass?

also shouldn't i be getting a discount since i purchased season 3 pass? D:

edit: it won't even let me purchase hte 19.99$ pass ;[

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
nilbog21 said:
sweeeet, how are the ads on the 9.99$ pass?

also shouldn't i be getting a discount since i purchased season 3 pass? D:

edit: it won't even let me purchase hte 19.99$ pass ;[
It wont let you get the 19.99 one due to no ads atm. Once ads get put into place, they will offer that version. Im guessing they will offer an upgrade to no ads fee...but dunno

To make up for this decrease, we are planning to change the service model to the one with pre-ads.
However, the detail plan hasn't been finalized yet and we are still discussing it.

Since it seems difficult to change the price in the middle of the season, we would like to adjust it beforehand.
There will be no ad for a while and once we start it ad free tickets will be also available.

Additionaly, members who purchase a ticket are able to use iPhone/iPad apps with no extra pay.
We hope all our members enjoy GSL 2011 with this great deal.

This suuuucks, I haven't played 1v1 in months and I had managed to place Platinum. I definitely belong in Silver or Gold. :lol Lost every game today really poorly.

zlatko

Banned
Deadman said:
Day9 daily back on tonight, 7pm pacific.

9PM my time. Time to protoss cannon rush for 2 and a half hours till then. Maybe I'll actually move up in my bronze league bracket today. I've been stuck at 69 for about 3 days, even though I'm winning more than losing now.

Edit: Log in and I'm now a 70 instead of 69. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Deadman

HolyCheck said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/mOOnGLaDe

moonglade from Australia streaming on the korean ladder, currently he's listening to the tron sound track. High level play :) (saw some nex players + others, he's in the top 200.. or was llast week)

Arnt those mutually exclusive things?

lolololol :)

I like that he got 2 spinecrawlers very early to deal with the marine scv attack. I think this will eventually be the way all the top zergs defend. Same way fe protoss have to use cannons to survive.

zlatko

Banned
Just had a douche bag who refused to surrender extend the game by several more minutes to force me to run around the map to get his last buildings. Goes afk on purpose just to be a shit smear.

Even paused the game once just to be a dill hole. :/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Deadman said:
Arnt those mutually exclusive things?

lolololol :)

I like that he got 2 spinecrawlers very early to deal with the marine scv attack. I think this will eventually be the way all the top zergs defend. Same way fe protoss have to use cannons to survive.

Daft Punk seems to make the stream even more epic...

Deadman

HolyCheck said:
Daft Punk seems to make the stream even more epic...

I was actually already listening to the tron soundtrack, the double play was funny.

But now it is time for me to watch my first ever live daily.

zlatko

Banned
Deadman said:
Did you cannon rush him?

Nope he was zerg. I never do that to zerg. I generally save that for Terrans. I did 4 gate, and eventually got up collasi, had my natural, was up to i think 8 gateways, pouring out stalkers, then I went in at around 100 some dudes and got rid of all 3 of his hatcheries without any issue. I asked him why he wouldn't just surrender and save us the time, and that's when he paused and said brb.

He wasn't a noobie either, he was building the right things, and expanding smartly, etc. I just out played him. It was him being a poor sport.

Also, I'm confused by the point system in this game. Usually when I win I gain 4 points. If I lose it's -10 or -14. I just lost to a Terran who played extremely well---clearly not his first SC2 account. And I'm forced to suffer a gigantic loss. It's really disheartening. :/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Deadman said:
I was actually already listening to the tron soundtrack, the double play was funny.

But now it is time for me to watch my first ever live daily.

It's so much more fun live :lol :lol

edit: that hair!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
great, day9 telling all toss how to do a super strong 6 gate :(
and now mutas.

honestly, i wouldnt mind if they copied that first build. ret made some big mistakes there

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
and now mutas.

honestly, i wouldnt mind if they copied that first build. ret made some big mistakes there

Its still an extremely difficult build to hold off. Of course I wouldn't go muta on those positions.

Going to start playing some actual sc2 again tomorrow.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
Its still an extremely difficult build to hold off.
eh.

as far as 6 gates go, i wouldnt be too worried to scout that.
rets problem was that he didn't even bother to do that.

zlatko

Banned
O.O I just had a zerg send all of his drones into my base right from the start. He had the game in the bag, but he randomly left out of niceness he said. Didn't feel like cheesing me for a win since I wasn't an ass haha.

It wasn't all his drone as I held off the first wave, and was trying to get my gateway out to get some zealots, but the lack of probes left me with like 2 or 3 to try to do that. He was back again with 10 to finish it. What's the best thing a Protoss can do to prevent this cheese play?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
O.O I just had a zerg send all of his drones into my base right from the start. He had the game in the bag, but he randomly left out of niceness he said. Didn't feel like cheesing me for a win since I wasn't an ass haha.

It wasn't all his drone as I held off the first wave, and was trying to get my gateway out to get some zealots, but the lack of probes left me with like 2 or 3 to try to do that. He was back again with 10 to finish it. What's the best thing a Protoss can do to prevent this cheese play?
retreat halfway through the fight, full regen shields, lol.
alternatively, scout it and walloff.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
retreat halfway through the fight, full regen shields, lol.
alternatively, scout it and walloff.

Kk. I shoulda def. microed more hehe.

I'm really getting depressed about how I get raped by someone on an alt account and lose so much progress. I just lost -20 points. That's about me winning 5+ times shot down the hole in 1 loss. :/ Alt accounts should be not allowed. ugh.

Edit: Wow this is sorta bull shit. Yet another loss totaling -20. I only get like 4-6 on wins. A rare 8. My win loss may be going up, but it's not going to matter much if I'm constantly stuck in my gap due to all the wins being negated by 1 loss.

Edit 2: Got into a stale mate. Went afk for 25 minutes came back to a win. :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
cool picture.
extreme graphics 7v7 200/200 armies all zerg players, 64fps?
What you actually want information behind a bar graph? With actual importance behind what the benchmark is simulating?
Here's one for you then.
http://techreport.com/articles.x/20188/6

1920x1080, 8 player match, 30 minutes long, high settings
iEOFS.gif

The other is pulled from anandtech and is run with:
1024 x 768 - Medium Graphics, Ultra CPU Settings

Cheeto

Spl1nter said:
Its still an extremely difficult build to hold off. Of course I wouldn't go muta on those positions.

Going to start playing some actual sc2 again tomorrow.
What happened to you the other night? Forget to pay your interweb bill?

V_Arnold

Zlatko, you just cant be a BP whore in this game.
ACTUAL GAME SKILL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> GAMES PLAYED >>> WIN-LOSS RATIO >>>> POINTS.

zlatko

Banned
V_Arnold said:

I'm just confused by how points are totaled. I actually got a couple wins that resulted in gaining 20 points even though I was favored. It's confusing. I appreciate though if I lose in this game it's my own fault to a full extent, where as a FPS or a fighting game has that random factor that can really play too big of a role sometimes with things like auto aim funkiness or lag.

I'm def. getting my skill up. More control groups, more scouting, keeping my money low by spending it, watching more replays/tutorial videos, and getting much better at executing build orders.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
what? no.

actual skill>win/loss ratio>>>>>>>>>>>>>points>>>games played.

Cheeto

Pandaman said:
what? no.

What if a decent player that buys a smurf account and throws 2 of the 5 placement matches... gets placed in wood league and then stomps people in 25 straight games... eventually promoted to diamond league. Now he's got a 92% win ratio... best player in the world?

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
what? no.

What? Yes.

The best thing to aim for is having actual game skill.
How do you achieve that? You play a lot (therefore, games played is more important than NOT playing because you fear that your ratio goes down).

And those are both more important than the ration and the points. Worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom